TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

My M5 with 6.0 Smoke shaft showed up today a few days earlier than expected. Can’t wait to try it out.

49c55504057d5a491249126e4d22ad43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombs away! Hope it works great for you brotha!

M5 is such a great head. I am so looking forward to having another go with it, and with the tour head. I expect that head to be in my top three this year based on what I experienced at the Kingdom.

That thing was a ball speed producing machine.

M5 is such a great head. I am so looking forward to having another go with it, and with the tour head. I expect that head to be in my top three this year based on what I experienced at the Kingdom.

That thing was a ball speed producing machine.

What did you notice on mishits? I was impressed with how good off center and/or lower strikes still maintained speed. That was my main takeaway, the consistency of ball speeds all across the face on all types of strikes.

I can't wait for this crappy Midwest Siberian weather to go away so I can get my M5 on the course! ....and then paired with he new TP5x, oh boy!!!

What did you notice on mishits? I was impressed with how good off center and/or lower strikes still maintained speed. That was my main takeaway, the consistency of ball speeds all across the face on all types of strikes.

I can't wait for this crappy Midwest Siberian weather to go away so I can get my M5 on the course! ....and then paired with he new TP5x, oh boy!!!

I didn't have full visual access to the launch monitor data, but I was have a really hard time hitting BAD shots with the M5 and M5 tour. Anything that was a pull was coming back to center and anything that I thought I was fanning really wasn't going offline all that much. That's why I am so excited to get my hands on it again.

Wow, the M5 Tour is backordered to March 1 on TM's website. Looks like the popular choice this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was waiting for that to surface from somewhere.
Theres just no way I believe that every head is individually checked, be it with an algorithm or anything else.

anybody read will peoples' pga show recap that he sent out today? he has been testing the tm m5/m6 heads and is not sold on their claims of testing individual heads.

I was a little late in one of the Live PGA streams, but wanted to hear Mr Vrska's explanation of it. Just doesn't seem feasible to me. Had posted this earlier in here too. I'm pretty confused by the tech & its implementation.

For me, this is the best looking crown out of all the 2019 drivers. Looks stunning in pics, and I'm sure I'll get to see it in hand next month when new product finally makes its way down here.

I'm glad there's a THP event with TM this year because for me, the implementation of their face tech needs a little more explanation. I'm glad TM is focusing on making their faces faster - last year I played a handful of rounds with the '17 M1 and was getting good launch, flight, and great consistency, but it was just not fast.

Where I get lost with this is - how is the amount of "Slow foam" being regulated per head? Are we to believe each head is being tested in every spot on it and then their formula is being added to specific parts behind each face? That seems incredibly hard to implement.

I get Cobra's message of machine CNC milling to get the best tolerances possible. I also get AI running iteration after iteration trying to get optimal ball speeds across the biggest portion of the face. Again, I'm sure clarification is coming. Right now that's the reason I'm not excited with the tech.

Wow, the M5 Tour is backordered to March 1 on TM's website. Looks like the popular choice this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s not technically backorded. They had planned for that date and they actually didn’t get the first four head into the kingdom until right around the embargo dates on the release.

It’s not technically backorded. They had planned for that date and they actually didn’t get the first four head into the kingdom until right around the embargo dates on the release.

Oh, no kidding? Someone lied to me then, haha. I pre-ordered mine last week and the guy I spoke with today said the tour model was backordered but mine should be coming in the 2/5 - 2/7 window I had when I purchased.

I'm confused. I hit the tour head at the Kingdom in late November.

I know the stock was low at the time, but it was definitely there (and awesome).

Hit the M5 and M6 for a little while today and surprising to me the M5 is a better fit. M5 is a true ponder at the moment

M4 vs M5

M4 vs M5

Hit the M5 and M6 for a little while today and surprising to me the M5 is a better fit. M5 is a true ponder at the moment

Just curious. I am currently and M4 driver user. How would you compare the M4 to the M5 even though you had limited time with the M5? Does it actually sound better than the M4 like they claim? I hope so. The M4 has performed well for me all alst year but it's just too loud IMHO.

Just curious. I am currently and M4 driver user. How would you compare the M4 to the M5 even though you had limited time with the M5? Does it actually sound better than the M4 like they claim? I hope so. The M4 has performed well for me all alst year but it's just too loud IMHO.

I really enjoyed the M4 last year and I feel the M5 does sound better. I picked up about 3 to 4 mph of ball speed as well. It might just be me but I prefer the look of the M5 at address compared to the M4. The M4 might be a little more forgiving but not by much in my opinion. As much as I like the M4 I would not hesitate to move onto the M5

0279207310b2acfc98218acb1327de92.jpg

These were my numbers today with a stock stiff shaft with the M6. Honestly I’m shocked. Does anyone feel like one or more of these numbers look off somewhere? It wasn’t just one shot, the club head speed seemed pretty consistent but did you guys find the M6 to be an extremely hot face?

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

0279207310b2acfc98218acb1327de92.jpg

These were my numbers today with a stock stiff shaft with the M6. Honestly I’m shocked. Does anyone feel like one or more of these numbers look off somewhere? It wasn’t just one shot, the club head speed seemed pretty consistent but did you guys find the M6 to be an extremely hot face?

All of them? Or did you increase your swing speed by about 10mph or so? Then add in hitting it 150 ft in the air with tons of that much combined spin and I would tell them to fix their software

That monitor looks super broken to me. Trackman optimal numbers at 120mph swing speed are 296 carry with 2900 spin. That drops to 281 carry with 3450 spin (assuming striking down at the ball). All of them have ball speed in the upper 170s.

I know it's an imperfect argument, but I can't fathom what it would take to carry the ball 340 with 4k spin.

All of them? Or did you increase your swing speed by about 10mph or so? Then add in hitting it 150 ft in the air with tons of that much combined spin and I would tell them to fix their software

Haha yea I mean, I know generally what my swing speed is and this just didn’t seem right. I asked the guy at Dicks about the software and he said it was JUST calibrated. Not sure I’m believing that but I suppose it’s fun to see the numbers anyways

That monitor looks super broken to me. Trackman optimal numbers at 120mph swing speed are 296 carry with 2900 spin. That drops to 281 carry with 3450 spin (assuming striking down at the ball). All of them have ball speed in the upper 170s.

I know it's an imperfect argument, but I can't fathom what it would take to carry the ball 340 with 4k spin.

Yea check this one out. Same monitor but my one of “worst” shots of the series....

1fc869faa2c8dfe9a6e4024b6cdee108.jpg

Haha yea I mean, I know generally what my swing speed is and this just didn’t seem right. I asked the guy at Dicks about the software and he said it was JUST calibrated. Not sure I’m believing that but I suppose it’s fun to see the numbers anyways

I think you should explain what calibrated means next time you see him.

Or maybe screwed autocorrected to calibrated.

does "calibrated" mean "trying to inflate driver numbers" for customers?

That is a big nasty yikes.

Yea I’m not sure exactly what was going on. Maybe it was calibrated and it’s just not accurate software. Or maybe it’s just set for the WGC Mexico driving range lol

Those must be the carry #'s for really high altitude. I wonder if the monitor was "calibrated" to Mexico City settings? lol

Yea I’m not sure exactly what was going on. Maybe it was calibrated and it’s just not accurate software. Or maybe it’s just set for the WGC Mexico driving range lol

Are you up to 119 swing speed now? If so, that's awesome!! I could believe it.

If not, there's a lot more going on with that machine than poor calibration.

trajectoware puts it around 250-255 carry with just under 30 yards of pull draw at sea level

Are you up to 119 swing speed now? If so, that's awesome!! I could believe it.

If not, there's a lot more going on with that machine than poor calibration.

Honestly could be possible. Been working on a few things in my swing. One piece takeaway, etc and it seems** to be helping increase swing speed. honestly though, with the faulty numbers on that monitor, I’m not gonna take the SS # as truth just yet.

Back