TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

That F85 spin is bonkers.

Yea I had some big right to left shots yesterday. had 5 shots spin at 1340, 1545, 1697, 1834, and 1910

I think if I put the HC Hzrdus red back in it would help get back to more playable numbers.... off the tee tho the f85 is a monster

I think the last time I got low 2s with a fairway wood, I was swinging with one hand hahahaha

I topped a ball the last time I did.

Hammered the holy horse **** out of the M5 today. I truly cannot wait until it warms up and I can put this through some serious paces.

i haven't heard anything from will @ peoples clubs about my build yet. but i am really excited to get it in hand.

i haven't heard anything from will @ peoples clubs about my build yet. but i am really excited to get it in hand.

He’s literally the best, I’d bet very soon.

Hammered the holy horse **** out of the M5 today. I truly cannot wait until it warms up and I can put this through some serious paces.

James I am SO excited to follow along in this journey with you!!

Kind of living variously through it right now, actually.

James I am SO excited to follow along in this journey with you!!

Kind of living variously through it right now, actually.

It’s interesting, I’m not sure what expectations I really had.

The trade in deal made it possible, and technically no cost, but even then I don’t think I believed it would beat out by TEE’s. While I’ve not hit them side by side on the GC2 yet, I kinda don’t even want to now.

Launch is way easier than I expected, in fact, it’s in line with the M4 HL I played a bit last year but without being HL lofted. Off the deck the story is the same. The sound is intoxicating. The distance is real. And the consistency of my miss with TwistFace is actually being helped on the smaller head as opposed to what it does for me on driver.

The Xtorsion has been a fun combo too, to the point I want to tinker with it, but I know I should just leave it alone.

I also did the TM trade in 150% deal and picked up an M6 3-wood. Good grief what a great club. It just feels effortless to make a good swing with it and the feel and sound of contact are also great. I had been gaming a fairly old and lower cost 3 wood, so I am sure that is part of it, but man this thing just feels smooth.

I also did the TM trade in 150% deal and picked up an M6 3-wood. Good grief what a great club. It just feels effortless to make a good swing with it and the feel and sound of contact are also great. I had been gaming a fairly old and lower cost 3 wood, so I am sure that is part of it, but man this thing just feels smooth.

you're gonna love it the more you hit it! You're spot on with the effortless feeling to launch this club. Great ball flight and stays on path more than any 3 wood ive hit

you're gonna love it the more you hit it! You're spot on with the effortless feeling to launch this club. Great ball flight and stays on path more than any 3 wood ive hit

Nice! Now I want to go hit it right now haha.

It was pretty crazy. With some of the numbers (at least what Trackman was saying) I was sitting there thinking to myself, why the heck do I ever need to hit my driver, haha. Granted it won't be as long as a driver, but the dispersion was amazingly less.

The M5 today.....hoooooooooooooooo boy....

So this one has become a legit tee weapon in a time I’m really searching for any consistency I can get with my swing. So helter skelter with this winter we have had and not having a range at our now closed local course we still get to practice at.

Anywho, extremely confident with this one. Was convinced I’d end up wishing I had the M6, but the forgiveness here for me has been surprising.

Does have me considering the M5 or M6 5w or the M6 hybo though for the 18-19* spot.

Another day where the swing was rusty, but this was a freaking GEM off the tee and deck for me.

It’s addicting to hit.

So this one has become a legit tee weapon in a time I’m really searching for any consistency I can get with my swing. So helter skelter with this winter we have had and not having a range at our now closed local course we still get to practice at.

Anywho, extremely confident with this one. Was convinced I’d end up wishing I had the M6, but the forgiveness here for me has been surprising.

Does have me considering the M5 or M6 5w or the M6 hybo though for the 18-19* spot.

thoughts on m5 or m6 for the 5w spot? i'm thinking about doing the same, not sure which makes more sense. 3w won't be a deck option for me, 5w will almost be exclusive off the deck.

thoughts on m5 or m6 for the 5w spot? i'm thinking about doing the same, not sure which makes more sense. 3w won't be a deck option for me, 5w will almost be exclusive off the deck.

I’m torn on that now. Have a boat load of trades, my final part of the hoard, ready to go on TM and grab either a 5w, or the M6 hybo which looks awesome as well.

M5 3w is a breeze off the deck, so I think two fairways would end up redundant.

Either way, one of those and a boatload of TP5x is happening with the trade in tomorrow!

This evening I had the chance to go to the driving range and try out my new M5 Rocket 3w, what a blast it is to hit!.. The trajectory of the launch for me was Medium and Long! The M5 is way better than the R11 3w that I had before this.

Another day where the swing was rusty, but this was a freaking GEM off the tee and deck for me.

It’s addicting to hit.

Just finished reading the thread. I have never gamed any TM gear, and have never really been a fan of most of their stuff, but you guys have really whetted my appetite to give these FW woods a try.

My pro reps Taylormade, so I need to schedule a fitting & see how these work for me. I hope I can see results like McLovin - sheesh! Hitting the 3W farther than driver is mind-blowing!

Just finished reading the thread. I have never gamed any TM gear, and have never really been a fan of most of their stuff, but you guys have really whetted my appetite to give these FW woods a try.

My pro reps Taylormade, so I need to schedule a fitting & see how these work for me. I hope I can see results like McLovin - sheesh! Hitting the 3W farther than driver is mind-blowing!

it should be here next week. something about the look, balance, etc just gave me supreme confidence and i was annihilating it. best fw i've tried in a long time, maybe ever.

it should be here next week. something about the look, balance, etc just gave me supreme confidence and i was annihilating it. best fw i've tried in a long time, maybe ever.

Very cool & sorry I won't get to borrow it from you in Charleston in march.
So the reason you went with the M6 over the M5 was ...dispersion? Numbers looked about the same, maybe even favoring the M5 a bit. Is one of these intended for lower HC swings and the other better for higher HC players?

Very cool & sorry I won't get to borrow it from you in Charleston in march.
So the reason you went with the M6 over the M5 was ...dispersion? Numbers looked about the same, maybe even favoring the M5 a bit. Is one of these intended for lower HC swings and the other better for higher HC players?

it’s very interesting to me that the numbers for the m5 came out so similar to the m6. because while hitting them, the fitter and i both agreed that the m6 was the clear winner. it was so amazingly consistent, and getting 1.51 smash on multiple hits cannot be ignored.

i would say the m6 is the more forgiving of the two. but they’re both excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it’s very interesting to me that the numbers for the m5 came out so similar to the m6. because while hitting them, the fitter and i both agreed that the m6 was the clear winner. it was so amazingly consistent, and getting 1.51 smash on multiple hits cannot be ignored.

i would say the m6 is the more forgiving of the two. but they’re both excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M5 is the more workable of the two for sure. Beeeeeast.

M5 is the more workable of the two for sure. Beeeeeast.

Does workable necessarily equate to "not for higher handicaps?"

Bottom line is I just have to try both & see which is better for my swing.

Does workable necessarily equate to "not for higher handicaps?"

Bottom line is I just have to try both & see which is better for my swing.

I don’t think so. But, it’s definitely the smaller footprint of the two so that might matter.

Back