TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Spoiler...

It’s a damn cannon.

Hope it launches easily for me, as you’ve mentioned in your posts. I have the Epic Flash SZ 5 wood and so far it hasn’t wowed me. If this does the trick, I may sell off the SZ. I also have different shafts to try out in the M5, so gives me a bit more options to tinker with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this smaller than the m6 like the m3 to m4? If it was bigger, that would be perfect for me.

Is this smaller than the m6 like the m3 to m4? If it was bigger, that would be perfect for me.

Yes, the 5 is smaller footprint than the 6.

BTW this club is a freaking rocket launcher.

Yes, the 5 is smaller footprint than the 6.

Thank you for that. I think I'm going to get the ladies 3 wood with 16.5 and put a different shaft in it.

It’s criminally under talked about.

honest question to keep discussion going: do you think that is because of the lack of marketing behind it or because simply haven't given it a fair shot?

honest question to keep discussion going: do you think that is because of the lack of marketing behind it or because simply haven't given it a fair shot?

I think mostly the lack of fair shot.

Fwiw, it has buzz, just not here like it has in other places.

Just hit mine and it seems pretty good after an VERY small sample size. I underestimated how cold and windy it was at the range and had to leave. I think I hit enough of them to decide to unload the Epic flash SZ 5 wood I have.

I will say, if it’s anything like OG M2 fwy or M2 tour fwy then you know it’s freaking

I kind of want one.

i might be looking to dump the m6 3w i bought. i need a few rounds with it to decide first.

Could be the price tag that scares folks away...?

It’s competitively priced to flash and Ts

2 big OEMs outfitted a whole bunch of THPers with shiny new fairways (and more) recently

I'm sure the buzz will come in a few months here with the M fairways

For the M5, I definitely think that’s part of it.

Have i said how much I love these Fw’s?!?!?!

finally got some data on the 5w and compared to the 3w.. these clubs are monsters! The GD AD IZ shaft is incredible in these heads. The launch numbers look low but this shaft seems to steadily make the ball go higher and higher yet penetrating

86503876-CDCA-43A4-8533-A1750A5AF577.jpeg

Any comparisons of the M5 to the 2016 M2 or 2017 M1?

M6 3 wood

M6 3 wood

Have i said how much I love these Fw’s?!?!?!

finally got some data on the 5w and compared to the 3w.. these clubs are monsters! The GD AD IZ shaft is incredible in these heads. The launch numbers look low but this shaft seems to steadily make the ball go higher and higher yet penetrating

View attachment 38455

Totally agree. I purchased TM M6 with the stock Fuji shaft and just got back from the range. Wow! I was killing this M6 3 wood off the turf. I rarely have been able to hit a 15* 3 wood off the turf with any consistency. Yep...a couple bad swings but overall the M6 3 wood is a monster. I thought the M4 was a good fairway wood but the M6 blows it out of the water.
Will now consider a couple M6 hybrids.

Totally agree. I purchased TM M6 with the stock Fuji shaft and just got back from the range. Wow! I was killing this M6 3 wood off the turf. I rarely have been able to hit a 15* 3 wood off the turf with any consistency. Yep...a couple bad swings but overall the M6 3 wood is a monster. I thought the M4 was a good fairway wood but the M6 blows it out of the water.
Will now consider a couple M6 hybrids.

I know a guy with a 19 hybo that just didn’t work out.

Just saying...

Back