TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

Please stop enabling (us).

Wouldn’t be the first club I traded in/sold a bunch of stuff to acquire in the last few days lol

Wouldn’t be the first club I traded in/sold a bunch of stuff to acquire in the last few days lol

Trading my M4 fairway and M3 hybo would go a loooooooooong way to the M5 fairway with the bonus....

Trading my M4 fairway and M3 hybo would go a loooooooooong way to the M5 fairway with the bonus....

There isn't the high launch anymore. Means you have to go with the rocket 3!

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Fairway Woods

There isn't the high launch anymore. Means you have to go with the rocket 3!

Hahaha, nah, standard 3 for me, low loft fairways are not my friend!

From what I’ve heard, the rocket was a necessity because theblaunch on the two fairways was so good, so going lower filled the voids fitting wise

From what I’ve heard, the rocket was a necessity because theblaunch on the two fairways was so good, so going lower filled the voids fitting wise

Good launch? Count me in.

I had no problem launching the M5 fairway. I'm just excited that it was clean straight launch and nothing wonky or flared. Yahhh!

Big time TM guy here over the years but drifted away since the 2017 M1/M2 release. The M3/M4 wasnt great looking for me. This release to me looks great and I think TM have potentially hooked me again :banghead:
And I need a 3 wood!!

Last edited:
I had no problem launching the M5 fairway. I'm just excited that it was clean straight launch and nothing wonky or flared. Yahhh!

This is the one club TwistFace could benefit me in ad I square the fairway much better than the driver. Would be a fun tinker for sure.

Rory going from 9 degree driver to 17.5 M5 5w this week......

Definitely intrigued by the M6 3W :cool:

Gave the M5 a go today with a Hazrdus Smoke 60g. Couldn’t get this thing to fly. Ball speed was faster than my current driver but it didn’t go anywhere.

Don’t like the sound and the face was sitting far to open for my liking.

The Epic Flash on the other hand in the same shaft was a beast. Tried the sub zero and normal head and both went like rockets.

Will give the M5 one more go but currently it is in last place.

Best combination so far was the Epic Flash and a 70g Smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hit the m5 15* yesterday and was quite impressed. Very solid feel and you know exactly where you catch it on the face. Flight was no issue at all and saw consistent spin around 2800. Had the 6.5 HZRDUS Black and bombed a few just shy of 270 off the deck. I didn't move the weight around at all to see how the 65g changes flight but im very intrigued.

Im not in need of a 3w but I definitely want to see how it compares to my srixon f85 which has consistently given me better ball speeds than any other 3w on the market

Some good feedback on the M5 in here, thanks guys. Pretty interesting to see it vary so much, but, I think that will be the case as it has been for TM the last couple iterations, its always a one or the other thing, never an in-between. For the M1/M2, the M1 was superior for me, for the M3/M4 it was M4 all day...here...the M5 calls to me...

It says.....Tiiiiiiiittttaaaaaaaaannnnnnniummmmmmmm

Some good feedback on the M5 in here, thanks guys. Pretty interesting to see it vary so much, but, I think that will be the case as it has been for TM the last couple iterations, its always a one or the other thing, never an in-between. For the M1/M2, the M1 was superior for me, for the M3/M4 it was M4 all day...here...the M5 calls to me...

It says.....Tiiiiiiiittttaaaaaaaaannnnnnniummmmmmmm

Same here. Used to game the 2016 m1 for 2 years. initially bought the m3 and was awful for me but m4 worked great! Definitely try the m5!! saw some pretty impressive ball speed. I love my f85 so much however I don't see the m5 as a necessary upgrade

Same here. Used to game the 2016 m1 for 2 years. initially bought the m3 and was awful for me but m4 worked great! Definitely try the m5!! saw some pretty impressive ball speed. I love my f85 so much however I don't see the m5 as a necessary upgrade

I mean, with the 150% trade in going....

Haha

I mean, with the 150% trade in going....

Haha

Lol I know! Its so tempting and I'm sure Ill be there this weekend convincing myself!

Quick stupid question is the 150% trade in on only TaylorMade to TaylorMade products or trading in any clubs like usually. Thx for the responses in advance!

Quick stupid question is the 150% trade in on only TaylorMade to TaylorMade products or trading in any clubs like usually. Thx for the responses in advance!

Any clubs. I traded in two TM clubs, but also a wedge and putter that were not TM, got the 150% on all.

To expand on the 150% talk: spoke with someone at TM and they said as long as you have at least 1 m5/m6 item purchased there is no limit to how many items you can trade in with the bonus or what they're applied to. I was able to de-clutter my attic and scored some p790 irons to go along with my new m5 driver!

Anyone else hit these yet?

Hope to get some M5 time myself soon.

I hit the M5 3w on Saturday. Super SOLID feel and sound and it looks incredible. Really consistent ball speeds. For me, the best thing about it was the 65g moveable weight because it really impacted ball flight shape tendencies. As good as it is, my gamer AeroBurner TP remains undefeated and stays in my bag. I just couldn't justify spending $300-ish for less than 5 more yards in total distance.

I did walk out with the M5 driver, though. That's a whole different story....

Muahahahahahahaha....

Back