2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

These make me feel like my short game is back, whether it is or isn’t. I just feel like I know what I’m doing with these.

2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

So I have the 54 & 58 a good workout today. I had a few sand shots where the 58 bailed me out. Granted I have to make a good swing can but it performs as advertised.

The 54 was the work horse inside of 100yds. I had a few 80yd, 60yd and greenside chips. As long as I commit to the swing the results are there.

Again this one needs a committed swing. It will not mask poor swings or deceleration at impact like other wedges might. Also a few times I looked at the face and saw a ball mark up on the face and towards the toe. Solidified that these are the right wedges for my bag

Last edited:
So I have the 54 & 58 a good workout today. I had a few sand shots where the 58 bailed me out. Granted I have to make a good swing can but it performs as advertised.

The 54 was the work horse inside of 100yds. I had a few 80yd, 60yd and greenside ships. As long as I commit to the swing the results are there.

Again this one needs a committed swing. It will not mask poor swings or deceleration at impact like other wedges might. Also a few times I looked at the face and saw a ball mark up on the face and towards the toe. Solidified that these are the right wedges for my bag

I miss there plenty when playing out of tall grass, which is why I'm always inclined to keep one in the bag. Need to get some bunker practice in with mine.

Had a shot with this one today. Full swing with the 54°. Landed beautifully after a towering flight and dropped an ERC within a couple feet of the pitch mark, about 3 yards longer than I needed, but it was just pretty.

Then a couple holes later I got lazy and dug one into the turf. The results were less good that time. These are demanding on the longer shots, but lots of fun for the short stuff.

Had a shot with this one today. Full swing with the 54°. Landed beautifully after a towering flight and dropped an ERC within a couple feet of the pitch mark, about 3 yards longer than I needed, but it was just pretty.

Then a couple holes later I got lazy and dug one into the turf. The results were less good that time. These are demanding on the longer shots, but lots of fun for the short stuff.

What was that distance on the full shot? Curious how these are being used on full shots distance wise

What was that distance on the full shot? Curious how these are being used on full shots distance wise

Right at 100 yards for me. Full swing, choked down 1/2”.

I liked this picture.

d99dce00ef65c3ccaf47ac68b3309287.jpg

I feel like whenever I have a shot with a wedge from any type of lie around the green I pick the PM. I love the huge face at address.

I liked this picture.

d99dce00ef65c3ccaf47ac68b3309287.jpg
I LOVE this shot! Was this pic compressed? It's about to become my wallpaper, but wasn't sure if there was a higher res version?

This wedge has forced me to refine my short game even further. Worked on ball placement, weight placement, release, knockdowns, flops....the full monty. The 54° and 58° are amazing wedges when weight and ball placement are optimal. I'm having a blast with these! You can still hit thin bullets and dig ditches if your setup isn't correct, but that's what I've been working on most and it's better than it's ever been for me. The spin I'm seeing is unbelievable (for me) I'm so excited about golf this year.

Skim alert: anyone using this wedge with a *gasp* graphite shaft? If so, I'm curious how the transition was from a steel shafted wedge to graphite--specifically control wise on tricky pitch and chip shots around the green?

I wanted to like this club but after seeing it in person I couldn't get over the size. It is too much like a shovel for my eye at address.

I wanted to like this club but after seeing it in person I couldn't get over the size. It is too much like a shovel for my eye at address.

it absolutely looks bizarre behind the ball. but i would encourage anyone to test it first if possible. because for me, one session and i got over the looks. then it was all about performance and figuring it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skim alert: anyone using this wedge with a *gasp* graphite shaft? If so, I'm curious how the transition was from a steel shafted wedge to graphite--specifically control wise on tricky pitch and chip shots around the green?

Not with this one, but my previous wedges I had the UST wedge protos and don’t have any issues. Heavier weight worked well with the wedges and zero control issues

I am and I actually prefer it. I feel like it gives me a little more spin and better feel. I would definitely say it's not giving up anything to a steel shaft for me.

I have recoils in mine to match my irons and love the feel I get compared to steel (which my older gen pm grinds had). These wedges are even better and I feel I can hit any type of shot with them.

I hit this club today on par 3 where I was just off on the 2nd cut. I was playing an ERC Soft and hit it so pure that the ball landed and bounced to the left. I mean had so much spin it just shot to the left. Rolled out a little bit but made the putt for par. It was impressive to see.

Recoil F3s stepped hard for me. No issues at all coming from still shafted wedges. I feel like I can go after it a bit more with out hurting myself.

Flops and flops and flops.

I love this wedge.

Flops and flops and flops.

I love this wedge.

“Good thing you’ve got that ****ing PM Grind”

You with this wedge is a guarantee that we won’t be be gambling on the course any time soon.

It’s hard not to smile with these in the bag. I’m still getting used to the leading edge/bounce, but this club is bailing me out and allowing me to scramble and take big numbers out of play.

This wedge has forced me to refine my short game even further. Worked on ball placement, weight placement, release, knockdowns, flops....the full monty. The 54° and 58° are amazing wedges when weight and ball placement are optimal. I'm having a blast with these! You can still hit thin bullets and dig ditches if your setup isn't correct, but that's what I've been working on most and it's better than it's ever been for me. The spin I'm seeing is unbelievable (for me) I'm so excited about golf this year.
I'm gonna say it again! This thing is like cheating 50 yards and in. I hit it well on full shots but when you get 50 and in and right around the green you might as well pick the ball up walk up to the green and place it where you want bc this is exactly what's going to happen with your shot and don't get me started on green side bunkers! These things just scoop it out with so much ease and the ball lands so soft.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The bolded is so true. Weight forward, proper ball placement and a committed swing unlocks all the unicorn magic this wedge has.

Back