2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I like the medallion actually.

Do wish they would have taken lofts down to 50 though, but that’s just me.

The satin looks good as ever.

I am with you. I wish they made it in a 50 as well. I am really tempted to get a 60 degree.

I've only taken one full swing with my 60* and it did not go well. The Hideaway is still probably trying to fill in that divot. To be fair I think I would do that with any 60* wedge so I'm not a great person to give feedback. Done of the guys got the PM in lower lofts and should be more help.

My thoughts on full swings - I think you really need to use the bounce on these wedges. Screw the lag, just relax and let it go, shaft more vertical at address. It's a balance. Spin? On new wedges, always incredible. I remember the first shots with the SM7 at the Titleist event - skip, stop. But I do like the surface texture and added spin tech on these PM wedges for opening up.

I am tempted ... but the look is so unusual. I think Phil needs that high toe because he opens so much and that face is laid down so much that he needs that very high toe or he'd whiff the ball. Mere mortals? Don't know.

I have 3 dets of wedges, Edel, Ping 2.0 Stealth and SM7 Raw Hand Ground coming in, yet a 60 in the PM is intriguing. If they had Nippon as an option, I'd already try one ...Oh, gosh, they do have Nippon Pro Modus 125! $35 extra ... Hmmmm.

Good luck on full shots.

I need to get to a demo day this spring and see if I can get on with the look. I had the original PM and ... returned it. 2.0 looks better, especially in slate to my eye - darker makes it look smaller.

Last edited:

I’ve hit a 54* bent to 52* and it was glorious. Spin and bite but with distance

I’ve hit a 54* bent to 52* and it was glorious. Spin and bite but with distance

I need that 48/49 range though, but, its OK, plenty of options in the sea.

Hoping someone next month in SC has one of these for me to try though.

How are these on full swings?
I still think you have to keep weight forward on full swings with this to get these distance. If taken 3/4 to full swings a hand full of times and when weight was kept forward, it's a beautiful sight. If not, the divot is canyon like.

I still think you have to keep weight forward on full swings with this to get these distance. If taken 3/4 to full swings a hand full of times and when weight was kept forward, it's a beautiful sight. If not, the divot is canyon like.

Dude the divots this club makes is unreal. Supers are going to hate the trenches dug with these.

first foray with this club is in the books. about 45 minutes at the short game area. ground is really soft right now after a lot of rain. the grass is struggling, so it's clumpy in some places, and very grainy. the green is also super firm and slopes hard from front right to back left. basically, it's a really challenging area.

my pm 19 is 58/12. swingweight d3-d4, stock kbs hi rev 2.0 115 shaft, mcc+4 green to match the paintfill in the head :)

at address, this thing is so weird. it looks enormous, and was not confidence inspiring to me. as big as it is, the leading edge did seem to sit very close to the ground. that made me feel like i had to pick it perfectly, so if you're into that kind of thing you may love the look. but in soft conditions to tucked pins, it gave me the willies.

first 15-20 minutes saw some discouraging results. lots of really fat contact. very little spin, even on shots that seemed to be hit out of the middle.

but then something kind of clicked, and i started to get a good feel for how to engage the bounce. i saw some excellent shots with super spin, and plenty of ability to move it up or down. i do not enjoy hitting flop shots, but i tried them and saw more success than my previous 60. by the end of the session, i had to pry myself away because i was having a lot of fun.

then next test will be full swings. based on the feedback in here and the little i saw practicing today, i think they will pose a pretty big challenge. that leading edge is SHARP, so i don't think there is much help when you come in a bit behind the ball. i'm thinking my 54 w grind will be used far more in the 40y - 100y range, and i probably will only use the pm grind around the green and out of bunkers.

Last edited:
first foray with this club is in the books. about 45 minutes at the short game area. ground is really soft right now after a lot of rain. the grass is struggling, so it's clumpy in some places, and very grainy. the green is also super firm and slopes hard from front right to back left. basically, it's a really challenging area.

my pm 19 is 58/12. swingweight d3-d4, stock kbs 610 115 shaft, mcc+4 green to match the paintfill in the head :)

at address, this thing is so weird. it looks enormous, and was not confidence inspiring to me. as big as it is, the leading edge did seem to sit very close to the ground. that made me feel like i had to pick it perfectly, so if you're into that kind of thing you may love the look. but in soft conditions to tucked pins, it gave me the willies.

first 15-20 minutes saw some discouraging results. lots of really fat contact. very little spin, even on shots that seemed to be hit out of the middle.

but then something kind of clicked, and i started to get a good feel for how to engage the bounce. i saw some excellent shots with super spin, and plenty of ability to move it up or down. i do not enjoy hitting flop shots, but i tried them and saw more success than my previous 60. by the end of the session, i had to pry myself away because i was having a lot of fun.

then next test will be full swings. based on the feedback in here and the little i saw practicing today, i think they will pose a pretty big challenge. that leading edge is SHARP, so i don't think there is much help when you come in a bit behind the ball. i'm thinking my 54 w grind will be used far more in the 40y - 100y range, and i probably will only use the pm grind around the green and out of bunkers.

We went with a similar setup and I’m thinking same thing for usage re: full swings. Let my other wedges take care of those 100 and in shots and use this bad boy around the green and from green side bunkers. Can’t wait to get it in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went with a similar setup and I’m thinking same thing for usage re: full swings. Let my other wedges take care of those 100 and in shots and use this bad boy around the green and from green side bunkers. Can’t wait to get it in hand.

have you gamed pm grind before?

Chris,
I have found around the green to choke down some (2") on the 62 and it is automatic, but boy if you get cute a 4" divot is possible. I have actually hit it over a 50ft tall tree from about 10 yards back and landed on the other side of the tree. It is crazy

my pm 19 is 58/12. swingweight d3-d4, stock kbs 610 115 shaft, mcc+4 green to match the paintfill in the head :)

That's extremely similar to my experience. At ECPC it was pretty soggy around the green and the first few swings were fugly. Once I got the hand of it though I could flight it and pull off just about any shot. The Hideaway was super soggy day 2 and I never had an issue with it digging in, bounce is our friend!

And I completely agree with the looks, it's not a pretty girl. It looks like something I would use to flip pancakes on the griddle with.

You could have someone round off the leading edge ... I've ... ahem ... done it, but not on a PM. I once went to a local clubmaker for some clubs who did a lot of wedge grinding for PGA Touring pros - apparently, rounding off the leading edge of a wedge was quite popular. This was early 00's.

Last edited:
How are these on full swings?

I haven’t had any issues using it full swing though I rarely do so. If you tend to get a little steep I have found it can “dig”.

after some fun on the short game area today, i decided to see what all the fuss was about in full swings. interestingly, i hit some really awesome shots that went the right distance. not much higher than i expected, but dead on line. i loved it! we'll see what it does on the course when it matters, but i this may end up being a solid option for full swings, which is a huge surprise.

I am looking forward to trying mine out tomorrow and Monday. I am no where near as skilled as most of you but it will be fun. I did a little chipping in my house and i really like the completely grooved face on these. They feel nice in hand also.

per Dnevs this morning, Callaway customs will be offering these up for customization on march 15th.

Patiently waiting for confirmation on the 58°/12 shipping email. :waiting:

Got in a round this morning and the 62 keeps teasing me, some stellar shots then lay then sod over one. It is a lot more sensitive than I expected.

I have found that my normal procedure to hit behind a ball in a bunker by 1-2" results in a huge splash of sand and the ball going 6 ft, slide this sucker under the ball (with a wee bit of sand) and it pops out and does the happy dance. (spins like crazy)

Get cute and and it goes 30 yds over the green, coming off the high bounce New Level that had me freaked out this one is much more friendly when you just thump it down behind the ball and nice things happen.

All technique of course (mostly bad on my part) and I am relearning my wedge game again...really not sure I want the 54* now.

54/58 on the way. Put the Black Elevate Tour in them. Should be fun matching the irons

i am FAST falling in love with this club. i have an md4 from my splurge earlier this month that i haven't even hit a ball with because this club is so damn fun. feels super soft, i'm just so impressed by how well this can be flighted even at a higher loft. still not seeing as much spin as my previous gamers, but that is still kind of tbd until i get some rounds under my belt.

anyone get the stock utx grip on their PM Grind? The texture and softness of the grip seems new and nothing like previous versions of the utx.

I got them on all my GD clubs because I liked the feel on the wedges during our fitting. Your description is right on. They are soft and tacky and nothing like the original UTX corded. I thought they were kind of similar to S-techs.

Got mine in while I was out of town this week. No time outside with it yet but I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with this one as I loved the original.

Obligatory pics
592aef58f99eff8bd136f2cd3aa154c4.jpg

69a321a39bcbce4a5c0961dd2179ebc0.jpg

4d62203da6f2cd94294da34a082b4667.jpg

Already looks good in the bag with my GD clubs!
32b98dfd9c049fd33564c0cef2cc30ee.jpg

I got them on all my GD clubs because I liked the feel on the wedges during our fitting. Your description is right on. They are soft and tacky and nothing like the original UTX corded. I thought they were kind of similar to S-techs.

Thought it felt a little softer. Guessing that's something with the newer versions? Of course I could just be crazy or coming from the MCC +4s... Getting the blue UTx on my Apex 19s so hopefully they match up.

Back