2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

That’s what I was thinking. Don’t want to do the pm under the lob. Still need those for the occasional full shot. I do love the s grind although the new x is very interesting for some versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stupidly didn't play around with different grinds a whole lot down there and kind of regret not trying out the X grind. I was afraid of getting too far out of my comfort zone and having issues throughout the season because of it.

With that said the PM Grind was way out of my comfort zone and I couldn't be happier.

Question for the 2018 Grandaddy Team, could you see a scenario where 56* PM wedge could be highest lofted club bag or do you thing you'd still need a 58* or 60* PM Wedge.

That’s what I’m going with this year: apex AW, MD4 54* and pm grind 2.0 56*. Going to be fun year

That's the route I went (in the 56* S Grind) and it seems to work out really well. It gives me the flexibility I need to hit almost any kind of shot and then I have my 60* for those big flop shots.

did you try the pm 54? i'm curious what type of flexibility the md4 gives you that the pm didn't/wouldn't.

did you try the pm 54? i'm curious what type of flexibility the md4 gives you that the pm didn't/wouldn't.

I did not and really it comes down to me mentally. At that 54/56* area I'm going to be hitting more full shots and having the PM Grind for full shots scares me a little bit but that's a mental thing for me. If you're someone that is comfortable with that shape/size in that spot I think it would be a really versatile club.

I did not and really it comes down to me mentally. At that 54/56* area I'm going to be hitting more full shots and having the PM Grind for full shots scares me a little bit but that's a mental thing for me. If you're someone that is comfortable with that shape/size in that spot I think it would be a really versatile club.

gotcha. i admit i think that shape is absolutely bizarre. but if it works, it works. i guess i'll need to find somewhere to try these for full swings AND short game shots.

Ok so I’m going to get a pm grind in the lob wedge... just trying to figure out what to do in the gap/55 ish range.

Md4?

Honestly, both the MD4 and PM grind are great offerings. I think they come down to preference and club delivery. I went PM grind in 54 and 58, but could have easily gone with the MD4 in the 54.
I too went the same route as @dacatalyst41 and couldnt be happier but the md4s are a great choice as well. And I agree with the preference and delivery comment. My recommendation would be to try both if u are able to at a simulator or something and then make a choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m going with this year: apex AW, MD4 54* and pm grind 2.0 56*. Going to be fun year

Almost same for me...58* PM 19 though...and I'm really comfortable with that setup.

Make the 56* a 58* and that setup matches mine. I've been very happy with it, think you will be too

Make the 56* a 58* and that setup matches mine. I've been very happy with it, think you will be too

I couldn’t hit a 58* 40yds if my life depended on it. I’m hoping the 56* will work.

Pre-order in. 58˚ with the Tour-V 125.

I ran the numbers and with a matching shaft and grip to my irons it is a $200+ wedge...ooooph

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ran the numbers and with a matching shaft and grip to my irons it is a $200+ wedge...ooooph

Yeah I was pondering the Nippon wedge shaft but without being fit I didn't want to spend the extra dough. I know the Tour V works for me. I'm also going back to UTx this year so the grip was easy.

I couldn’t hit a 58* 40yds if my life depended on it. I’m hoping the 56* will work.

Oh man I love my 58. I can hit that thing full swings but from 40 to 50 in with a half swing this thing is money!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes. Pre-ordered the 54, 58 and 64 with recoils to match my set and price was $628 cdn.

Apparently, they should arrive Feb 11th or 12th just in time for my trip to Palm Springs. Hopefully, they get here in time.

Yeah, but wth your special shafts and grips all of your clubs cost some coin :alien:

Not a special shaft, TT elevate stiff (should be stock) and GP New Decade +4 align ($10)

Not a special shaft, TT elevate stiff (should be stock) and GP New Decade +4 align ($10)

Weird that it is $200 then. Shipping and taxes???

What’s the upcharge? $20?

$25 is what the website says, so $195 then add taxes $207.67

What’s the upcharge? $20?

Does any other Callaway staffer besides Phil game these? I’ve still not seen one PM grind on the course, I do see the Hi-Toe once in a while. I want to try these out , but damn they are huge.

Elevate is not stock in any wedge

Does any other Callaway staffer besides Phil game these? I’ve still not seen one PM grind on the course, I do see the Hi-Toe once in a while. I want to try these out , but damn they are huge.

Never heard of anyone else using them.

I hit a handful of really great shots around the green today with the PM60. I let a couple playing partners try it and the consensus was that "It's ugly as heck, but dammit it works so good around the green."
-Saved par on #1 after a great pitch from a greenside collection area.
-Chip from 15 yards off the green hit the pin (should have dropped) and bounced out to 6 inches for a par save on #6.
-Chip from 20 yards off the green settled to 5 ft and led to a par save after taking a penalty on #8.
-Solid bunker shot on #9 to 10 ft from about 30 yards. Failed to convert the par save.
-Chip to 4 inches from short sided in the rough on #18 for a par save.

Also, in the interest of full, complete, and honest feedback - I attempted a full swing with the PM 60 from 100 yards. I will not be attempting that ever again lol. I hit it clean (maybe a tad thin) and the ball landed pin high before spinning back 15 feet and way down off the green into a collection area. I don't have the ability to control the spin with this wedge AT ALL.
Yes our greens are very wet and soft right now which I'm sure contributed as well.

Back