2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Hmmm, these look a little Ping Eye 2 in shape to me, especially that extra offset - and that's a good thing, imo.

Consider my interest well and truly piqued.
Yes. That has been mentioned a few times, and it is a good thing

Don't intend to crash the party as I've owned a PM grind - great out of the bunker and around greens, but that HIGH toe. I traded it iin. If they could only cut it down - I like my wedges a little more svelte looking - but like the take on the Ping Eye 2 grind and the Edel grooves out to the toe. Best of all worlds except for Phil's freakin' too high toe. Wish they had a more conventional version.

The high toe is very intentional though. It’s there because a lot of people have a high toe miss, this club provides a lot of forgiveness for those people. It’s not for everyone though.

That is a super high toe...guess I need to see it in real life. The grooves all over are throwing me a bit to. Again....guess I need to go to store to look.

I just got a few MD4's so not in market but curious how those that have played it like the look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed it but what finishes will be offered with this club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome & Tour Grey per the Callaway site.

I also played the original PM Grind and the new 2.0 is vastly improved IMO.

Version 2.0 spins way more. And has way more feel and better sound. It is still not to MD4 level but it is very close.

I prefer the new modified x grind on the 2.0 to the old PM grind as well. The old one had a flat bottom that made it a little tough chip on tight lies. In the past I would use my 52* degree off tight lies for that reason. At the Hideaway the PM Grind 2.0 was used for every shot around the green with phenomenal results. I am an average scrambler and at the Hideaway I was almost lights out. I am really looking forward to gaming this wedge this year and hope the performance I have seen so far continues.

Sorry if I missed it but what finishes will be offered with this club?

9ee05a16d3e7beaa9572fcc19c52c672.jpg

fac29809e8a4beca9b2dfa3a863d7261.jpg

Here is a pic of the tour grey with the old PM grind in chrome.

It might be time to bag a PM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great feedback and photos so far. This is the only no brainer of the year for me so far. Super happy with my current wedges but LOVED my OG PM Grind. One of these in 58˚ or 60˚ will be ordered sight unseen most likely.

t72QJqB.png
I loved the original too but I can tell you these are a significant improvement over the first iteration. The subtle offset, the new groove patterns and the feel are just so good!

Rogt , Wedges:
52* MD 4 S Grind, 56* PM Grind, 60* PM Grind, Shafts Nippon Modus 120’s
What can I say here, other than the new PM grind wedges are incredible, during fitting I tried the MD4 for a couple chips and then Cap. Frank said you’ve got to try the new PM wedge. I went over to the bag found a 56* and headed back to the practice area. Looks this is a newer Hi Toe wedge design, never playing one before, the design did not bother me at all, I figured more surface area more contact area. There is also new groove tech on the face of the PM grinds all the way out fully covering the complete face. The lead edge at address is where this one will help me this year, it just sits tight to any lie, firm or soft conditions. When chipping with it I did not scold anything, which is a problem with chipping for me, everything was picked clean. Moved to the collar no problem, moved to the rough, no problem the ball just came out perfectly from every lie. I decided to move to the sand trap because this would be the loft I use most, again not a single problem, square or opening the face up to add more bounce the ball splashed out of the sand. I climbed back out and walked by Cap. And his PM grind was in a death grip he was smiling and said I am not letting go of this bad boy, I agreed 100% this will change my wedge game and many others. It comes in Chrome and Smoke finishes, I decided on the Smoke finish and sitting in the bag they just stand out, and performance during the Hideaway play was phenomenal, my chipping was spot on and the checking power of these new grooves was incredible, and my sand saves were great, the zoo crew members I played did not like me much thinking a advantage for them with me being in the bunker, not with this wedge. I ended up getting both the 56* and 60* in Smoke to put in my Grandaddy bag. If they release a 52 I will probably purchase one to try. I normally use my wedges for chipping or on 95-yard shots, 75-yard shots or the Phil Michelson Flop shot, now perfect for I have his wedge design. I will post more as I play off and on dependent upon weather and then also all year about my experience with the PM wedge.
97201652ab7979fd1e2c78e46f47cf95.jpg
867c34b3b50c974523b59accd0f7af60.jpg
825bb6c18dcc0ee1e051ec39611ed939.jpg
6a132ca034d64753c67d48cae654242d.jpg
f03ca82c7679b298ac33221f91537fae.jpg
love the last pic it reminds me of the old MD that use to scuff the ball the grooves were so good. These are even better.

Rogt , Wedges:
52* MD 4 S Grind, 56* PM Grind, 60* PM Grind, Shafts Nippon Modus 120’s
What can I say here, other than the new PM grind wedges are incredible, during fitting I tried the MD4 for a couple chips and then Cap. Frank said you’ve got to try the new PM wedge. I went over to the bag found a 56* and headed back to the practice area. Looks this is a newer Hi Toe wedge design, never playing one before, the design did not bother me at all, I figured more surface area more contact area. There is also new groove tech on the face of the PM grinds all the way out fully covering the complete face. The lead edge at address is where this one will help me this year, it just sits tight to any lie, firm or soft conditions. When chipping with it I did not scold anything, which is a problem with chipping for me, everything was picked clean. Moved to the collar no problem, moved to the rough, no problem the ball just came out perfectly from every lie. I decided to move to the sand trap because this would be the loft I use most, again not a single problem, square or opening the face up to add more bounce the ball splashed out of the sand. I climbed back out and walked by Cap. And his PM grind was in a death grip he was smiling and said I am not letting go of this bad boy, I agreed 100% this will change my wedge game and many others. It comes in Chrome and Smoke finishes, I decided on the Smoke finish and sitting in the bag they just stand out, and performance during the Hideaway play was phenomenal, my chipping was spot on and the checking power of these new grooves was incredible, and my sand saves were great, the zoo crew members I played did not like me much thinking a advantage for them with me being in the bunker, not with this wedge. I ended up getting both the 56* and 60* in Smoke to put in my Grandaddy bag. If they release a 52 I will probably purchase one to try. I normally use my wedges for chipping or on 95-yard shots, 75-yard shots or the Phil Michelson Flop shot, now perfect for I have his wedge design. I will post more as I play off and on dependent upon weather and then also all year about my experience with the PM wedge.
97201652ab7979fd1e2c78e46f47cf95.jpg
867c34b3b50c974523b59accd0f7af60.jpg
825bb6c18dcc0ee1e051ec39611ed939.jpg
6a132ca034d64753c67d48cae654242d.jpg
f03ca82c7679b298ac33221f91537fae.jpg
love the last pic it reminds me of the old MD that use to scuff the ball the grooves were so good. These are even better.

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The high toe is very intentional though. It’s there because a lot of people have a high toe miss, this club provides a lot of forgiveness for those people. It’s not for everyone though.

You are correct, of course. My reading over the years is that Phil needs that high toe when he opens up to extremes, as he is purported to do. I tend not to open up the wedge that much ... but the grooves like Edel - genius when you open up - you get grooves. Of course, it is tempting because I love to flop... err, I mean hit the flop. I flop well on my own at times on the course.

1035884a323010ce0f4c7532a9b07f7c.jpg

54,56 and 69 to be had.
ac1560bb226ee71b6ce26fcc4ad9e168.jpg

69 may be a bit much for Roger Cleveland - you meant 60. If not, the world is ending soon.

Sergio explaining some wedge work.

e5868846fa6a0483c20806973b2bea8f.jpg

Loooking at other wedges that didnt have the high toe, there were more marks there than i originally thought. I love the OG version of the PM grind, so I am sure the 58* will at least be in the bag and maybe the 54*.

Any epic Bunker shot stories from Team THP?
At the practice area on fitting day I holed several out of the bunker. So far it has been more of a star around the greens for me, just haven't had that many bunker shots to hit (thank you Apex '19s). The highlights were a 45 ish yard shot that allowed me to get up and down and win a hole against Ian and Ethan, then holing out with it form the first cut on the #1 rated hole in my singles match against Harry for birdie, net eagle.

not gonna lie, i've hated the looks of this wedge from the first time they released. then when they got copied by another company, i hated that too. and i hate this one as well.

BUT, i've never heard anybody say the design doesn't perform. so, this may be the year i dive in and give one a try. i can't envision taking full swings, but these days i hate my current 60 so much i barely full swing it either. i'm living on the extreme toe of my 60, so maybe this pm grind is the answer i need.

Back