2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

after some fun on the short game area today, i decided to see what all the fuss was about in full swings. interestingly, i hit some really awesome shots that went the right distance. not much higher than i expected, but dead on line. i loved it! we'll see what it does on the course when it matters, but i this may end up being a solid option for full swings, which is a huge surprise.
I've had a few full or almost full shots that worked out fine for me so I'm glad I'm not the only one. I took a big swing and hit one over a small tree right in front of me out of the rough that was dead straight at the flag...got an unlucky bounce and release but I was able to do what I needed with it without issue.

per Dnevs this morning, Callaway customs will be offering these up for customization on march 15th.
That's awesome. Thanks for that cool bit of news, Alex!

54/58 on the way. Put the Black Elevate Tour in them. Should be fun matching the irons
Oooooh, that should look awesome.

Another great practice round with these in the books. Really focused on that last 80-100 yds and in this year and my confidence inside 80yds is higher than it's ever been due to these wedges. I'm learning to focus on pace and make sure accelerate through the ball and not from the top on my full-ish shots. I had a bit of the shanks a week or so ago and these will make you pay dearly since a shot off the toe still flies. Looks like I've worked it out and my 54° is a comfortable 65-75yd club on Fuller swings and 50-60yd club on pitch shots. My 58 covers everything within 50yds unless the life feels too tricky.

I LOVE these wedges!

after some fun on the short game area today, i decided to see what all the fuss was about in full swings. interestingly, i hit some really awesome shots that went the right distance. not much higher than i expected, but dead on line. i loved it! we'll see what it does on the course when it matters, but i this may end up being a solid option for full swings, which is a huge surprise.
Interesting. I struggle with it on full shots. Did you do anything different with ball position or set up?

Interesting. I struggle with it on full shots. Did you do anything different with ball position or set up?

not a thing. just tried to stay really level through the swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t usually like the cosmetics of Callaway clubs but their wedges are beautiful. They look perfect.

Played my first round with these today and I will say they are awesome. I had 4 different chips that just went up and checked up. I got to try the 60 from the sand also and the ball just came right out. On the last hole a par three I left the ball 15 yards short of the green but had a lie in the thicker grass. I took the 60 to see if I could just pop it up on the green and it just seemed effortless. I have a lot of work to do on technique but these wedges inspire confidence in me.

Played my first round with these today and I will say they are awesome. I had 4 different chips that just went up and checked up. I got to try the 60 from the sand also and the ball just came right out. On the last hole a par three I left the ball 15 yards short of the green but had a lie in the thicker grass. I took the 60 to see if I could just pop it up on the green and it just seemed effortless. I have a lot of work to do on technique but these wedges inspire confidence in me.

Effortless is a great term to use with these wedges. Nice feedback on your first day out with them!

Effortless is a great term to use with these wedges. Nice feedback on your first day out with them!

Thanks and I love the big grooved face when looking down. I can’t wait to get some serious practice time in soon with them.

Thanks and I love the big grooved face when looking down. I can’t wait to get some serious practice time in soon with them.

Comfort is king when it comes to scoring clubs, I’m with you man, I love looking down at the face on these.

There is a great Quick Six with DNevs coming to the home page this week on this line.

Tour Grey is going to be a nice upgrade to the original.

There is a great Quick Six with DNevs coming to the home page this week on this line.

I look forward to that one!

i swear every time i pick this club up, it gets better and better. spent some time around the chipping area. it went well. and the feel is so freaking soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Effortless" is a good mental space to be in with wedges! I hope (and bet) they keep delivering for you.

Great feedback and effortless is a great description. Once you get used to them you will like them even more!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great feedback and effortless is a great description. Once you get used to them you will like them even more!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Played another 18 today and I just love these wedges. 3 out of the sand with he 60 and one was about 30 yards which was pinhigh and just stopped. I had multiple opportunities to use the 56 out of the very thick rough today. All of those shots were within 45 yards and that club put me on the green 4 times. I tried the 60 for a pitch up and hit the green but way short of the pin. I did make the mistake of trying the 56 for bump and runs when I normally use my 52. I bladed it back and forth a few times lol.

If I get time I’ll be testing these out Saturday. If not, it’s only a matter of time before they make it to the bag.

I came so close to pulling the trigger on a 54 or 56. I held off as I just picked up a new driver and irons should be here tomorrow. I am definitely interested!

I have to guard against getting too steep with this club otherwise I can take some massive beaver pelts.

I have to guard against getting too steep with this club otherwise I can take some massive beaver pelts.

This is a big key with this one. Get too steep and the shots will be ugly and less than optimal.

I think we all want to spin the ball and get too steep, but if you shallow out the swing the head will impart more than enough spin.

Last edited:
This is a big key with this one. Get too steep and the shots will be ugly and less than optimal.

I think we all want to spin the call and get too steep, but if you shallow out the swing the head will impart more than enough spin.
I came away from the last round thinking I need to use the sole to maximize the usefulness of the wedge.

Back