TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

This one is surprisingly launching better for me from tee and deck. Plus, though it irks some around here, I just hit the smaller looking heads better.

F85 is damn good, it’s got some depth and **** ton of ball speed, @ddec nailed that review, but this has so far been something else, and I may not even have to mess with the shaft that’s in it!

Plus, I think there’s legit merit to trust face here, as opposed to the drivers.

Agree on the ball speed! I do love my f85 setup right now but have a tendency to hit some low hooks cuz of the face angle and upright lie. So far for me the m6 seems to stay straighter and launch just slightly higher...Gonna be a hard fought battle to be in the bag this year!

shout out to will @ peoples clubs. build order is in for the m6 with atmos red 75s. gonna be filthy!

shout out to will @ peoples clubs. build order is in for the m6 with atmos red 75s. gonna be filthy!

ooo that sounds lovely

I'm so happy with the way this club looks, I ordered it sight unseen and was hesitant because I read they made it bigger cc wise then the m4 which I did not like it looked huge to me last year I really like the 16 m2 fwy size head but I think well I hope I find my unicorn

Anyway this is for people that were like me thinking the m6 was going to be too big it's actually not big at all and looks fantastic, I'm going to hit it tomorrow and I ordered the m6 driver sight unseen and in really happy with my m3 SMH such a ho,I caved
6600e1512a19b25d04211d59dca39ced.jpg
d0363ec9ff4b12aef7b42d829746c07e.jpg
403ce2d9c2a419b14d42e74a30974b94.jpg
384ee71273c828651f0736140d1a3a3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nice @madio! really looking forward to your thoughts. what i was seeing off the tee with the m6 was downright shocking. the consistency was amazing, the ball speeds relative to swing speed were stupid (several 1.51 smash factors), and the look at address is exceptional. i really had no interest in this club, but it was fantastic for me.

That is a NICE looking club!

well we had 75 weather today so i had to go try this puppy out and i walked smh i needed the exercise , lol i hit it about 10 times today and i hit it straight every time , the worst was a slight pull but trickled in the rough , and if u have seen my fairway game this past season u would understand, i have bought and tried about everything out there and tbh the cbx was very good on the ground for me but i couldnt hit it off the tee to save my life and all the others had too much this and not enough this and i cant tellu how many shaft i have tried so i went outside the box and decided to try that new 65 ck tensei orange shaft and i did not think cb shaft would do anything for me but i was desperate , its a pretty sweet combo for my swing , and to be fair i did change my 3 wood swing today slightly trying to hit down on it more and it helped alot but the club was so easy and pretty to hit , no remorse on this one and i have many remorse one , now hopefully the driver will be her etomorrow and make me feel like this as well, lol

Held an M5 today and I just don’t care for the silver top line. Give me the white any day. Didn’t get to hit it and test that part out, but just in hand it wasn’t something I loved.

Finally got a decent enough day to hit my m6 outside yesterday and it was even more impressive than the simulator numbers. Its going to be a hard decision b/c I do love my f85 setup. The m6, even with the atmos tour spec black 8x, launched higher than the f85. It definitely wasn't a ballooning launch, but launched effortlessly right away and had a strong flight that kept going. Very easy to control. Not quite sure about distance yet compared to the f85. For me the f85 ball speed is insane and launches lower and has a nice draw for my swing. Because of height and backspin I would say the m6 definitely carries longer, but the f85 total distance is longer.

Since gaming the f85 in September I've loved it and really have no complaints. I had a credit at PGA Superstore and a backup 3w was the only thing missing from my extra bag, hence buying the m6. Ive struck the f85 very well and hardly ever have a bad strike with it, but the m6 in hand screams confidence!! crushed it all day yesterday and produced effortless distance. Maybe b/c I had the shaft cut 3/4in short but that setup feels phenomenal.

Trying to get my head back into golf mode here, its a struggle, so hang with me here.

I did get to hit this one in the cold on Monday, got some LM time but with the misty weather I didn't connect the iPad to the Foresight GC2, 10 shot average in 44* weather with B330-S golf balls (I did the math, so bare with me):

Launch: 10.9
Spin: 3047
Ball Speed: 151 (154 peak)

So, yeah.....

only had one thing to trade and couldn’t find the specific model. anybody run into that and still get a trade bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Held an M5 today and I just don’t care for the silver top line. Give me the white any day. Didn’t get to hit it and test that part out, but just in hand it wasn’t something I loved.

It's funny how that goes... I was in LOVE with the M1 both years, was okay on the M3, and now LOVE the M5 profile.

Trying to get my head back into golf mode here, its a struggle, so hang with me here.

I did get to hit this one in the cold on Monday, got some LM time but with the misty weather I didn't connect the iPad to the Foresight GC2, 10 shot average in 44* weather with B330-S golf balls (I did the math, so bare with me):

So, yeah.....

That is big time ball speed.

So, yeah.....

I hate love you.

So, yeah.....

Those are the kind of numbers that make me fall in love with 3-wood all over again. #rifleshots #3woodforlife

Those are the kind of numbers that make me fall in love with 3-wood all over again. #rifleshots #3woodforlife

I’m definitely initially pretty smitten haha

Its funny I've not been a Taylor Made fan, especially due to the white/black of late and honestly ever since Burner Bubble way back in the '90's. This silver head is the first in forever that I want to go hit at the golf store.

Its funny I've not been a Taylor Made fan, especially due to the white/black of late and honestly ever since Burner Bubble way back in the '90's. This silver head is the first in forever that I want to go hit at the golf store.

I’ll say this, it looks even better in person. I was convinced I’d be playing Srixon or TEE in this spot this year, I’m not so convinced now.

oh boy. currently staring at a cart on tm's website with the m6 5w, upgrade to tour spec atmos red 7s. with their 150% trade-in, my cost would be pretty low. so tempted...

Last edited:
oh boy. currently staying at a cart on tm's website with the m6 5w, upgrade to tour spec atmos red 7s. with their 150% trade-in, my cost would be pretty low. so tempted...

So pull the trigger.

So pull the trigger.

i could totally sell this to the wife, too.

babe, i'm getting rid of 7 clubs, and only adding 1. freeing up so much space!

"Wife. This makes me happy. Should I be happy?"

Total guilt launch. It's fine, they do it to us too.

Approved.

Back