Maltby club discussion

Thanks for this thread guys and I too have been getting very interested in Maltby clubs. I am 36 years old and I usually shoot in the mid 90's so that puts me at about a 20-24 handicap. My achilles heel has always been ball striking, I tend to hit the ball all over the face. My issue with OEM clubs is here in Canada a set of Pings or Taylormades cost $1299 and that is without shaft upgrades, Mizuno hot metals are $1399 but that gets you whatever shafts you want. I require a shaft like KBS tour or DG lite, a mid flight shaft roughly 110g to 120g.

My question is with Maltby iron heads, what is the most forgiving FORGED head with the largest profile? Am I looking at the TS2 Forged or the PTM Forged? Are those two heads the most forgiving FORGED heads?

As far as profile goes what does the TS2 and PTM compare to from major OEM's?

If not for my Shaft Up win I was all set to buy a new set of PTMs. Incredibly easy to hit, fantastic feel, and a great price. I still might end up buying a set at some point because I was so impressed with them.

So, who is giving the new ISO-T driver a go?

Dave

Ditto - I am curious to hear some reviews also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto - I am curious to hear some reviews also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already have a customer that wants one and I'll have one for myself. So I'll order the 10.5 and the 9.5. But I wont be home for another 9 days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I embrace the baby fade I have with my HDI 3. I just aet up for it and it lands soft.

LOL. I wish I had a baby fade. This is a full on banana ball. I have to duck to make sure it doesn't hit me in the back of the head. I generally don't fight a big slice. I think it's the stiff shaft. I play a stiff shaft in my driver, but this shaft feels very stiff (Tensei Blue CK). I'm going to exchange it for a regular shaft.

LOL. I wish I had a baby fade. This is a full on banana ball. I have to duck to make sure it doesn't hit me in the back of the head. I generally don't fight a big slice. I think it's the stiff shaft. I play a stiff shaft in my driver, but this shaft feels very stiff (Tensei Blue CK). I'm going to exchange it for a regular shaft.
You can return them if you just cant hit them. I would steer you to the KE4 TC hybrid head. You wont banana that head!!

You can return them if you just cant hit them. I would steer you to the KE4 TC hybrid head. You wont banana that head!!

Yeah, I know. I have another traditional 2H that I hit fine. I just wanted to try something different. I'm trying a swing change right now, so I tend to hook hybrids now more than slice, except for the KE4 FDI.

The only thing I can think of is because your order was so early, well before they were on hand they had your order confused with an HDI and not the new FDI.

I contacted Golfworks for clarification on the adjustability of the FDI, and they confirmed they gave me bad information. The FDI can be bent up to 2 degrees. Of course now I have a hybrid in that spot in my bag.

I contacted Golfworks for clarification on the adjustability of the FDI, and they confirmed they gave me bad information. The FDI can be bent up to 2 degrees. Of course now I have a hybrid in that spot in my bag.
I have the FDI 2 bent 1 degree strong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I've been interested in a more forgiving long iron type option and was deciding between the Maltby FDI and the Cobra F9 4 iron. I decided to go for the Maltby 2 hybrid in the pak with the Maltby Pro Series shaft. I'm really looking forward to it arriving, but there could be a delay due to the virus. Golfworks was working today and did take my order, but who knows about tomorrow.

Is anyone else currently using the FDI?

Dave

Back