TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

I am really interested in this. But, after dropping 5 bills on a driver this year, I may have to wait and pick up a used one at the end of this season.

Yes, I get that. Same with XXIO and PXG and a number of others. Probably why all of them are behind TM, PING, Callaway and Cobra when it comes to sales and being in peoples bags

Or, it could just be accessibility to try. But, that’s a conversation that’s been had many times before.

Ours say same thing as I said in the driver post.
Not a fan. Don’t like my clubs to look like they were made for Captain America in an avengers movie. Did they try to match the shield? Lol.

They’ll drop a new one in July then right making these obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan. Don’t like my clubs to look like they were made for Captain America in an avengers movie. Did they try to match the shield? Lol.

Interesting take. To each their own, obviously (sample: the crown on your driver isn't for everyone)

What makes you think they'll release another driver in July?

While I always appreciate the release cycle joke, that hasn’t been their play for two cycles now. Hell, ping releases more drivers than them.

I like the looks but the OEM's have all lost their minds with the prices.

While I always appreciate the release cycle joke, that hasn’t been their play for two cycles now. Hell, ping releases more drivers than them.

You're doing better than me. I am a member at another forum and every TM thread is riddled with "jokes" about their release cycles. I put the jokes in quotes, because at this point, they are far from funny. No new club renders the last model obsolete. They are still capable of hitting a golf ball after the new model drops. TM, Cally, Ping, etc are not holding a gun to your head forcing you to invest in new clubs every time they release.

Rant over...

I like the looks but the OEM's have all lost their minds with the prices.

What do you mean? Isn't it inevitable that prices will increase as the products get more technical? Similar to buying a car, the bigger the package the bigger the price.

I think based on the amount of 'stuff' going on in the M5 it makes perfect sense to be priced well outside the M6. They are very different products.

You're doing better than me. I am a member at another forum and every TM thread is riddled with "jokes" about their release cycles. I put the jokes in quotes, because at this point, they are far from funny. No new club renders the last model obsolete. They are still capable of hitting a golf ball after the new model drops. TM, Cally, Ping, etc are not holding a gun to your head forcing you to invest in new clubs every time they release.

Rant over...

We do things a little differently than the other forums where everyone hits the ball three hundo hahaha.

No, a new release doesn’t necessarily make an old one obsolete, but new and shiny sure is fun. I like fun.

as awesome as that m5 fairway looks, id have a real hard time dropping $400 on a 3w that's not even including an upcharge shaft

We do things a little differently than the other forums where everyone hits the ball three hundo hahaha.

No, a new release doesn’t necessarily make an old one obsolete, but new and shiny sure is fun. I like fun.

Same here. My wife is a little less enthusiastic about new club releases though. She keeps me mildly in check :)

Rant over...

it's a different conversation, but your example is why historical perceptions can be so hard for a brand to overcome. tm arguably deserved that rap for previous history, but it's not what they do anymore. other oems have picked up that torch. yet they are still living with that label. and other brands are still saddled with different yet persistent perception issues, despite significant strides to the contrary.

it's a different conversation, but your example is why historical perceptions can be so hard for a brand to overcome. tm arguably deserved that rap for previous history, but it's not what they do anymore. other oems have picked up that torch. yet they are still living with that label. and other brands are still saddled with different yet persistent perception issues, despite significant strides to the contrary.

That is the truth. Brand perception is such a hard thing to shape. People will hold on to past experiences for quite a while.

What I am most looking to hear and possibly see is this ball speed increase claim. It looks like 2019 is going to be all about increasing ball speed within golf equipment. So, does the new technology really work and by how much?

I wasn’t trying to be funny. Didn’t have a smile.
Saying obsolete was a misuse of words but I thought people would understand but not all do. I can probably write a book about this but psychologically speaking if you buy a new driver full price and next month they release a new one and you weren’t expecting it then you go through lots of emotions about WTF does this company think they are, etc.

My taylormade story:
I can’t afford equipment each year, more like once a decade. and I pulled the damn trigger on Taylormade Woods, irons back when the m2 was new and psi irons were still they’re newest offering. I went to a demo day and felt good, did tons of research and pulled the trigger on a used set. Ordered some dg x100’s in .355 taper tip which everyone said this was the shaft type. WELL, not so. Once they came in I found some were made with taper and some were made with parallel. Guess which ones came to me? So I returned the taper tips and bought parallel and painstaking measured and cut and then needed a swing weight device and then after all was said and done my used set costed about 100 more than brand new and then they instantly dropped the next set of irons, I put mine on eBay because honestly the clubs sucked. The woods sucked, the irons sucked, everything was off in my mind. Swear the graphite shafts has micro cracks in the laminate because right before impact my eyes would pick up a rediculous lag like not humanly possible type of lag and the 3 wood would either go 280 off the deck or the ball would get topped or snap hooked. Yes could be all me but after that bath I took on those clubs - basically wasting my once a decade purchase and now I’ve got the same stuff I used back in 2004. Yes I got new pings this year but geese did it take a long time to recover from the taylormade purchase.

Rant over. Lol. Okay not a rant. All 100% true. Not trying to be funny just my reason for always expecting a double release in the same year. (we should call this premature Ejaculation - golf termed for double release or more in the same calendar year) now that’s funny.

Saying obsolete was a misuse of words but I thought people would understand but not all do. I can probably write a book about this but psychologically speaking if you buy a new driver full price and next month they release a new one and you weren’t expecting it then you go through lots of emotions about WTF does this company think they are, etc.

My taylormade story:
I can’t afford equipment each year, more like once a decade. and I pulled the damn trigger on Taylormade Woods, irons back when the m2 was new and psi irons were still they’re newest offering. I went to a demo day and felt good, did tons of research and pulled the trigger on a used set. Ordered some dg x100’s in .355 taper tip which everyone said this was the shaft type. WELL, not so. Once they came in I found some were made with taper and some were made with parallel. Guess which ones came to me? So I returned the taper tips and bought parallel and painstaking measured and cut and then needed a swing weight device and then after all was said and done my used set costed about 100 more than brand new and then they instantly dropped the next set of irons, I put mine on eBay because honestly the clubs sucked. The woods sucked, the irons sucked, everything was off in my mind. Swear the graphite shafts has micro cracks in the laminate because right before impact my eyes would pick up a rediculous lag like not humanly possible type of lag and the 3 wood would either go 280 off the deck or the ball would get topped or snap hooked. Yes could be all me but after that bath I took on those clubs - basically wasting my once a decade purchase and now I’ve got the same stuff I used back in 2004. Yes I got new pings this year but geese did it take a long time to recover from the taylormade purchase.

Rant over. Lol. Okay not a rant. All 100% true. Not trying to be funny just my reason for always expecting a double release in the same year. (we should call this premature Ejaculation - golf termed for double release or more in the same calendar year) now that’s funny.
I'm honestly not sure how this experience could possibly lead you to the conclusion that release cycles are the problem. The release of the next clubs had zero bearing or affect on the performance or quality of the clubs you built, but that's for another thread I suppose.

Is it just the stock photos that are posted or is the M6 that much smaller then the M5?

they look GREAT...

but i get a little anxiety thinking about digging dirt out of the sole of that m5 if i ever hit it off the deck.

Man i was thinking the same thing.

oops. Nevermind. The picture of the M6 from the top view is a rescue apparently.

I'm curious as to how much of a difference the moving weight in the M5T will have. While very large, it would have less range of a motion than an ultra-dense weight.

My taylormade story:

I am still lost. They are consistently on a 12 month cycle for drivers. Nothing is shocking about it.

What does one bad fitting/building experience have to do with fairways and drivers?

For what it’s worth, when the r7 Ti came out, it was also pricier than the steel version by I thought 100 as well.

I think my eyes are bugging out though about a 65g moving weight. Holy ball flight adjustments.

Well snap, I think I need M5 3 wood

These look great, for sure, but they've highlighted a problem I've really only recently noticed.

New technology came out in 2018 with Twist Face. Drivers only, not in the fairway woods. 2019 - now lets put Twist Face on our fairways. Next year they'll have the speed resin and red dots on the face, I'd imagine.

Before it gets too anti-TM, Cobra did this with the milled face, Callaway did it with Jailbreak, and I'd imagine there are other examples.

Either way, that M5 fairway looks absolutely incredible. I'm really excited to hear what people say about the weight. Its a lot of weight, but it doesn't look like its really moving that far - thats certainly a different school of thought compared to what other companies are offering.

Well I’m not sure I’m gonna have any interest in these until they release a 3HL/4W option. Cause that’s what I want to replace my M4 3W with. Looks like I’m gonna try and get a great deal on a M4 3HL.

150% trade in on anything is calling to me, the M5 is tempting, especially if it’s technically free...ish.... lmao

Back