TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This thread can be used to discuss TaylorMade's new M5 and M6 Fairway woods.

299844-TM19_M5_FWY_DSC08980_v1-760ac7-original-1546451004-L.jpg

299849-299654-M5-19_FWY_Address_v2-a7f79f-original-1546421960-80f909-original-1546451594-XL.png

299862-299713-TM19_M6_FWY_DSC09885_v1-608a4f-original-1546427811-84dc7c-original-1546452400-L.jpg

299865-299778-M6-19_RES_Address_v1-4242fc-original-1546438071-52a8ac-original-1546452796-L.png

M5.

Get in my bag. Now.

Looking at the picture of the M5 sole, it appears that the whole of the back section slides around?

Is it limited to 3 positions identified by the marks at the back of the sole or is it infinitely adjustable from one end to the other?

65 gram movable weight. Intrigued. M5 looks phenomenal

they look GREAT. and i don't have a problem with the price.

i would think m5 as a tee option, so lower loft. m6 as a higher loft option off the fairway.

but i get a little anxiety thinking about digging dirt out of the sole of that m5 if i ever hit it off the deck.

Looking at the picture of the M5 sole, it appears that the whole of the back section slides around?

Is it limited to 3 positions identified by the marks at the back of the sole or is it infinitely adjustable from one end to the other?

Based on the vid I just watched with Baz from TM it’s adjustable end to end, pretty cool.

Based on the vid I just watched with Baz from TM it’s adjustable end to end, pretty cool.

Cheers James, I can't access too much on the machines at work as they restrict videos and pictures depending on the source of them

I will have a look later to get a bit more clued up on them

Cheers James, I can't access too much on the machines at work as they restrict videos and pictures depending on the source of them

I will have a look later to get a bit more clued up on them

Hahaha, I’m here for you dude, on my snow/ice day with school cancelled

I love the look of the M5, but at that price, I might buy them in 2-3 years

I know this will come off as nitpicky, but there’s a couple things I don’t love. On the M6, doing away with their 3hl hurts my interest. On the M5, I don’t really need the draw/fade correction and would have preferred a fixed weight and less places for grass and muck to collect. It’s kind of a pain with the 915f, would guess this to be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. I think this is the best looking version in a while IMO.

Probably some of the coolest weight movement tech Ive seen in a fairway wood (M5) but sheesh the $400 fairway wood era is upon us. Thats a tough pill to swallow but I wouldnt mind trying it and seeing how the adjustable weight helps

$400 for a fairway wood??? Wow, that escalated quickly. I thought the $300 fairway woods were a bit much.

Probably some of the coolest weight movement tech Ive seen in a fairway wood (M5) but sheesh the $400 fairway wood era is upon us. Thats a tough pill to swallow but I wouldnt mind trying it and seeing how the adjustable weight helps

Thousand bucks out the door for driver and fairway is a big nut.

Budget Coupon is even more important for THPers now

$400 for a fairway wood??? Wow, that escalated quickly. I thought the $300 fairway woods were a bit much.

Heck, TEE has been there and beyond multiple times.

ok FW looks pretty damn good IMO

Heck, TEE has been there and beyond multiple times.

Yes, I get that. Same with XXIO and PXG and a number of others. Probably why all of them are behind TM, PING, Callaway and Cobra when it comes to sales and being in peoples bags

Yes, I get that. Same with XXIO and PXG and a number of others. Probably why all of them are behind TM, PING, Callaway and Cobra when it comes to sales and being in peoples bags

Also should add that TEE just went in the opposite direction and the President said on THP TV it was because they had to.

I’m okay with pricing moves because consumers speak with their wallets. We will see if it works. Interesting so little talk of driver price increase either, which will put them at the highest cost mainstream brand.

I honestly think that is by design.

I know this will come off as nitpicky, but there’s a couple things I don’t love. On the M6, doing away with their 3hl hurts my interest. On the M5, I don’t really need the draw/fade correction and would have preferred a fixed weight and less places for grass and muck to collect. It’s kind of a pain with the 915f, would guess this to be similar.

agreed, lots of slots in that head to get filthy. One of the reasons the xr fairway wood stays quite clean in my bag

Hybrid is listed without a Regular Flex shaft option as standard - Only Stiff and X-Stiff.

that redline on the back of the head is super sexy.....

Holding the 65g weight in hand was pretty wild. It it a ton of weight to move back and forth.

During the first presentation, I looked at it and wasn't sure what was going on. I thought for a second the screw was an internal weight to raise and drop CG. Then they moved to the next slide and it started moving back and forth and i was like "YES!!!"

Also, M5 a hammer. I hit the ball a long way. Loved the profile.

With these items out, I would expect the M3 and M4 would be vastly coming available for very good pricing. The question is are the new products that much better or should you just get the previous at the reduced pricing?

I have the Rogue in my bag now, but wouldn’t mind getting a higher lofted M4 with twist face as a secondary driver.

Back