TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

The M5 Tour has given me the very best numbers and performance of anything I have tried this year, but the swing has to be on.

You are 100% correct, it is definitely my swing this year. My 3 previous drivers have been the Callaway 816 dbd, m1 440 and ping g400 lst. I am going to blame it on the lack of getting out this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are 100% correct, it is definitely my swing this year. My 3 previous drivers have been the Callaway 816 dbd, m1 440 and ping g400 lst. I am going to blame it on the lack of getting out this year!

WELL, You did have snow in June.....you were in Alabama, but still, when you got home...

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

WELL, You did have snow in June.....you were in Alabama, but still, when you got home...

That is true, had a good night with the driver tonight. Had a few comments on how great it looks as well as how awesome it sounds. I golfed with a couple guys I haven’t golfed with this year & they were amazed at how I ended up with the club & that I actually went to Alabama not knowing anyone.

Still smashing mine (for me). My fitter at CC e-mailed me and asked if there was anything I wanted to fit, on the house... Told him I wanted numbers on the m6, and a few diff balls. Stoked to see difference between Evenflow Black and GDBB6.

Anecdotally, the BB6 is light years ahead. We'll see.

I may also hit the F9, and ST190 as they were not available during my initial fitting. Just to see what the hype is about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have finally found the groove with mine, the tz6 is hands down better for me than the Evenflow black but that still didn’t stop me from tracking down a Ventus. My shaft collection is starting to get out of hand. Shot my season best 75 with a double on 18, driver had a huge part in my score.

Tipped up the Rogue 130 for the M6. Not gonna mess with it just yet, but have it ready now.

I am loving the M5! I was really struggling with my swing around the TM event and then life got absolutely nuts the week I got back (lets just say I got blindsided by some business stuff that out me in scramble mode) and, as a result, I really didn't get to spend much time with it. I went back to some basics and am absolutely loving this driver now. I will say it is more of a players head in that you don't want to stray too far from center or else it will sort of punish you. I say "sort of" because the twist face and injected tech will still get you some decent results for a bad swing, but it wont be a pretty shot and the feedback is not going to be fun. But I am enjoying the adjustability and slight tweaks to the weights do seem to make a difference to flight and spin. Mine is pretty optimal now. I am testing the LAGP Proto shaft in this head and will be able to get some launch numbers next week. I will try to capture some of the off center hits and compare them to the center strikes.

Anyone hear of a new line in near future? Stopped by my course to get in some short game work this eve and saw where they had marked down all the remaining m5 m6 metal wood stock. $100 off drivers, $50 off fww and hybrids.

edit----

Oh all the Spider putters too, I think those were $75 off

Last edited:
I heart M6.

Played a new course yesterday with some of my kids (former and current) from 7200 and this one was MOOOOOOOOOOOONEY for me all day long....well...at least until 17 and 18 when I was just flat out arm swinging everything.

Regardless, 9.0 loft with the LIN-Q Blue 77 F5 has been pretty killer for me.

Last session out averages over 14 shots on the Foresight GC2 with misses and center strikes alike left in:

157.9 Ball Speed (163 peak), 13.0 Launch, 2521 RPM (3182 High, 1728 Low), 36Y Peak (42 High, 20 Low), 265 Carry Avg (288 High, 248 Low)

I have to say these drivers are showing up all over the place.

Monday: All three other members of the group I was paired up with gamed the M5. Including fairway woods and one also had M3 irons
Tuesday: the two guys I caught and finished with gamed a M5 and M6.
Tonight: My partner (I sub) and the two people we played against all gamed the M5 or M6. The opponents both gamed fairway woods and one played P790 and the other played M3 irons.

Evidently there is something in the water up here.

I have played the M5 since i came back from Grand National in June, it just keeps getting better and better. I set it up like i was set up at my fitting, couldn't do that until i returned and got a new grip on it. Since then i have hot more fairways than ever before. I can aim down the left and fade it, down the right and straight down the middle. Seems like my putting is falling off, but spending considerable time with the putter in the evenings to see what's up for 18 this Saturday......

I agree with Donny, the m5 tour has been very good for me & seems to get better the more I play it. When I swing normal I am getting a nice little fade that is consistent, currently using an Accra tz6 but have a Ventus on its way. Bought new so that I know itÂ’s not going to b tipped like the last one I received. Hoping to have it next week & will update after a couple of rounds.

Edit: forgot to mention I did sell my G400 lst which I loved. I didn’t want to b jumping back & forth if I had a bad driving day. Sometimes miss it but for the most part happy with my decision

Last edited:
To chime in with Donny and Mike... when I got home from the TM event, I didn't think the M5 would be able to unseat the Epic Flash SZ from the bag, but whenever I play a round, this is the driver I reach for. The ball speed and spin are the best combo for me as long as I am swinging decent, and the mishits are plenty acceptable. I still love the Epic Flash too much to give it up, but for now, I am really, really liking the M5. I think the Epic Flash was easier to pick up and have success with right away, whereas the M5 required time to get the settings just right... but all that versatility/adjustability allows for this driver to be truly special. Final comparison note between the Epic Flash SZ and the M5: I find the EF to be more forgiving when I stray further from the center, but the M5 isn't horrible in that category either.

Good To hear, I picked up some extra weights and I actually have 3 on the driver. My miss was always a snap hook and with the fitting set up, I have eliminated the left side all together. My shot now is a straight bullet. I can turn it over on a draw if i want, and I can also fade it if i want, Left to right was always hard for me. I love this club...

donny475;n8894352 said:
Good To hear, I picked up some extra weights and I actually have 3 on the driver. My miss was always a snap hook and with the fitting set up, I have eliminated the left side all together. My shot now is a straight bullet. I can turn it over on a draw if i want, and I can also fade it if i want, Left to right was always hard for me. I love this club...

Oh my. This is an interesting comment. I've fought the snap hook and the "I"m afraid of the left and block it right" for over two years now. This is something to think about...

Tee/Ski;n8894372 said:
Oh my. This is an interesting comment. I've fought the snap hook and the "I"m afraid of the left and block it right" for over two years now. This is something to think about...

I have definitely found it to be fade-biased.

Tee/Ski;n8894372 said:

Taking the time to move the weights, change the bias of the club and using the same swing you are comfortable with and continue to adjust, maybe add some weight or another weight to achieve the desired results.....priceless. I was a lead tape guy from the old school....no tape, hitting' fairways; consistantly

Really enjoying the M6. Just a solid driver for me. The thuddy feel grew on me. I have nothing bad to say about the driver, it’s fantastic.

As much as I like my m5 tour I really would like to try the m6. As for the adjustability of the m5 I have found that the stock set up works best for me. One weight up front & one at the back is the center track.

MH;n8894792 said:
As much as I like my m5 tour I really would like to try the m6. As for the adjustability of the m5 I have found that the stock set up works best for me. One weight up front & one at the back is the center track.

You can try mine, since we'll be seeing each other soon.

Reactions: MH
Vader;n8903035 said:
You can try mine, since we'll be seeing each other soon.

Sounds good, looking forward to the little reunion!

After 3 months playing with the Hogan driver I switched back to the M5. Put the LinQ shaft in it and wow did this come even more alive. The M5 was always a good driver for me, but the combo of the LinQ and Hogan was too good to switch..
I prefer the look and feel of the M5 so after swapping shafts, WOW! Missed only 5 fairways, but 3 of them were within 2 yards of fairway

e17ff787812b71f0f15a812c977c39da.jpg

Well pretty sure tonight was my last round of the season. Snow in the forecast over the weekend & hockey is in full swing. The m5 tour driver has been great for me this year & if I can keep from getting bored over the long winter it will most likely be in the bag to start 2020. I’m not going to say it has been better than my G400 lst but it was equal which is saying a lot because I loved that driver. The Ventus has paired well in this head for me but may look getting the Mitsubishi ZF at some point to test out over winter.

Well, the season is wrapping up here, so I thought I would download my thoughts, after gaming this driver for almost an entire season.

TL;DR - It's awesome.

After receiving the driver at the #injectedspeed event, I got it home and tweaked it out to fit me better.

First was swapping out the Evenflow Black, for the GD BB6 from my G400Max (Don't worry @JB I wouldn't order a $400 shaft for an event (y))

Also, I added 10g of lead tape to bring the swing weight up to D7.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This driver has been straight money for me. I have zero plans to swap it out, and it will likely stay in the bag as long as my RBZ stage 2 did, and the 905R I gamed before that.

It's basically point and shoot. Is it the longest? Probably not, when put up to G410 or epic flash. but I'll take middle of the fairway, and slightly shorter 10/10.

Sound - I love it. Some don't really like the thwack of a mostly composite driver, but it just hits me in the right spot.

Feel - I'd classify the feel as a soft firm. Not squishy like maybe the ST190 or TS line. Very easy to know where on the face the strike occurred. (Obviously, the shaft plays a role in this)

Overall, very happy, and will continue to game.

Hmm I posted September 26th that I thought the m5 would start in the bag next season & think I bought a ping g410 lst a couple of days after that. Also bought the diamana zf for it. Thanks for bumping this thread @Vader, wish I could stick with one club as long as u

Back