2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Yep!

e7ba5ab6851bae4e3d165d801efd3d22.jpg

holy!!! that's savage Phil!!!

You know me and i dont full swing my wedges. This one in the 58* is magic around the greens and as automatic out of a bunker as it gets. Paired with the right shaft it will work wonders. I had the Tour Issue S400 in the previous version and loved it.

I know the look isnt for all and it's the first thing we have to be comfortable with addressing a club. I will say the more this one is in play, the more you ignore the look and just love the results.

So much truth in that last sentence. When I first started gaming the original PM Grind a couple years ago, I wondered how well it would work for 'normal' wedge shots. A few rounds in I almost holed a wedge shot out of the rough from about 70 yards and knew I didn't need to wonder any longer. If you can focus on and commit to your shot and not worry about how pretty the tool is, you can do anything with these wedges I bet. There will even be times when you look at the face after a shot and see grass in areas where you wouldn't normally have grooves (such as high toe) and be even more thankful you have a PM Grind.

So much truth in that last sentence. When I first started gaming the original PM Grind a couple years ago, I wondered how well it would work for 'normal' wedge shots. A few rounds in I almost holed a wedge shot out of the rough from about 70 yards and knew I didn't need to wonder any longer. If you can focus on and commit to your shot and not worry about how pretty the tool is, you can do anything with these wedges I bet. There will even be times when you look at the face after a shot and see grass in areas where you wouldn't normally have grooves (such as high toe) and be even more thankful you have a PM Grind.

That toe gets a workout more than we realize, having the grooves that high is a huge benefit.

I fell in love with them today when there was a bag of all the new stuff sitting in the pro shop. They were all demo units but man the PM grind in the gray finish is just sick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm intrigued by the grooves covering the entire face, not sure if I'm a fan or not of that visually but definitely helps for off-center strikes.

I'm intrigued by the grooves covering the entire face, not sure if I'm a fan or not of that visually but definitely helps for off-center strikes.

the visual is my biggest concern too. just looking at the pics the guys are posting, i'm thinking "how the hell are you supposed to swing that thing?" it's why i won't buy it until i can try it outdoors.

I love my PM grinds wedges and I want to get my hands on these ASAP!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9ee05a16d3e7beaa9572fcc19c52c672.jpg

fac29809e8a4beca9b2dfa3a863d7261.jpg

Here is a pic of the tour grey with the old PM grind in chrome.

The tour grey looks sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t speak to the versatility and ease of use for my 58* enough. As I think back to today’s round there were 50 yard low stop and hop type shots, traditional 50 yard Pelz shots, short sided chips to kick in distance, a 25 yard shot from a deep bunker with wet concrete sand, standard chip shots, etc. This club is just flat out money.

I can’t speak to the versatility and ease of use for my 58* enough. As I think back to today’s round there were 50 yard low stop and hop type shots, traditional 50 yard Pelz shots, short sided chips to kick in distance, a 25 yard shot from a deep bunker with wet concrete sand, standard chip shots, etc. This club is just flat out money.

how long did it take you to adjust to it? just a little time on the practice area at ecpc? or several rounds? did anyone at callaway give you tips/pointers on how to effectively use this particular club vs a normal wedge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how long did it take you to adjust to it? just a little time on the practice area at ecpc? or several rounds? did anyone at callaway give you tips/pointers on how to effectively use this particular club vs a normal wedge?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Immediately while at ECPC, all within that first 40 - 50 minute fitting session. It was just stupid easy to do everything with.

One thing I notice on chip shots right now is when the ball takes it first bounce you can see it’s spin change. Truvis helps here but it’s cool to see the spin.

I almost never pay full price for any golf gear. I’d pay full retail for this wedge in a heartbeat.

As a huge fan of the OG PM grind, I like the looks and sounds of this one. I’d be curious to see the tweaks made to the sole/grind and even though I don’t open the face much, the diagonal grooves make a lot of sense to me. That gray finish though…

Looking forward to seeing this one.

Here is Katrek working on his Phil flop shot with it.

4eb7fac16d50c8a483cbd23867c7a9a4.jpg

So is the c grind they put on it this hear the same as previous years c grind? I believe it was different on the original PM wedge right?

So is the c grind they put on it this hear the same as previous years c grind? I believe it was different on the original PM wedge right?

I believe it’s a pretty similar grind to the MD4s. I don’t recall anyone highlighting any differences about the grind.

I'm not really sure in that but the turf interaction is so good. I remember having trouble digging with the original but haven't seen that at all with this one.

I'd love to try doing that. Hey @dazeedmonds, I need a volunteer.

I'm not really sure in that but the turf interaction is so good. I remember having trouble digging with the original but haven't seen that at all with this one.

Well that is nice to hear. I did not dig a ton with the old one but it did happen more than I wanted sometimes.

Also just noticed the pricing haha. That hurts for a wedge

I'd love to try doing that. Hey @dazeedmonds, I need a volunteer.

Talk to @pkorf he’s shorter than I am, and we want you to succeed.

Well that is nice to hear. I did not dig a ton with the old one but it did happen more than I wanted sometimes.

Also just noticed the pricing haha. That hurts for a wedge

It’s not way out of line for a new wedge, if I recall correctly most of the major OEMs wedges are in the $150-$170 range.

This thread will serve for reviews and discussion for the new 2019 Callaway PM Grind.

59fe057de27e577bb8d499409f780f80.jpg

Get in my bag now. Oh man

I love the medallion too. Super classy

I did that with my 9 yr old son a few years ago at the range ...

I heard someone say something about child abuse.

My son loved it ... the young, they trust so much.

I suggest an Almost Golf Ball - doesn't hurt anything when hit (see Amazon)

I am reserving judgment on the head until it's in my hands and I line it up.

Last edited:
I always like a good challenge though.

You might as well get @brianmk24 if that’s the case...haha! I’ll play along too, just don’t ask me to volunteer to be a target.

I’m 100% positive one of these end up in my bag this year, 58* flavor:)

Back