2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

As a sweeper, I will be curious to see how this does on full shots.

if you're a sweeper, i think you would get on really well with this club. the leading edge sits so close to the ground, and when the bounce engages you will get great launch and spin conditions.

Add me to the list of new residents of Flopadopolis

57f924905ab0a212f600baee2dd58f47.jpg

if you're a sweeper, i think you would get on really well with this club. the leading edge sits so close to the ground, and when the bounce engages you will get great launch and spin conditions.

Thanks for the insight. My bet is you are correct and I look forward to trying it.

back to the range for full swings with this today. the range is so freaking awful by my. a clump of grass here or there, but mostly just dirt and weeds. that really tests the quality of the strike, and i admit to struggling more with this tonight. i did hit some nice songs, and appeared to be able to stretch the distance out to about my 3/4 54* distance. in the air you can see this thing spinning like a damn top. and i love the feel of a well-struck shot.

it's really shocked me how quickly i have come to embrace this club, as out there as the design looks to the eye. the grandaddy guys all said the same thing, and offered assurances, but you never know till you have it behind the ball. i gotta say, for someone who struggles with the short game, this club is remarkably user friendly.

Anybody have input on the 58 degree PM-19?

what kind of input are you looking for? that's what i have, and in my initial practice has been so much fun. i have a round this sunday, and should get in some good work with this wedge.

back to the range for full swings with this today. the range is so freaking awful by my. a clump of grass here or there, but mostly just dirt and weeds. that really tests the quality of the strike, and i admit to struggling more with this tonight. i did hit some nice songs, and appeared to be able to stretch the distance out to about my 3/4 54* distance. in the air you can see this thing spinning like a damn top. and i love the feel of a well-struck shot.

it's really shocked me how quickly i have come to embrace this club, as out there as the design looks to the eye. the grandaddy guys all said the same thing, and offered assurances, but you never know till you have it behind the ball. i gotta say, for someone who struggles with the short game, this club is remarkably user friendly.

Think you could get away with a PM 2.0 56* as highest lofted club?

Think you could get away with a PM 2.0 56* as highest lofted club?

maybe, but i'm not very comfortable laying the blade wide open. i much prefer a squarer face. so i need some extra loft to work around the greens.

All input I’ve provided in the thread is about the 58. It’s a great club and better than its predecessor.

It's phenomenal. It's probably my favorite club in my bag. It spins like crazy and is very versatile. I can use it inside 60yds, from the bunker and from the fringe.

As a sweeper I appreciate this post. :thankyou:

Look what I just bought, channeling my Phil Mickelson with a PM19 60.

Hope I can hit it about 75 yards to replace my SM7 58D that I hit 80. My 54 goes 90 so we’ll see what happens. Heading to the field now. Lol.

e98ca3c50da62e378d9e5ce6f5801519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m already thinking about a 54 degree PM19 too.

Look what I just bought, channeling my Phil Mickelson with a PM19 60.

Hope I can hit it about 75 yards to replace my SM7 58D that I hit 80. My 54 goes 90 so we’ll see what happens. Heading to the field now. Lol.

e98ca3c50da62e378d9e5ce6f5801519.jpg

Looking forward to your thought. Mine will be here on Tuesday

Looking forward to your thought. Mine will be here on Tuesday

My quick thoughts just hitting some balls on a baseball field today is I'm buying the 54 degree too. I love this wedge, I don't think it's too big, fits my eye nice. I also don't think I need to flatten the lie as I normally go a little flat on my irons but we'll see on that. The sound/feel was soothing and I think I can flight this wedge no problem so I'm going all in with a 54/60 without even trying it in a bunker yet.

Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't miss a shot off some hard pan and then wet snowy turf today so why not. I love the feel and flight. Plus I do like going all Callaway on my CF16 5-AW to the PM grinds wedges.

My quick thoughts just hitting some balls on a baseball field today is I'm buying the 54 degree too. I love this wedge, I don't think it's too big, fits my eye nice. I also don't think I need to flatten the lie as I normally go a little flat on my irons but we'll see on that. The sound/feel was soothing and I think I can flight this wedge no problem so I'm going all in with a 54/60 without even trying it in a bunker yet.

Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't miss a shot off some hard pan and then wet snowy turf today so why not. I love the feel and flight. Plus I do like going all Callaway on my CF16 5-AW to the PM grinds wedges.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to my 60 degree showing up on Tuesday. I loved the original PM grind so I have high hopes for the new version.

Update. Just ordered a PM19 54 degree from Callaway, I'm nuts officially. Lol.

First round with ElGuapo and man I never knew how many times I needed this guy. So many different shots that the dude can make. I should have been bagging a PM a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thinking a 54* bent to 53/52 might be happening soon.

First round with ElGuapo and man I never knew how many times I needed this guy. So many different shots that the dude can make. I should have been bagging a PM a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome to team PM Grind! :D Glad it's working so well for you, man.

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

where has this club been all my life???

first hole i hit a good drive, crappy approach but had a good lie for a little pitch to set up birdie. i almost whiffed, but hit a dead right toe shank into the bunker. and proceeded to hit a high soft bunker shot and make the par putt.

i tried two full swings, neither of which were great. but around the greens this is like cheating. it is just flat out awesome. so awesome in fact that arccos had my short game at a 1.7 today. for anyone who has played with me (paging @obedt), chipping is the worst part of my game. not with this tool in my bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back