2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Got tired of waiting for my custom ordered PM Grinds to arrive (it’s been 6 weeks) and still not shipped. Our Callaway rep is horrible. Walked into golftown yesterday and picked up a 54 and 58. Unfortunately, no 64 in left hand. If my custom order does ever ship, I can return the store bought ones. Still snow outside anyways but getting impatient.

Having played the previous generation the last couple of years, really like the changes on the new version and I do think the offset is a welcome addition for those full shots. I found that the previous version would leak a little so the new offset should fix that.

Originally ordered the chrome finish but picked up the tour grey (I think it looks fantastic). For those that have had limited time playing the tour grey, how’s the finish holding up so far?

Just few rounds on mine and finish is about gone off the bottom and the faces are all scratched up, if you are worried about the finish just take them back it will not last at all.

Got tired of waiting for my custom ordered PM Grinds to arrive (it’s been 6 weeks) and still not shipped. Our Callaway rep is horrible. Walked into golftown yesterday and picked up a 54 and 58. Unfortunately, no 64 in left hand. If my custom order does ever ship, I can return the store bought ones. Still snow outside anyways but getting impatient.

Having played the previous generation the last couple of years, really like the changes on the new version and I do think the offset is a welcome addition for those full shots. I found that the previous version would leak a little so the new offset should fix that.

Originally ordered the chrome finish but picked up the tour grey (I think it looks fantastic). For those that have had limited time playing the tour grey, how’s the finish holding up so far?

They look sooo much better in person.

a89db12c2a4de29c505b0a8e3bd95f43.jpg

Just few rounds on mine and finish is about gone off the bottom and the faces are all scratched up, if you are worried about the finish just take them back it will not last at all.

Thanks. Callaway rep just emailed me and my custom order for the chrome pm grinds with recoils shipped today. The tour greys are going back!

They look sooo much better in person.

a89db12c2a4de29c505b0a8e3bd95f43.jpg

I’m thinking I’m going to have to reshaft my pm grind with elevate like yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like Phil is the only Callaway staffer gaming these. All I hear is great things about these, so I’m just a little confused as to why more guys are not gaming. It seems like a lot of TaylorMade staffers are gaming the Hi-Toe.

It seems like Phil is the only Callaway staffer gaming these. All I hear is great things about these, so I’m just a little confused as to why more guys are not gaming. It seems like a lot of TaylorMade staffers are gaming the Hi-Toe.

Less choices would be my first thought, but the MD4 is still in line and more traditional.

Does anyone have pics of the smoke finish after a few rounds outside?

Less choices would be my first thought, but the MD4 is still in line and more traditional.

MD4 is a great wedge. I just can’t wrap my hands around it that more staffers don’t give them a shot. Phil swears by them. I’m just guessing the look just turns them off.

So yesterday I booked an hour at a trackman and hit a bunch of PM19 54 and PM19 60 to get my full shot yardage. Happy to say full shots are in line with what I was getting with my Vokey 54/58. I'm at about 90 yards with a SM6 54 and PM19 54. 80 yards with SM7 58 and 75 yards with PM19 60 so very happy. These will gap just fine with my CF16 AW at 105 so all good.

I did notice afterwards looking at both PM wedges I was hitting towards the toe on both so that's an adjustment I'll need to make. Probably due to the size difference from the Vokeys.

All I need now is this snow to melt so I can hit some bunker shots etc. to see how they work around the greens for me. So far so good.

Wasn’t sure if I posted this picture yet. Love the way it turned out as I was doing some loft lie checks

1d1e0b03306ca1cf6ff7a2ca024d51c9.jpg

Does anyone have pics of the smoke finish after a few rounds outside?

These might be tough to see hey are wearing which doesn’t bother me at all. I have 6 rounds on these and a lot of practice.

Attachments

• 066621D7-7653-4DA5-9B99-A945D62D1BC3.jpeg
    066621D7-7653-4DA5-9B99-A945D62D1BC3.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 502975E1-C346-4FBD-BED9-740CB8C937B1.jpeg
    502975E1-C346-4FBD-BED9-740CB8C937B1.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3
I hit my 58° at my lesson yesterday and he has a simulator. I was hitting just awesome hop and stop shots with this wedge. Really excited to get this and the 54° wedge coming out on the course. Even my coach said that the wedge looked good in the sim.

My order for a PM 54* is backorder 2 weeks, so I'll see it 3 weeks after I order.
Seems they had a run on 54* and they are backordered on heads.

Doesn't bother too much. Expected on the first wedge and got it sooner so everything balances out.

My 54 is still on back order too. But it was nice out yesterday so I was able to chip some balls around the backyard for a few minutes. Only hit about 20 very short chips, but initial impressions are it is super simple to open the face of this club up and make good contact. Did not have one thing or duffed shot. And I haven’t hit outside since October so that’s saying something.

The more I use the PM grinds the better they get. Takes some getting used to but wow the variety of shots capable are amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The more I use the PM grinds the better they get. Takes some getting used to but wow the variety of shots capable are amazing

Are you liking it more for partial and full swings or more around the green?

I use the 54 for out to about 100 and the 58 mostly for green side sand and chips around the green.

I played 9 today for the first time I'm months due to the excessive rain. The PM grind was a challenge. It wasn't the club. It was the rust. I didn't really start grooving it until the last 3 holes but once I did, I remembered why I love these clubs. You definitely have to keep your weight forward and swing through but the spin is unreal when you do. Once I did, I unlocked some of the forgiveness of this club and it to me back to those days in December at the Hideaway playing with @mpeterson. It's so good!

I played with both the CS and the ERC today and in these soft conditions the CS was either landing and plugging or landing and rolling back a few inches. The ERC actually gave me some of the roll out I was looking for. The spin on the CS was just too much today but I'll remember that for warmer days with firmer greens.

I played 9 today for the first time I'm months due to the excessive rain. The PM grind was a challenge. It wasn't the club. It was the rust. I didn't really start grooving it until the last 3 holes but once I did, I remembered why I love these clubs. You definitely have to keep your weight forward and swing through but the spin is unreal when you do. Once I did, I unlocked some of the forgiveness of this club and it to me back to those days in December at the Hideaway playing with @mpeterson. It's so good!

I played with both the CS and the ERC today and in these soft conditions the CS was either landing and plugging or landing and rolling back a few inches. The ERC actually gave me some of the roll out I was looking for. The spin on the CS was just too much today but I'll remember that for warmer days with firmer greens.

There's forgiveness, but that was some of the best wedge play. The green side picture I have of you chipping on is one of my favorite golf pictures I've ever taken. We were definitely ham and egging it in alternate shot with the wedge and putter. If that was an 18 hole match we would have taken it and that wedge would have been a big part of it.

There's forgiveness, but that was some of the best wedge play. The green side picture I have of you chipping on is one of my favorite golf pictures I've ever taken. We were definitely ham and egging it in alternate shot with the wedge and putter. If that was an 18 hole match we would have taken it and that wedge would have been a big part of it.
Agree 100%. We were hitting our stride when that match ended. I'd go to war next to you and those hybrids and putter any day of the week. Irons we're dialed in too!

Question please. Noticed mention of "grabby". I work a lot on using bounce, proper release etc but work in progress.

Is PM19 worse at digging vs previous version or the same?

I often/usually play in soft conditions. I used the old higher bounce PM 56 bent to 57 for a while as my lob wedge, but went back to 58. The problem was (still is) that the same bad/wet conditions for pitch shots also makes our bunkers pack in like concrete. I finally settled for using my Ping 54 open faced for max bounce and the PM 58 for sand and pitches if turf is decent.

It’s about the same or a little better than the old version as far as digging goes. Proper technique helps a lot.

Question please. Noticed mention of "grabby". I work a lot on using bounce, proper release etc but work in progress.

Is PM19 worse at digging vs previous version or the same?

I often/usually play in soft conditions. I used the old higher bounce PM 56 bent to 57 for a while as my lob wedge, but went back to 58. The problem was (still is) that the same bad/wet conditions for pitch shots also makes our bunkers pack in like concrete. I finally settled for using my Ping 54 open faced for max bounce and the PM 58 for sand and pitches if turf is decent.

I tried the previous version for a short period of time and hated it. I also struggled with digging the leading edge in to the ground and couldn't get the hang of it. This model was much better for me. The bounce really seems to do its job and is super easy to use around the green. The ground was quite wet when we played and I maybe had one shot where I dug but that was all me. With that said it had been at least a year in between trying the or model vs. the new but I feel much better with this version than the previous.

I'm starting to expand my repertoire with the PM Grind and I'm really happy I'm doing it.

At first I solely used my PM 60 around the green (where it excels!) And even then only for open face shots. From there I started using it for some square-face chips & pitches and discovered it also excels there, just make sure to keep the shaft leaning forward and strike ball first.

Lately I've been using it on some longer shots up to 50 or 60 yards, usually with an open face. These are a TON of fun to hit with it and they give me ridiculous stopping power.

Back