TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

Good Info

Good Info

I really enjoyed the M4 last year and I feel the M5 does sound better. I picked up about 3 to 4 mph of ball speed as well. It might just be me but I prefer the look of the M5 at address compared to the M4. The M4 might be a little more forgiving but not by much in my opinion. As much as I like the M4 I would not hesitate to move onto the M5

Thanks. Good info.

Curious.....where did you place the 2 weights during your testing?
Both the M5 and M6 drivers are not cheap. But it seems like the M5 might be a better bargain at $50 more just to get the adjustability.
If the M5 in just slightly less forgiving than the M4, I'm fine with that. As a matter of fact I bagged the SLDR for years and I got along with it OK even though it was definitely not forgiving.

Thanks. Good info.

Both the M5 and M6 drivers are not cheap. But it seems like the M5 might be a better bargain at $50 more just to get the adjustability.
If the M5 in just slightly less forgiving than the M4, I'm fine with that. As a matter of fact I bagged the SLDR for years and I got along with it OK even though it was definitely not forgiving.

Just because of possibly being a 'better bargain' and having the adjustability shouldn't sell you on the M5. If possible, I would suggest hitting them both and take the one that gives you the best/most consistent numbers.

For example, I had the original M1. Just figured it was the better option. A few months later, I did a head to head with the M2 and the M2 was way better. Then I compared my M2 against the 2017 M1/M2, still kept my original M2. When I compared my 2016 M2 against the M3/M4, the M3 was terrible for me and the M4 was the better option and beat out the M2. Now, just last week, compared my M4 against the M5/M6. I just figured, being an M2 and M4 guy in the past, that I would be an M6 guy. Nope. Wrong. Way wrong. The M6 was horrific for me, but the M5 was incredible and is now in my bag.

We can say now that the THP Event with Taylormade will feature metal woods for everybody and a whole lot of awesome golf.

Oh yeah and a few surprises too.

That’s pretty fun.

Thanks. Good info.

I didn’t even play around with the weights. Next time I hit it I will make sure I have a little more time and dial it in even more.

The $50 extra for the adjustability really wouldn’t sway my decision one way or the other. If the M6 fit me better than the M5 then I’m putting that $50 in my pocket in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can say now that the THP Event with Taylormade will feature metal woods for everybody and a whole lot of awesome golf.

Oh yeah and a few surprises too.

Well this is big news.

Try Both

Try Both

Just because of possibly being a 'better bargain' and having the adjustability shouldn't sell you on the M5. If possible, I would suggest hitting them both and take the one that gives you the best/most consistent numbers.

For example, I had the original M1. Just figured it was the better option. A few months later, I did a head to head with the M2 and the M2 was way better. Then I compared my M2 against the 2017 M1/M2, still kept my original M2. When I compared my 2016 M2 against the M3/M4, the M3 was terrible for me and the M4 was the better option and beat out the M2. Now, just last week, compared my M4 against the M5/M6. I just figured, being an M2 and M4 guy in the past, that I would be an M6 guy. Nope. Wrong. Way wrong. The M6 was horrific for me, but the M5 was incredible and is now in my bag.

You're right. I need to hit both and compare both to my current M4.

Saw the M6 in the wild yesterday, and maaaaaaaan in hand it reminds me shape wise of the F9. I should’ve taken a pic.

Saw the M6 in the wild yesterday, and maaaaaaaan in hand it reminds me shape wise of the F9. I should’ve taken a pic.

In looking at the sole both have the junk in the trunk look similar to the Adams a4
e9d2bdf1d63a773f0ba379fc97653b11.jpg

In looking at the sole both have the junk in the trunk look similar to the Adams a4
e9d2bdf1d63a773f0ba379fc97653b11.jpg

9015D might still be the longest driver I have ever hit.

0279207310b2acfc98218acb1327de92.jpg

These were my numbers today with a stock stiff shaft with the M6. Honestly I’m shocked. Does anyone feel like one or more of these numbers look off somewhere? It wasn’t just one shot, the club head speed seemed pretty consistent but did you guys find the M6 to be an extremely hot face?

Not only off, but impossible. Hahahaha

6d859515ccc9367ed51bc1a08291e5bd.jpg

My hero! Even if it is backwards!

It’s a good stick for sure but M5 is getting first crack

Saw all the new gear in hand yesterday and I agree. I think the crown looks way better than the F9 tho, although the matte F9 crown wasn’t too bad.

Saw all the new gear in hand yesterday and I agree. I think the crown looks way better than the F9 tho, although the matte F9 crown wasn’t too bad.

I’m on the other end there, I think the F9 crown is better, but, I also think this M series crown isn’t as good as the M4/M5

I just saw this in hand today, and I was super impressed. Love the look and shape of the crown

Not only off, but impossible. Hahahaha

My thoughts exactly as Dan and JB mentioned as well. I’m thinking it may have been set to a very high altitude. Whether or not the dicks employee knew that or not is yet to be determined. He seemed like a genuine guy and didn’t really push for me to buy anything.

My thoughts exactly as Dan and JB mentioned as well. I’m thinking it may have been set to a very high altitude. Whether or not the dicks employee knew that or not is yet to be determined. He seemed like a genuine guy and didn’t really push for me to buy anything.

Haha, yep, the settings on those things always crack me up.

Haha, yep, the settings on those things always crack me up.

Either way, I’m showing all my golf buddies these numbers

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

You, in love with a smaller cc head? I’m shocked. :alien:

The crowns are so clean. I prefer the F9, but the TM this year might be #3 for me on the heap of drivers for address looks, and that’s pretty damn good.

Last edited:
tested the m5 today (fitter did not want to give me m6 for some reason). and only with heavy weights forward. the first drive was roasted. 104 ss, carry around 260 and smash was 1.50 iirc.

but then i struggled with every other swing. and i really didn’t like the sound of this. it felt very firm, almost harsh. no doubt i was swinging it fast by my standards, and i think i might be able to find a better combo. but after the m3 was such a struggle, this didn’t cut the mustard. but the fairway.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DJ put the M6 in play and won the first time out. Between this, F9 and Flash it seems like a winning party as of late.

Back