2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

If in nothing else but your 58° or 60°, they are just silly good man.

i couldn't hit a PM farther than 20 yards if my life depended on it. Which sucks because the OG pm grind has special meaning for me.

not gonna lie, i've hated the looks of this wedge from the first time they released. then when they got copied by another company, i hated that too. and i hate this one as well.

BUT, i've never heard anybody say the design doesn't perform. so, this may be the year i dive in and give one a try. i can't envision taking full swings, but these days i hate my current 60 so much i barely full swing it either. i'm living on the extreme toe of my 60, so maybe this pm grind is the answer i need.
Don't lean on it for full swing shots and you will be very happy. I never even considered the original PM Grind because of the shape, too. It was happenstance that I put my hands on it and tried it at the fitting center. But once I did it was like "Wow!"

I haven't yet tried to use it on a full swing. The way that my bag is built I just dont need it to fill that role, but I'll be sure to report back when I do give it a try.

I have hit full swings with both my 54 and 58 and I have hit some impressive wedge shots! A lot better than I have before, but they are even better when down to 3/4 and below shots. I have been shooting some darts with these clubs!

not gonna lie, i've hated the looks of this wedge from the first time they released. then when they got copied by another company, i hated that too. and i hate this one as well.

BUT, i've never heard anybody say the design doesn't perform. so, this may be the year i dive in and give one a try. i can't envision taking full swings, but these days i hate my current 60 so much i barely full swing it either. i'm living on the extreme toe of my 60, so maybe this pm grind is the answer i need.

Don't lean on it for full swing shots and you will be very happy. I never even considered the original PM Grind because of the shape, too. It was happenstance that I put my hands on it and tried it at the fitting center. But once I did it was like "Wow!"

I struggled with full shots on the OG as well, hence only carrying it in the LW spot. For touch shots and anything you wanted to open the face for though, it was great. Like cheating out of the bunker. All of the new stuff looks great, but the PM2 will be the only thing I order without hitting.

QUOTE=itsOpeningDay;5978429]Any epic Bunker shot stories from Team THP?[/QUOTE]

i couldn't hit a PM farther than 20 yards if my life depended on it. Which sucks because the OG pm grind has special meaning for me.
You tried the new one? What works for me is keeping my weight forward the entire time and it flies.

I have hit full swings with both my 54 and 58 and I have hit some impressive wedge shots! A lot better than I have before, but they are even better when down to 3/4 and below shots. I have been shooting some darts with these clubs!
Quoted for truth.

You apparently don't know how to blade a wedge like me

You tried the new one? What works for me is keeping my weight forward the entire time and it flies.

Yes I did and just wasn’t happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You apparently don't know how to blade a wedge like me

I’ve been known to have that shot in my bag out of bunker once or twice a round

Yes I did and just wasn’t happening

It's definitely won't be for everyone, especially those who like a traditional shape and many might need more bounce options. Glad you gave it a go though.

That's a lot of offset. It reminded a bit of the old Cleveland VAS. However full shots with my first gen PM wedges were sometimes there and sometimes not. My only complaint. 3/4 shots and around the green they were money. These look so much easier to hit full shots with. I'm gonna buy them for sure. If I can get more consistency from the full shots this could be a game changer for me.

Hello gorgeous.
4e38de34f6702b3ac2cce3fe73bc5b5c.jpg

I'll be back in here in a few with some thoughts...

Thank you for posting this pic. Exactly what I was hoping to see.

465531a75426d6d2beda47aac639e255.jpg

Original PM Grind

3e88eb4930ab217ae77164cb579d5514.jpg

Md4

99ebc4ca37d65f91f81e8df85614f5e2.jpg

New PM Grind
New groove in groove designed to get more spin and control on shots when opening the face.

This is a great comparison shot here. You mentioned in a later post these were not quite up to MD4, where you referring to feel or spin?

I’m very interested in testing this out in 54 and 58.

I struggled with full shots on the OG as well, hence only carrying it in the LW spot. For touch shots and anything you wanted to open the face for though, it was great. Like cheating out of the bunker. All of the new stuff looks great, but the PM2 will be the only thing I order without hitting.

This is exactly how I'll use mine too. I don't trust myself with it enough to take a full swing.

This is exactly how I'll use mine too. I don't trust myself with it enough to take a full swing.

I’m trying to cut back on full swings in general with my wedges, so I don’t anticipate any issues. I do think I’m going to stick to the MD4 for my 54° & eventually 50° spot though.

I’m trying to cut back on full swings in general with my wedges, so I don’t anticipate any issues. I do think I’m going to stick to the MD4 for my 54° & eventually 50° spot though.

That's a great setup. I went AW In the Apex Pros, and 56* with the MD4.

So there I was, standing in the bunker testing the PM Grind's ability to get out of the sand when all of a sudden...

Well, I'm not sure. Suddenly I woke up in the bus :beat-up:

I just chuckled out loud a little

This is a great comparison shot here. You mentioned in a later post these were not quite up to MD4, where you referring to feel or spin?

I’m very interested in testing this out in 54 and 58.

I was referring to feel. It still feels really really good though.

I don't have any spin numbers but the 2.0 is not lacking in the spin department either. I would suspect it is very equal to the MD4 in spin.

I think everyone on Team THP would agree with me, well at least 10/12, you guys need to give this wedge a try. I may be biased because i gamed the OG but you can not argue with the success and performance the majority of us saw during our time in the desert. During signs after i went up and down for like the 4th time AJ was came up to me and wanted to try the wedge. Up until that point he was reluctant to even try the 2.0 and after all the success i was having with it he finally broke down and hit it right there on the spot.

I was referring to feel. It still feels really really good though.

I don't have any spin numbers but the 2.0 is not lacking in the spin department either. I would suspect it is very equal to the MD4 in spin.

I think everyone on Team THP would agree with me, well at least 10/12, you guys need to give this wedge a try. I may be biased because i gamed the OG but you can not argue with the success and performance the majority of us saw during our time in the desert. During signs after i went up and down for like the 4th time AJ was came up to me and wanted to try the wedge. Up until that point he was reluctant to even try the 2.0 and after all the success i was having with it he finally broke down and hit it right there on the spot.

Cool thanks!

I was a fan of the original just never got to spend much time with it. Definitely want to try these out. I hit a lot of shots on towards the high toe when I’m opening up the face.

You know me and i dont full swing my wedges. This one in the 58* is magic around the greens and as automatic out of a bunker as it gets. Paired with the right shaft it will work wonders. I had the Tour Issue S400 in the previous version and loved it.

I know the look isnt for all and it's the first thing we have to be comfortable with addressing a club. I will say the more this one is in play, the more you ignore the look and just love the results.

Back