TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Dibs on the m5 head if the m6 beats it!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Well look what showed up....

Big thanks to TM and THP for this one, fun win at Injected Speed!

4c02b0a944d43b967a27ad4226a66c28.jpg

84d499027f671462f16b5c600339d1fb.jpg

ed486367660cd10fd3b82458d5056e98.jpg

b40f75936e93223a73796a8425cadbd2.jpg

21ffe0ec8fdc438211146dbdbcaa4b0f.jpg

51d75c0cd36d9242f35d96920731492b.jpg
Can't wait to get the M5 in from JB. If it's anything like the driver it will be a huge game changer for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, the M6 got some shots on it yesterday and it’s exactly what I expected.

High, even in X, long, and for me seems to be the tiiiiiinyest but draw biased.

It sets up really well to the ball too.

Going to try to get out amidst all the other numbers I need to collect today and tomorrow and grab some between this, the M5, and the OG One his to hopefully get people some info, and some eyes in here too.

86f5d254e394247f60852059e4e42bc7.jpg

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

i’ve been keeping the headcover on the m6 because it’s been so bad for me. nothing but low right bleeders. but on #18 i decided to drop a second ball and take a rip from 256. it was a little higher but still not high, and still had a pronounced fade. i hit it really well though, and ended up just shy of pin high in the rough to the right of the green. there definitely some serious pop in this thing, i would just need some tweaks to get it straightened out if i was going to game it long-term.

EDIT: changed “take a crap” to “take a rip” lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
i’ve been keeping the headcover on the m6 because it’s been so bad for me. nothing but low right bleeders. but on #18 i decided to drop a second ball and take a crap from 256. it was a little higher but still not high, and still had a pronounced fade. i hit it really well though, and ended up just shy of pin high in the rough to the right of the green. there definitely some serious pop in this thing, i would just need some tweaks to get it straightened out if i was going to game it long-term.

Sry to hear your still struggling with the m6. The 3 and 5w for me are by far the best and most accurate woods I've ever hit. I know you got fit for that shaft but I wonder if maybe a new shaft is needed instead. I didnt hit the m5 well, but the m6 has been very forgiving....and LONG!

I had 258 into a par 5 and pulled out the 5w. Caught it slightly toe side and stayed very straight, little baby draw. Ended up 5 feet short of the pin

Sry to hear your still struggling with the m6. The 3 and 5w for me are by far the best and most accurate woods I've ever hit. I know you got fit for that shaft but I wonder if maybe a new shaft is needed instead. I didnt hit the m5 well, but the m6 has been very forgiving....and LONG!

I had 258 into a par 5 and pulled out the 5w. Caught it slightly toe side and stayed very straight, little baby draw. Ended up 5 feet short of the pin

the club builder (who i respect and trust, as do many around thp) said it just leads to a heavy build. if i wasn’t in the grandaddy in december, i would get this tweaked to make it work because i know the potential is there.

funny thing is, when i got fit earlier this year, i had a nasty issue not getting to my left side, and it led to a lot of slice spin. but the m6 was dead straight. now that i have the slice fixed, this m6 is the only slice club in the bag, making me think it’s a build issue.

Jman - How do you like the Accra 2.0? thinking about grabbing that for my M6. Thx!

I dig it. I wanted a little more spin for the M5 because it’s so wicked low for me, and this did that without letting the flight climb too much.

It’s a really solid offering imo, the whole FX line is.

I dig it. I wanted a little more spin for the M5 because it’s so wicked low for me, and this did that without letting the flight climb too much.

It’s a really solid offering imo, the whole FX line is.

Nice! Thanks for the feedback. I've got the rocket 3, so would prefer a little more lift and spin anyway. TZ6 is first Accra shaft I've gamed and I absolutely love it.

Been a while since I’ve posted here but still think the m6 woods are the best I’ve ever hit..I’ve had the 3w and 5w since they released and they’re the only clubs I haven’t had to think about switching out

So easy to launch, great ball speed, and very forgiving. Very versatile from anywhere. Used the 3w for 4 tee shots today and centered the fairway each time

Anyone try the D type version of the m6? I hit it and loved it and the even flow red stock shaft.

jfrigo1003;n8629551 said:
Been a while since I’ve posted here but still think the m6 woods are the best I’ve ever hit..I’ve had the 3w and 5w since they released and they’re the only clubs I haven’t had to think about switching out

So easy to launch, great ball speed, and very forgiving. Very versatile from anywhere. Used the 3w for 4 tee shots today and centered the fairway each time

I’m thinking hard about putting the M6 in the bag with this cool new shaft I have coming, but, the OG One is just sooooooo good for me.

Jman;n8877193 said:
I’m thinking hard about putting the M6 in the bag with this cool new shaft I have coming, but, the OG One is just sooooooo good for me.

I took the OG One out as soon as I put the Lin-Q in my 3w. I find reasons now to hit the 3w off the tee just to marvel at how much I love this shaft lol

....Uh oh, cool new shaft????

Just reshafted the M6 that I won at the TM event with a UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 75 F5, should be a lot of fun to give this combo a go,

I actual play the M4 3-wood with the Tensei CK blue shaft. Now I'm thinking about switching to the M6 with the Atmos Orange. Both in stiff.
Can somebody compare the feel and performance of those both shafts? My normal 3-wood club head speed is 100 mph.

I recently got an M6 Rocket 14* and took it out for 9 holes. Hit it off the first tee and point and shoot, right where I wanted it to go. The 3rd hole, I pushed it a bit but it was long enough to clear a dog leg. The 5th and 7th holes were a bit thin but right where I wanted them to go. I even hit the 150 stake on the 5th.

I can’t wait to hit this warmer weather!

I enjoyed the M6 before I caved it’s face in. :oops:

I enjoyed the M6 before I caved it’s face in. :oops:

I would prefer the face of my club to not cave in, but it happens. How long did you have it?

I would prefer the face of my club to not cave in, but it happens. How long did you have it?
Three weeks.

There is a history of this out there for the 6 with some guys at higher SS’s.

Three weeks.

There is a history of this out there for the 6 with some guys at higher SS’s.

I really hope this doesn't happen because it awesome for me! I am 6/6 hitting fairways with it.

Back