TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

460c396549d09fd69b9ea6cffcad3961.jpg

Typically I have about 80 yards into this green....this is from about 40. M6 is a nice stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, that’s bombed.

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

c4c131aecccc37278d1b47489bc3d95e.jpg
A chance to shoot my lowest round ever......again.

Edit: nope....par on 18. Missed the green and had to chip in for it.

Um, that’s bombed.

The AD IZ shaft was fantastic in the M6 head for me. I was hitting it just as far as the Proj X Hzdus black combo.
Cant wait for mine to show up. Should be here Thursday, just prior to the club championship qualifier.

Got out again Saturday, and was able to give the M6/GD BB6 pairing a workout.

It's been said in this thread, and by me a bunch, but damn what a great club.

Only missed 2 Fairways on the day. I guess there was a reason I was fit into the GD at Club Champion. The BB6 is light years ahead of the Evenflow in how it loads, feels, stability, and responsiveness. And in my hands, the pairing just feels so right, with ball flight remaining how I like it.

I am honestly still surprised that the TM is so good (for me), coming from the G400max, which I thought would never leave the bag when I bought it.

Side note:

Had the swing weight measured at D6 with all the lead tape I put on, added 2 More grams to get it to D7 where I like . Which means the club was at about D1 when I received it. That is bonkers light. I'm not saying I had the best game the weekend of the event, but that explains a lot to me, of why my tee game was trash.

I have been gaming the Cobra F9 Speedback 10.5 with the Atmos 6R shaft for a couple months. I just was not very consistent with it. I realize its the Indian not the arrow but I also use the Taylormade Original Mini Driver 13.5(lofted down 12*) with the MCA DIAMANA F LIMITED Stiff and hit that club very well. I wanted a little more distance so I try out the M6 with an Atmos Orange Shaft. I was a little disappointed with the shaft. The ball flight was too high and I actually hit the Mini further. Back to the store we go and after trying several combos with the M6, the fitter says give the M5 a go. Bada Bing! Wow, very nice! Ended up going with the MITSUBISHI TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 Stiff.
What surprised me the most was that the M5 was not really on my radar. I watched lots of reviews and read a bunch here and had my self convinced that the M6 would be a better choice. Looking forward to getting it on the course!

I’m fully willing to say M6 > M5 for me now after 7 rounds on the new stick.

It’s strange, but I felt like with time the M5 was getting shorter for me, I do think a lot of it was spin numbers from the 10.5 head compared to the 9 head of the Flash and now the M6. Regardless, it’s been a big jump. Talking 5 mph on average on GC2 ball speed wise.

I’m also finding it a bit more forgiving, but not the drastic jump some might expect.

I’ll add, the Ventus combo is pretty freaking sick.

I am going to take a closer look at my M5 head tonight though because something doesn’t add up there, it was dropped once and I’m wondering if I potentially damaged something. Either way, the M6 is in the bag now.

It’s strange, but I felt like with time the M5 was getting shorter for me, I do think a lot of it was spin numbers from the 10.5 head compared to the 9 head of the Flash and now the M6. Regardless, it’s been a big jump. Talking 5 mph on average on GC2 ball speed wise.

I’m also finding it a bit more forgiving, but not the drastic jump some might expect.

I am going to take a closer look at my M5 head tonight though because something doesn’t add up there, it was dropped once and I’m wondering if I potentially damaged something. Either way, the M6 is in the bag now.

#calledit

Digging the M5 since I tinkered with the settings a bit - upright lie and heavily weighted in the heel. Straight slight fade flight with plenty of distance. I do want to go back to more neutral settings at some point to see if it’s been the change in settings or swing improvements that have allowed me to get rid of the weak high fade I had been seeing previously.

Just to be sure I really think u need to pick up a 9* tour head to throw into the mix. I am really loving mine with the tz6, long (for me) & most importantly straight. The only other shaft that I would like to get my hands on is the Ventus but not sure I want to mess with a good thing right now

Played 9 this morning and it was the first time with the M5 in the bag. Hit 4/5 fairways with the longest being 245 yds. That is very good for me, SS is 95mph. Very nice ball flight with a slight fade. The course I played is a little soft so not much roll in the fairways.
After watching a couple video's about set up of the M5 I went with the weights in the back ,spread wide, standard setting 10.5*. I really did like the feel at impact .

m6 is an awesome driver. There are times I wish I went with that instead...ill say about the m5 tho its crucial to get those weights in the correct position. I've seen 4mph differences on avg moving them around. As someone who plays a fade I actually found 1 weight in the toe, other all the way up gave me the best speed and consistency

but m6 is surprisingly low spin as well. cant go wrong either way

Finally received my M6! Don’t have to use my buddies now...lol

Hammered the horse shite out of the M6 again this morning. This one goes toe to toe with my Flash for distance, speed, and accuracy...and that makes me a happy boy.

Hammered the horse shite out of the M6 again this morning. This one goes toe to toe with my Flash for distance, speed, and accuracy...and that makes me a happy boy.
M6 is a dark horse. I rarely hear it brought up in conversations.

Also, played again yesterday, still loving mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

M6 is a dark horse. I rarely hear it brought up in conversations.

Also, played again yesterday, still loving mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure what about the profile is performing better for me. But, the data isn’t lying.

Also makes me want to take a closer look at my M5 though and make sure I didn’t damage it somehow.

I spent some time with the M5 and the Ping G410 yesterday and I was surprised at how much better the M5 performed. All I have heard is how good the Ping is. I had better(barely) ball speed numbers with the Ping but the spin was significantly higher. Trailed by 15'yards.

I love the look sound and performance of the M5. Thinking I will wait until next year to upgrade the driver.

Not sure what about the profile is performing better for me. But, the data isn’t lying.

Also makes me want to take a closer look at my M5 though and make sure I didn’t damage it somehow.

Lets hope not, I went and played 18 today and the M5 was still the star of my game. windy here this morning and still out droive most in the group. Playing the TP5 didn't hurt either..that combeo is awesome for me. 3 birds but also a couple of doubles, looking at the births open today...i could have fit right in

I hit the M6/Ventus combo so good today it was worth coming in here and gushing over.

Excited to travel with it this weekend.

I recently subbed in the M5 for my TS3. I prefer the Titleist at address and the face feels hotter but I am squeezing a few more yards out of the M5 with the same shaft. Going to stick with the M5 for a while and see how it goes.

The more i play the M5, the more i need to put my SLDR on Ebay......

Had the M5 out for a couple rounds on my home course. Distance and dispersion were pretty much identical to my TS3 but I just far prefer the way the TS3 sets up behind the ball, so my M5 experiment is over. Loved the sound though.

My experiment with the M5 vs M3 has finally ended. M5 just didn't perform as well for me as the M3 does and honestly I just like the looks of the M3 better. M5 is certainly a very good head but in this instance I'm sticking with M3. Eager to see what TM does with the next release.

After using the m5 tour a handful of times since the event I think I can give my thoughts. First off this is one of if not the best sounding/looking driver I have ever used...& I have had my share over the last few years. I am finding that I am not as consistent with this head as I have been with previous drivers, at times i wish I would have gotten the regular or m6 head but have always gravitated to smaller looking ones. There have been rounds I that it seems like I can’t miss, & others I just don’t know where it’s going. That is not the drivers fault at all & is on me, I have put an Accra tz6 in play which has been good but not great. Think it’s time to find a Ventus or possibly a tz5 to test. I think over winter I may look for a 460 head or possibly an m6. May have to send the m6 to Jman to add some weight to the head if I go that route. Anyway this head is staying in play for the rest of this year & hope my driver swing turns around because this is a fun driver to hit when swinging well.

After using the m5 tour a handful of times since the event I think I can give my thoughts. First off this is one of if not the best sounding/looking driver I have ever used...& I have had my share over the last few years. I am finding that I am not as consistent with this head as I have been with previous drivers, at times i wish I would have gotten the regular or m6 head but have always gravitated to smaller looking ones. There have been rounds I that it seems like I can’t miss, & others I just don’t know where it’s going. That is not the drivers fault at all & is on me, I have put an Accra tz6 in play which has been good but not great. Think it’s time to find a Ventus or possibly a tz5 to test. I think over winter I may look for a 460 head or possibly an m6. May have to send the m6 to Jman to add some weight to the head if I go that route. Anyway this head is staying in play for the rest of this year & hope my driver swing turns around because this is a fun driver to hit when swinging well.

The M5 Tour has given me the very best numbers and performance of anything I have tried this year, but the swing has to be on.

Back