TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

M5 and M6 will be in my christmas shopping list 2024 :in-love::in-love::in-love:

Just watched James Robinson's on-course bag battle between the Epic Flash and the M6. I will definitely be testing the M6 at my fitting next month. While he was crushing both, he bombed a shot of the M6 toe, which is usually where I miss. Should be fun.

Hit the M5 today (along with almost everything else) in a driver fitting.

From the top it looks really great in hand, and behind the ball.

The feel/sound at impact was great. I could tell where on the face I hit the ball quite easily.

I wasn't seeing the most forgiveness with ball speed retention on big misses that I'm used to with my Rogue, but it was really good directionally.

At a lower price point I'd have to give this driver serious consideration, but there are just too many other great cheaper options this year. (especially if you figure particular aftermarket shafts into the mix)

Hit the M5 today (along with almost everything else) in a driver fitting.

From the top it looks really great in hand, and behind the ball.

The feel/sound at impact was great. I could tell where on the face I hit the ball quite easily.

I wasn't seeing the most forgiveness with ball speed retention on big misses that I'm used to with my Rogue, but it was really good directionally.

At a lower price point I'd have to give this driver serious consideration, but there are just too many other great cheaper options this year. (especially if you figure particular aftermarket shafts into the mix)

And the fact that one company is still making custom drivers from their previous lineup at a lower price point.
Yes, that won't be for too much longer but it's hard to look over every option unless you strictly wanted a 2019 model.

Had a chance to hit these and the M6 D-type was it for me. I look to add it to my bag in feb/march

Big Cat is going with the M5 driver and 3 wood at Torrey Pines

1fa23d4006b473f4a798ad49b1b64eda.jpg

I had the chance to hit the M5, I really like the 20-40 yards that I gained from hitting this driver! To compare it to my current driver, which is a R1 I brought to test the difference between the M5. The M5 was very forgiving (I could miss on the toe or heel and manage a fairly good shot with great distance, being new to the driver) Also, tested out a couple different settings and found that both the weights forward worked best for me.

I liked the M5 so much that I ordered one for my bag for Feb release date!

I went to a Cobra F9 Demo day last week expecting to go home with one. It was straight garbage for my crappy swing. The fitter had me try the M6 D-type and I hit my first 5 shots with it dead straight and 15-20 yard farther than my current gamer (Rogue). I'm glad they weren't for sale yet because I would have walked right out of the store with it. Now I have a couple more weeks to try out the other drivers coming out. The M6 wasn't on my radar but now it's got me rethinking.

I went to a Cobra F9 Demo day last week expecting to go home with one. It was straight garbage for my crappy swing. The fitter had me try the M6 D-type and I hit my first 5 shots with it dead straight and 15-20 yard farther than my current gamer (Rogue). I'm glad they weren't for sale yet because I would have walked right out of the store with it. Now I have a couple more weeks to try out the other drivers coming out. The M6 wasn't on my radar but now it's got me rethinking.

This is exactly what happened to me, but I was looking at the Epic Flash. M6 D-type will be in my bag for sure.

There was a pile of TM drivers in the demo bag today so once I had finished my round on the sim I grabbed the M5. 9.0 with the Tensei S shaft.

Right off the bat the sound and feel of this driver is spot on. The ball feels like it exploded off the face. The swing gives you that crushed it feeling. Took me a while to get the tee height right and I did mess with the weights some. But all the way back and to each side gave me eye opening consistency and distance.

Looks wise it's very pleasing to the eye. Sets up very well and I got along with the M5 instantly.

Shot for shot it was beating out my Rouge. I did sneak two of my Rouge shots to 298 and 300 but it was far less consistent. Plus it's been in the bag for a long year.

The miss with the M5 was low on the face that was a screaming low line drive. Didnt kill me in distance nearly as much as I would have thought.

Two shots of the numbers show nearly identical performance in two different samples. The widest dispersion was 37 yards all 10 of these shots would have found fairway.

I will head back over tomorrow and tinker a bit with weights but I'm almost certain the Rouge will hit the Used Market.

7ef48ecc7fc05a0093327c8ada3f5690.jpg
8835e00067475b5d3b69ec7f8f08814a.jpg
fcee35862784c643daec22afeaaf9f01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had a fitting at Club Champion yesterday and it came down to the M5 and Flash Sub Zero. I could of happily left with either club, but then we started messing with the weights on each club and hosel adjustments. After that the M5 blew away the flash sub zero in ball speed and backspin. I found both clubs actually to be very forgiving and not punishing at all on bad swings or mishits. I have no complaints on the Flash Sub Zero, but after dialing everything it the M5 was superior in every way. Dispersion was excellent as well. With the M5 we even settled in to both weights at the lowest spin setting possible and even then I found it to not kill you on bad strikes. The fitter is even going to let me come back when the get more weights in because he said its possible to add a 3rd moving weight in the M5 and felt it would help me even more. I ended up in a 44in shaft and was producing constant 1.49 and even 1.5 smash factors vs my TS3.

Overall great club all around, I got along with the M5 much more than the M3

I can't wait to get over and hit the M5. Heard so much good stuff. Want to compare it to my M4.

70% of the 33 players at Torrey this week bagging one of these without a contract. That’s pretty big

I watched Rick Shiels review this morning and his ball speed was not any faster with these drivers with his swing speed. He did gain yardage and he is attributing that to the lower spin.

I didn't have the time to go through 11 pages on these but....

Guys, check out Rick Shiels review of the 2016 m2 driver. It's funny because we can all gush over this years crop of drivers, but looking at everything he has been reviewing ( M5&6, g410, subzero and F9)... The 2016 gives him more ball speed, club head speed and distance.

Rick posts his regular numbers on all his current videos and says his club head speed should be around 110 and his ball speed around 160. The new drivers have him at 111-112, ball speed 161ish. The 2016 was giving him 116 and 168 respectively.

I didn't have the time to go through 11 pages on these but....

Guys, check out Rick Shiels review of the 2016 m2 driver. It's funny because we can all gush over this years crop of drivers, but looking at everything he has been reviewing ( M5&6, g410, subzero and F9)... The 2016 gives him more ball speed, club head speed and distance.

Rick posts his regular numbers on all his current videos and says his club head speed should be around 110 and his ball speed around 160. The new drivers have him at 111-112, ball speed 161ish. The 2016 was giving him 116 and 168 respectively.
You are comparing swings from two years ago. I was slower a few years back at 50 than I was now at 54 and it wasnt equipment but it was my swing.

Now if he dug one out today and everything was faster.. then that's something else entirely.

You are comparing swings from two years ago. I was slower a few years back at 50 than I was now at 54 and it wasnt equipment but it was my swing.

Now if he dug one out today and everything was faster.. then that's something else entirely.

I think you're right. In 2016 he had a swing speed of 116mph. He clearly made changes to his swing so I can see why people would be confused by the numbers. I'd love to see him do a video with the m2, m3, and m5 side-by-side to see if there is a difference.

I think you're right. In 2016 he had a swing speed of 116mph. He clearly made changes to his swing so I can see why people would be confused by the numbers. I'd love to see him do a video with the m2, m3, and m5 side-by-side to see if there is a difference.

Go to his M5/M6 review at the 7:20 mark. He compares both drivers to last year's M3 and M4. He didn't see any significant ball speed differences between M5/M6 vs M3/M4, he only saw more distance because M5/M6 launched higher and spun lower than last year's drivers.

Go to his M5/M6 review at the 7:20 mark. He compares both drivers to last year's M3 and M4. He didn't see any significant ball speed differences between M5/M6 vs M3/M4, he only saw more distance because M5/M6 launched higher and spun lower than last year's drivers.
Was referring to Ty's comment on the 2016 m2 having 168mph ball speed and the m3/m5 having 161mph and why that might be the case.

I hit both the M5 and M6 this past Saturday @ Club Champion. I was curious to see what the improvements would be coming out of my M4. Being an M2 and M4 player in the past, I just assumed I would be going into the M6....

First off, the M6 was absolutely horrendous in my hands. It was nothing but left, Left and more LEFT.

The M5 was/is in a different universe than the M6 in my hands. Did I see added ball speed? Yes. Did I see monumental changes in ball speed? No. Did I see improved ball speed consistency across all strikes? Absolutely! The money setting for me in the M5 was with both weights fully into the toe on the track. For those of you who think Twist Face is JUST marketing, you're wrong. My miss towards the toe isn't nearly as bad as with previous drivers. It doesn't want to dive left nearly has hard, but instead kind of hangs on its starting line of flight with a slight draw. No, it doesn't go as far as a centered strike, but it sure does help in keeping the way left shot stay away and stay in play.

Overall, what I saw with the M5 was a little more ball speed (anywhere between 0.7 to 1.1mph), higher launch, lower spin and a tighter dispersion. Balls struck lower on the face impressed me, too. Didn't seem to lose as much ball speed as prior drivers. I wonder if the injected resin has any impact on that?

The M5 brought better small tweaks and fine tuning of my tee balls. That's all you should expect year to year, not some sort of revelation.....unless you're gaming an older model driver.

anybody read will peoples' pga show recap that he sent out today? he has been testing the tm m5/m6 heads and is not sold on their claims of testing individual heads.

anybody read will peoples' pga show recap that he sent out today? he has been testing the tm m5/m6 heads and is not sold on their claims of testing individual heads.
I was waiting for that to surface from somewhere.
Theres just no way I believe that every head is individually checked, be it with an algorithm or anything else.

I was waiting for that to surface from somewhere.
Theres just no way I believe that every head is individually checked, be it with an algorithm or anything else.

you have to take it with a grain of salt. on one hand, is taylormade just blowing smoke to try to sell clubs? on the other, will is in the business of selling tour heads. who you believe is up to you (personally, i believe will).

A question that keeps coming up this year, is why get a tour head if Taylormade is calibrating every head to the max CT? The reason is the same as it’s always been, with tour heads you know what your getting. In the first few batches of tour heads we have been extremely surprised by their specs, most notably the CT. Based on Taylormade’s claim we were expecting these heads to be at the max CT, when in fact they are averaging a lower CT than previous years. Were not sure why but we expect retail heads to be the same. Based on what we have seen it appears as if this is more marketing than anything else. With the tour heads you at least know the specs of the club you are receiving and the face CT in 3 different locations. Whereas with retail you still never know what your getting, it might be a bomber but more likely than not the specs will be all over the place.

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

My M5 with 6.0 Smoke shaft showed up today a few days earlier than expected. Can’t wait to try it out.

49c55504057d5a491249126e4d22ad43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My M5 with 6.0 Smoke shaft showed up today a few days earlier than expected. Can’t wait to try it out.

49c55504057d5a491249126e4d22ad43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So out driving me by 50+ yards with the Rogue isn't good enough for ya?

Back