2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I'm starting to expand my repertoire with the PM Grind and I'm really happy I'm doing it.

At first I solely used my PM 60 around the green (where it excels!) And even then only for open face shots. From there I started using it for some square-face chips & pitches and discovered it also excels there, just make sure to keep the shaft leaning forward and strike ball first.

Lately I've been using it on some longer shots up to 50 or 60 yards, usually with an open face. These are a TON of fun to hit with it and they give me ridiculous stopping power.

I love using my 58 for those square face chips around the green. It's almost automatic if I keep that weight forward and maintain shaft lean like you said. The shots out of the fringe are some of my favorite with this iron.

Going from U to C grind is significant change. U grind (ping calls it es) and high toe are most of the uniqueness of the original ping eye design.
My understanding of U grind PM is it had little leading edge bounce, lots of trailing bounce but leading edge stayed low even with open face. Great for sand, but fairway shots with lots of shaft lean didn't get much bounce.
C grind has heel toe relief for open face shots. Different. According to Callaway c grind easier for moderately steep swings i.e. more effective bounce.

Once again these wedges perform. Chipping and pitching was not bad and felt good. I ended up in the sand and I was 3 for 3 getting out with the 60! I holed the last sand shot out for a bogey. Solid wedges even for a beginner like myself.

First round in the books with the 58˚ and I'm certainly impressed. Was able hit it everywhere that I'd normally hit my 60˚. No big surprise there coming from the OG PM Grind, but the confidence I have with this thing is fantastic. Regular pitch shots and open face stuff was pretty much there other than one i skulled across from the fairway neck on 14, I was really happy with my performance. Was even able to hit a shot from about 70 yards that left me with a good chance at par. I also had a missed green where my ball was backed up to some bushes. Took a super steep swing and was able to pop it out onto the green and two putt for bogie. I think there is some potential for digging if you get too aggressive with these, but no more than any other wedge for me. I've been trying to focus on using the bounce where possible and this club certainly makes that easy.

Hit a bunch of 54 and 60's at the driving range yesterday and even off the matts I was able to flight these low no problem. I noticed the same thing last week with my trackman numbers. I think it's because of the offset which so far has me plenty excited.

Looks like the course I play will be opening up Wednesday so look forward to playing these this weekend for the first time.

Are these forged?

Are these forged?

I was pretty dead set on the TM Hi-Toe or Ping Glide 2.0 Stealths but after talking to some buds they told me i had to try these. The dark gray looks good to me.

Are these on the softer side or firmer side? I prefer a soft wedge and my SM7 aren’t that.

Thanks. Callaway rep just emailed me and my custom order for the chrome pm grinds with recoils shipped today. The tour greys are going back!

They finally arrived! Looks like it was worth the wait as they look fantastic with the recoils. Courses are set to open at the end of the month so I’m excited to get them going.

Also, how are these on full shots? Looking at a 54° that would bend to 53° and a 58°.

Also, how are these on full shots? Looking at a 54° that would bend to 53° and a 58°.

Full shots on these are effective, if you’re careful, if you get out of sync they will dig on you, but that’s coming from a very high handicapper, so consistency is something that doesn’t exist in my game. As long as you make ball first contact these work just fine on full shots.

Full shots on these are effective, if you’re careful, if you get out of sync they will dig on you, but that’s coming from a very high handicapper, so consistency is something that doesn’t exist in my game. As long as you make ball first contact these work just fine on full shots.

You almost have to pick it or have a shallow divot on full shots. These work best with 3/4 or 1/2 shots and let that spin shine.

You almost have to pick it or have a shallow divot on full shots. These work best with 3/4 or 1/2 shots and let that spin shine.
I agree with this 100%. Full shots can be hit but timing and delivery need to be impeccable and many golfers will get too agressive and deliver the club in a way that will either dig or hit it thin.

Got a couple swings in last night on the range and while it wasn’t pretty, contact was consistent which is what I’m looking for

727fc1802cc61d833b7594b38b98a5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a couple swings in last night on the range and while it wasn’t pretty, contact was consistent which is what I’m looking for

727fc1802cc61d833b7594b38b98a5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, you had one of these in the bag? Lol

fine, just don't get too steep. if your miss is fat, i'm not sure this is the club for you on full swings.

My 54 will be back ordered until April 5th, but that’s ok. I’ll just have to get acquainted with the 58 in the mean time.

Hmm, the digging comments scare me. I hardly ever use a 58° on full shots but would use a 53° or 54° quite a bit.

Back