TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

do you have any experience with that shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played it in my TEE CBX for a bit.

Played it in my TEE CBX for a bit.

nice. i asked my club guy about it, and he said it's a good shaft, but they rarely find it to be the best fit for people. i thought that was kind of curious. i have the og fx in my driver. i wouldn't say i love the feel, particularly at impact (kind of wobbly like a diving board), but it's been working really well for me.

nice. i asked my club guy about it, and he said it's a good shaft, but they rarely find it to be the best fit for people. i thought that was kind of curious. i have the og fx in my driver. i wouldn't say i love the feel, particularly at impact (kind of wobbly like a diving board), but it's been working really well for me.

Interesting, the FX 2.0 line is a pretty popular one for them.

I squeezed in a quick practice session with my coach who's a Taylormade rep. Warmed up with a 7 iron, then he handed me the M6 5W. First swing:
NQp3rWYh.jpg
[/IMG]

Pulled the trigger and got an m6 5w now also..Graphite Design AD IZ 8x

Pulled the trigger and got an m6 5w now also..Graphite Design AD IZ 8x

The M6 5W was the best club for me - I hit it almost as far as the M6 3 wood.

The M5 didn't work as well for me. It felt heavier and the club speed & ball speed were lower than with the M6.

Average M6 numbers for me were:

M6 3 wood: 195 carry / 204 total (1480 spin; 1.44 smash factor: ball speed 124/club speed 86)

M6 5 wood: 178 carry / 187 total (1475 spin; 1.27 smash factor: ball speed 118/club speed 93) I hit my longest ball with the 5W (205 carry) and didn't hit as many quality shots with this set, but the results were very good for me.

For comparison my 5W (Cobra F7) carry was 151/164 (but these are way low - I started hitting it worse as the session went on because I was working on something and my swing changed)

Bottom line: M6 worked better for me. I want to try it again when my swing is on & compare it with other current clubs, but I really loved the 5W!

The M6 5W was the best club for me - I hit it almost as far as the M6 3 wood.

The M5 didn't work as well for me. It felt heavier and the club speed & ball speed were lower than with the M6.

Average M6 numbers for me were:

M6 3 wood: 195 carry / 204 total (1480 spin; 1.44 smash factor: ball speed 124/club speed 86)

M6 5 wood: 178 carry / 187 total (1475 spin; 1.27 smash factor: ball speed 118/club speed 93) I hit my longest ball with the 5W (205 carry) and didn't hit as many quality shots with this set, but the results were very good for me.

For comparison my 5W (Cobra F7) carry was 151/164 (but these are way low - I started hitting it worse as the session went on because I was working on something and my swing changed)

Bottom line: M6 worked better for me. I want to try it again when my swing is on & compare it with other current clubs, but I really loved the 5W!

I really wanted to like the m5 cuz that sliding 65g weight made a HUGE difference in flight. No one on here has talked about it yet but this is the first weight in a club head I’ve seen that truly works...
With that being said the m6 in both the 3w and 5w gave me better and consistent numbers than the m5. I could happily game the m5, but the m6 for me was flat out better. Quite surprising cuz the M1 and m3 of the past worked better for me and games them both

In terms of fairway woods, I think without question both TM offerings are better than anything else out

I really wanted to like the m5 cuz that sliding 65g weight made a HUGE difference in flight. No one on here has talked about it yet but this is the first weight in a club head I’ve seen that truly works...
With that being said the m6 in both the 3w and 5w gave me better and consistent numbers than the m5. I could happily game the m5, but the m6 for me was flat out better. Quite surprising cuz the M1 and m3 of the past worked better for me and games them both

In terms of fairway woods, I think without question both TM offerings are better than anything else out

You need to hit the Cortex, most effective weight system I’ve seen.

Love that you guys are enjoying the M6, I’ll just keep bombing the M5! Haha

You need to hit the Cortex, most effective weight system I’ve seen.

Love that you guys are enjoying the M6, I’ll just keep bombing the M5! Haha

I went in with an open mind but it was prettty clear the M5 wasn't doing it for me. My first thought was, "well, t least I won't have to worry about cleaning a bunch of crud out of the bottom of the 5W if I go M6 after I scrape a big divot out of the ground" haha!

I went in with an open mind but it was prettty clear the M5 wasn't doing it for me. My first thought was, "well, t least I won't have to worry about cleaning a bunch of crud out of the bottom of the 5W if I go M6 after I scrape a big divot out of the ground" haha!

Oh you know I’m all for playing what works.

For me, the smaller profiles in fairways are just the bees knees confidence wise.

For me, the smaller profiles in fairways are just the bees knees confidence wise.

The good news is he showed me that I could see the ball marks on the face pretty clearly, & most of my swings were center face with the M6 & M5 too, so that's a plus!

Something minor, not performance affecting, but have you had issues with grass getting stuck on the sole? I still game the 915f so can deal with it, just little bit of a pain on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something minor, not performance affecting, but have you had issues with grass getting stuck on the sole? I still game the 915f so can deal with it, just little bit of a pain on that one

Been playing in muddy conditions so, yeah.

But even then, tee to the bottom, move on. Not a biggie for me.

Been playing in muddy conditions so, yeah.

But even then, tee to the bottom, move on. Not a biggie for me.

Yeah, it’s probably a bigger hassle with the 915f since that channel is narrow but deeep.

Yeah, it’s probably a bigger hassle with the 915f since that channel is narrow but deeep.

It’ll def be an issue for some off the deck, but I keep my clubs so dirty it doesn’t matter lmao

Just installed an ACCRA FX 2.0 200F in M5/X into this one, swing weight pretty much perfect at D4.

Pumped to hit it tomorrow.

Nailed it!

a879047273b68244381e92650e1583c0.jpg

f0c6ac73689da60ab38dff04b991776a.jpg

61c92091f3e2bdee0300c9c542f2802d.jpg

2017bf6277b242d8ab05ce96a6b798a9.jpg

That is a sexy beast

That’s a baddass combo

fadb41759e8ecf6b30b9c314035cd14b.jpg

I'm loving the lab photos. This one is cool and the RTX wedge one was pretty killer. It's a great backdrop.

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Still entirely infatuated with the M5 Ti fairway. It’s as consistent for me as anything I’ve hit in the 3w spot, launches like a 4w for me, and is as long as the CBX which was the longest fairway I’d ever played.

Very much a fan of having this one in the bag.

Back