TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

I can't rave enough about the m6 3w. without a doubt my favorite club in the bag right now. it launches effortlessly and I can tell the twist face helps keep bad swings/strikes from getting too ugly

the m5 does have faster ball speeds but I spun it so low it didn't make sense for me to get that over the m6. I don't think you can go wrong with either club, but both new clubs blow away the m3 / m4

I can't rave enough about the m6 3w. without a doubt my favorite club in the bag right now. it launches effortlessly and I can tell the twist face helps keep bad swings/strikes from getting too ugly

the m5 does have faster ball speeds but I spun it so low it didn't make sense for me to get that over the m6. I don't think you can go wrong with either club, but both new clubs blow away the m3 / m4

i agree. the m6 is bonkers. my build from @peoples club should be here in the next day or two.

i agree. the m6 is bonkers. my build from @peoples club should be here in the next day or two.

exciting!! its been snowing almost everyday the past 2 weeks here but I still go to the heated driving range just to hit this thing!

You guys can keep the M6, I'll be rocking the Ti of the M5, hahaha

It appears as if both are the clear winners in the M5/M6 line this year though as the buzz just isn't there for the drivers.

I also have the M6 hybo coming to try, which could be fun.

m6 3w came today! i plan to go to the range this evening and take a couple swings. i'll try to grab some pics. it looks so freaking good.

M6 hybo shipped today. That's exciting. There is no thread for the hybrids and likely no traction for there to be one IMO, so I'll post in here until I get it in hand.

M6 hybo shipped today. That's exciting. There is no thread for the hybrids and likely no traction for there to be one IMO, so I'll post in here until I get it in hand.

No thread for the irons either lol

Just scheduled an informal fitting with my coach (who reps Taylormade) to hit both fairway woods Friday. Looking forward to it based on all the superlatives on this thread!

Nice Grins. Looking forward to what you see.

I would love to be bringing one of these to Charleston in a month - but I'll wait & see.

I would love to be bringing one of these to Charleston in a month - but I'll wait & see.

You can look at my M5 there hahaha

Some work to be done...

f250ae5eb0e1ef4d0824988226d38ae7.jpg

Should add, I do have the Xtorsion in it right now which is a CB'd shaft. When the change happens this weekend, it should bring that SW up a bit.

Should add, I do have the Xtorsion in it right now which is a CB'd shaft. When the change happens this weekend, it should bring that SW up a bit.

what shaft are you putting in there? the Accra??

For those that have used them:
- What is your preference between the M3, 4, 5 and 6 fairway woods? Probably most specifically, how would you compare the m3 and m5 versions?
- Are they high launching?
- How were the stock shafts in the M3? Tensei blue I believe?

Need a new 3w and this would be preferred. The M3 can be had new at $230 right now and the M5 are $400. If the m3 is close to the m5, that's a lot of cash for a club that I don't use a ton.

what shaft are you putting in there? the Accra??

Yeah, probably the 2.0 or I'll go TPT 15LKP in it because I just want to try that one in a fairway.

I had the m3 3hl and did not love it but it was ok I got the m5 and it was about the same for me maybe too low but it was 15* but then I ordered the m6 with orange fw tensei and it's money and the ball flies

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I had the m3 3hl and did not love it but it was ok I got the m5 and it was about the same for me maybe too low but it was 15* but then I ordered the m6 with orange fw tensei and it's money and the ball flies

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pretty much same thoughts here. I had the m3 3hl most of last year and never liked it. it was just ok and honestly never felt excited about taking it out to use

For those that have used them:
- What is your preference between the M3, 4, 5 and 6 fairway woods? Probably most specifically, how would you compare the m3 and m5 versions?
- Are they high launching?
- How were the stock shafts in the M3? Tensei blue I believe?

Need a new 3w and this would be preferred. The M3 can be had new at $230 right now and the M5 are $400. If the m3 is close to the m5, that's a lot of cash for a club that I don't use a ton.

m5/m6 are much better than m3/m4...I could happily game the m5 in a 3w, but the m6 for me performed better to my liking. The m4 3w I felt hit too high and spun too much resulting in loss of distance whereas the m6 has a perfect neutral flight for me and spins between 2800 - 3200 which is ideal for me.

if your going to trade in clubs id suggest going with either the m5/m6 and get that 150% trade in bonus compared to buying a new $230 m3

comparison wise I dont think the m3 performs anywhere near as good as the m5

Yeah, probably the 2.0 or I'll go TPT 15LKP in it because I just want to try that one in a fairway.

looking forward to the results! that might be the only thing I miss about getting the m6 over m5. I love to tinker with shafts and it would be awesome to have the m5 to try new shafts.. ive honestly thought about getting a 5w m5 or 3w m5 and lofting up to 17* for when I dont get along with my driving iron

but I love the m6 with atmos tour spec black combo I have now

Even at D1.5, I continue to hit this really well. Really really well, and really really consistently.

It’s funny that last year I hunted for the fairway I played best all year, and this year it’s looking settled right out of the gates.

OK, so, question is ACCRA FX 2.0 M5 fairway shaft, or TPT 15LKP?

On second viewing, the 2.0 200F M5 just seems far too apropos for the M5 fairway...

On second viewing, the 2.0 200F M5 just seems far too apropos for the M5 fairway...

do you have any experience with that shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back