2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I played last week after a heavy rain and I couldn't believe the 60 and 64 were still taking nice shallow dollar sized divots out of packed, wet sand. The 2019 models are my must buy product this year.

One of the biggest surprises for me at The Hideaway was also related to performance in wet conditions. On the second day after all that rain the course was soaked and I thought I would be digging trenches with the PM Grind on that soggy grass but I didn't see that at all. It really gave me some confidence that day.

I need an update on my PM grindage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the 56* in tour grey.

i appreciate that. how is it on full or partial swings? that seems like it would be really hard to get used to. does launch and spin super high on full and partial swings compared to other wedges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i appreciate that. how is it on full or partial swings? that seems like it would be really hard to get used to. does launch and spin super high on full and partial swings compared to other wedges?

I am a guy that does not like to do full shots with my wedges so other guys are going to have to answer that question.

With PM grind OG I was able to flight it down and have a controlled release. I assume I will have the same success with 2.0 but that shot testing is going to have to wait till warmer weather now.

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

If these are like the first version, you can definitely play a bunch of different shots. Low runners, high pitch/chips, flops, this one can do it all with the proper technique.

One thing I hope carries over is the spin. It was pretty good with the first one and once you get comfortable you can attack pins.

Last edited:
0e6cb9ebd36ad92d70292817131687eb.jpg

PM grind 2.0 at address
Yeah......going to need one of these.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was just watching a video that was done at ECPC by Golfholics during the launch event. One of the guys was talking to Roger Cleveland about the PM 2.0 wedge and Roger said, a couple of times in egard to the sole, that it is like a "mini SureOut". I have two SureOut wedges and from playing the PM 2.0 the results I have seen, especially from the bunker, would seem to confirm that. This club is as foolproof as the SureOut out of the bunkers for me but with greater versatility from the fairway, fringe and rough.

starting to think maybe a 54 and 58 of these would be the way to go. if they're not just for greenside play, and can really be used for longer shots, i think i'll take the plunge. then i go smoke irons and tour grey wedges, and my ocd won't go haywire.

I don’t really use it on full swings. It’s been great on partial swings. Ball height / trajectory is variable depending on ball position for me. The biggest difference to me vs other wedges I’ve played is how versatile the club is, how we can hit all kinds of different shots by opening the face varying amounts. I came from V sole and universal sole wedges and had gotten away from those shots. It’s fun to have them back in the repertoire.

I was just watching a video that was done at ECPC by Golfholics during the launch event. One of the guys was talking to Roger Cleveland about the PM 2.0 wedge and Roger said, a couple of times in egard to the sole, that it is like a "mini SureOut". I have two SureOut wedges and from playing the PM 2.0 the results I have seen, especially from the bunker, would seem to confirm that. This club is as foolproof as the SureOut out of the bunkers for me but with greater versatility from the fairway, fringe and rough.

That is really a great description. I saw a lot of sand this weekend. It was like cheating with the PM2.0.

So I was playing links golf with Uber tight lies all weekend. I did have some struggles with the PM on those lies. I think it can be done but might require some technique adjustments.

So I was playing links golf with Uber tight lies all weekend. I did have some struggles with the PM on those lies. I think it can be done but might require some technique adjustments.

It can be done! Nothing tighter than the lies around the greens at The Hideaway and I had no issues using this club. Since watching Mickelson's videos on chipping and using his method I have had much better success around the green. His method is weight forward, hands forward of the ball and the ball played off the back foot for lower running chips and off the front foot for higher shots. Never, according to him, play the ball off the middle of the stance for those shots around the green. The PM 2.0 played off the front foot with the clubface open has been a great addition to my game for those times I have short-sided myself.

It can definitely be done, but it does require that you tinker with stance and setup like phily#s says.

Same with full shots, it can be down with good results, but it’s absolutely penal if you get lazy with it, clean ball first contact is required, unless you’re trying to dig a ditch.

It can be done! Nothing tighter than the lies around the greens at The Hideaway and I had no issues using this club. Since watching Mickelson's videos on chipping and using his method I have had much better success around the green. His method is weight forward, hands forward of the ball and the ball played off the back foot for lower running chips and off the front foot for higher shots. Never, according to him, play the ball off the middle of the stance for those shots around the green. The PM 2.0 played off the front foot with the clubface open has been a great addition to my game for those times I have short-sided myself.
That video is amazing! I watched it prior to going to #TheGrandaddy and it has worked well with wedge shots, especially with these wedges.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s the technique that I use as well. Served me very well at Hideaway. I usually have some difficulties chipping and pitching off fairways and almost always use a lower lofted wedge in that situation but never had a problem with this wedge in the desert. Baked out thin grass fairways of the munies I play back home will be another test I look forward to tackling.

You guys are making me buy a PM 2.0 58 when launched.

You guys are making me buy a PM 2.0 58 when launched.

It's totally worth it! This and the putter are what I'm most excited to get back on the course with.

Made the decision.

54 & 58 will be in the bag. Putting the True Temper Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx shafts in them.

Made the decision.

54 & 58 will be in the bag. Putting the True Temper Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx shafts in them.

Nice! I’m for sure in for a 58 at some point. Most likely a 54 too.

Made the decision.

Bro, I just finished telling a buddy that my playing partners are about to be pissed. These wedges are just showing out. Like point and shoot. It's unreal. I've NEVER in my life been this confident around the greens. Ever!

Bro, I just finished telling a buddy that my playing partners are about to be pissed. These wedges are just showing out. Like point and shoot. It's unreal. I've NEVER in my life been this confident around the greens. Ever!

The OG PM grinds were legit. I learned my lesson moving on from them too soon. Won’t happen again

Want one but afraid I'll do the same thing again with the OG PM - trade it in again.

That’s the technique that I use as well. Served me very well at Hideaway. I usually have some difficulties chipping and pitching off fairways and almost always use a lower lofted wedge in that situation but never had a problem with this wedge in the desert. Baked out thin grass fairways of the munies I play back home will be another test I look forward to tackling.

Had my best success with hinge and hold - need to review Phil's old videos and go back to it.

I loved my original 60/10 from everywhere; around the greens, in the rough, and in the fairway. I had the appropriate amount of spin, but the new version might have more, but I'm willing to take that chance.

Back