2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

It's good looking for sure. If I wasn't so crazy about having my clubs all match I would have been all over it.
I was the same way. I really like black wedges but I strongly prefer for all my clubs to match if possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oh my that black

ya that looks really damn good

you know where I loved that club the most? Out of the think/tall rough. It looked like a damn massive spoon down there that no matter what I did, I was going to be able to pop the ball up with no issues.
Agreed. Though I'm sure you were only hitting from the rough for "testing" purposes unlike me.

I'm looking forward to seeing 2.0 in person. Going from a "big spoon" to a "spatula" should increase the already high confidence level quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Callaway make the same loft options in a standard wedge, so you don’t have to buy a high toe wedge if you don’t like it.

Not sure what you mean when you say you hoped the leading edge would be better.

Whilst the other poster (thanks aldawitter) pretty much answered it I'd like to add this, TM managed to make essentially the same club with out that awful looking leading edge. Whilst the original pm grind performed brilliantly, the leading edge made it look hideous at address.

Agreed. Though I'm sure you were only hitting from the rough for "testing" purposes unlike me.

I'm looking forward to seeing 2.0 in person. Going from a "big spoon" to a "spatula" should increase the already high confidence level quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

yeah yeah "testing" haha

Whilst the other poster (thanks aldawitter) pretty much answered it I'd like to add this, TM managed to make essentially the same club with out that awful looking leading edge. Whilst the original pm grind performed brilliantly, the leading edge made it look hideous at address.

Funny how golf is viewed. I thought the TM was awful to look at address. Could be bc my first set were Ping Eye 2’s and the PM grind reminds me of those wedges.

I think this PM looks better than the OG.

Last edited:

Phil Mickelson and Roger Cleveland collaborated on this wedge, so you can bet that every detail was chosen for a reason.

Regardless, I've never thought it looked hideous at address, just different.

Phil Mickelson and Roger Cleveland collaborated on this wedge, so you can bet that every detail was chosen for a reason.

Regardless, I've never thought it looked hideous at address, just different.

Not sure what the mention of PM's name has to do with designing clubs, he played an eye 2 lob wedge for a long time, so looks in that club aren't at the top of his list.

I played it for over a year an whilst it performed amazingly, it still looked awful but that's just my opinion.

I'd love to have a 64*, but I can't take anything else out of the bag.

I mean unless you’re playing in tournaments, nothing stops you from having 15

what about 19?

Whoa there sir. We bend the rules here not toss them out with complete disregard, you heathen.

(19 sounds awesome. Driver, 3w, 5w, 7w, 4H, 5-pw, 50,52,54,56,58,60,64 putter)

When is pre-order for these again?

When is pre-order for these again?

I can see an availability date of 2/15 but I'm not sure about the pre-order date.

The high toe does come in handy. This was a recovery shot from the crap

1158a9b7051ecef9328d54917194343c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The high toe does come in handy. This was a recovery shot from the crap

1158a9b7051ecef9328d54917194343c.jpg

I see this being a huge help - can’t wait to get this 58 in the bag.

thinking a 54 & 60 could make it in the bag

Today I got to get out and do some wedge work while on Daddy duty. Nothing serious, just shooting at targets 80yds or less and when I tell you I've never been happier it's the truth. Being able to open these and use the entire face is incredible and I mean that for 20yd shots and 75yd shots alike. Even ship shots are so much easier. I'm so glad I went this route. I love watching the Truvis balls spin off these wedges.

I’m either going 58 or 60. As a huge fan of the original I’m really looking forward to getting this in my bag.

0e6cb9ebd36ad92d70292817131687eb.jpg

PM grind 2.0 at address

That is the 56* in tour grey.

This wedge is like cheating out of the bunkers. It’s kind of unreal how easy it is to hit good shots.

This wedge is like cheating out of the bunkers. It’s kind of unreal how easy it is to hit good shots.

I played last week after a heavy rain and I couldn't believe the 60 and 64 were still taking nice shallow dollar sized divots out of packed, wet sand. The 2019 models are my must buy product this year.

Back