2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

Still loving my 54°. I’m almost as good as @kev with mine.

Reshaft is done. Time for some fun

7099c4d68503b267cefd814e2f9d75d4.jpg

bafbc048d8d7f36b5535e704f622526c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s round was a mixed bag with my PM 60*. I hit a few great pitches and a few that came up short due to the unexpected height I got. I also skulled one in a bunker and got stuck. I opened it up but perhaps that made it bounce up into the ball, or I slid into it and got ball first. Either way I just need to get some practice in with it before my next round.

Initial range session didn’t go well with 54*. Seeing of straight to right ball flight that I’m sure if it was me coming in open or the club lie off. Either way yardage was seriously lacking.

Range work with my wedges today was promising. Left hand driving and weight to the front were the only swing thoughts and I was seeing consistent flight when struck well and thin spinny lower flights on misses. Still all down the target line. Left hand control seems to have eliminated the lefts for me. This is the PM grind I fell in love with. Very few fat shots today as I was getting that weight transitioned correctly.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I hit about 100 balls this morning on the chipping green. I focused heavily on following through and not decelerating through impact and the results were great. I did dig on a few but the club came out fine with a monster divot. I also hit plenty of bunker shots and i did the same thing with great results. Looking forward to my next round.

I sucked SO bad on the course today that this club saw a lot of action. This wedge is a star. I love the versatility it offers and how easily it handles every shot from any condition.

I sucked SO bad on the course today that this club saw a lot of action. This wedge is a star. I love the versatility it offers and how easily it handles every shot from any condition.

I never thought I needed a 60* wedge but I'm not sure I'll ever be without a PM Grind again. This thing is stupid versatile.

I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these.

Yep, a 58 or 60 to round out the bag will be nice. And then a 64 to mess around with on the range.

The more I use these, the better I like them. And I already liked them a lot to start with. Had one short sided bunker shot that I got up and down with the 58. Almost made it look too easy. Had another 70 yard shot in on a par 5 that I stuck to 10 feet with my 54.

This morning I was practicing bunker shots at the range, and I could not hit a bad one. Club face open, club face closed, they were all coming out smooth and landing soft.

So long as I commit to the shot, my PM19 60* and I get along just fine. I’m thinking about upgrading my 50* & 56* soon to either the new CBX or adding another PM. Possibly going to go 48 & 54 this time. I’ve only seen a 54 PM once in hand. Am I right in saying that there’s less offset and the leading edge is squarer?

I’ve gamed a lot of wedges and been happy with nearly all of them. This one is at a different level. I don’t see myself not having a PM grind in the bag.

Yep, a 58 or 60 to round out the bag will be nice. And then a 64 to mess around with on the range.

I’d worry about the landing the ball in same divot I just made with a 64 degree! That ball would just go straight up and straight back down haha

I’d worry about the landing the ball in same divot I just made with a 64 degree! That ball would just go straight up and straight back down haha

Gotta make sure to get your face out of the way when it's on its way up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gotta make sure to get your face out of the way when it's on its way up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know the looks on these aren’t for everyone, but I can’t see any reason for these to leave my bag. When you actively route for a shot to get in the bunker because you know getting up and down is more probable than not.

5 rounds of golf and I tested all kinds of bunker shots (we won’t talk about #16 at Edgewood). I was either leaving myself kick in putts or putts that were not very long. A few of the guys I played with commented on how well these work out of bunkers also.

It’s an all around great wedge if you commit to the shot and don’t decel. These wedges and soft hands around the greens make short game life a lot easier.

I know the looks on these aren’t for everyone, but I can’t see any reason for these to leave my bag. When you actively route for a shot to get in the bunker because you know getting up and down is more probable than not.

5 rounds of golf and I tested all kinds of bunker shots (we won’t talk about #16 at Edgewood). I was either leaving myself kick in putts or putts that were not very long. A few of the guys I played with commented on how well these work out of bunkers also.

It’s an all around great wedge if you commit to the shot and don’t decel. These wedges and soft hands around the greens make short game life a lot easier.

For standard bunkers I agree with you here, my ability to be a little more bold has definitely gone up knowing that I've got a solid chance of getting out with a reasonably good swing from the bunker. Still doesn't fix some of the poorly cared for ones you see around here (hit the fabric liner on a bunker last weekend :bulgy-eyes:) but in normal conditions I'm pretty confident at this point.

my 58* pm19 has been in timeout for awhile. @zbeekner4 expressed an interest in trying mind before the grandaddy, so i decided to give it one last hurrah before mailing it off tomorrow. the first 3 balls dropped were a perfect example of what this club is in my hands. ball #1: blade long, would have gone into the hazard on the opposite side were it not for the thick rough. ball #2: samesies. ball #3: high soft pitch to a couple inches.

and that was pretty much the story for the next 45 minutes. yes i hit some really excellent shots that came off with tremendous spin, high and soft, and felt excellent. and i also hit lots of "others."

what keeps standing out to me is that my contact is almost always in the center of the face. but the results are all over the place. i'm not very consistent in the bottom of my arc around the greens, and this wedge exposes these flaws more than anything i can recall.

my 58* pm19 has been in timeout for awhile. @zbeekner4 expressed an interest in trying mind before the grandaddy, so i decided to give it one last hurrah before mailing it off tomorrow. the first 3 balls dropped were a perfect example of what this club is in my hands. ball #1: blade long, would have gone into the hazard on the opposite side were it not for the thick rough. ball #2: samesies. ball #3: high soft pitch to a couple inches.

and that was pretty much the story for the next 45 minutes. yes i hit some really excellent shots that came off with tremendous spin, high and soft, and felt excellent. and i also hit lots of "others."

what keeps standing out to me is that my contact is almost always in the center of the face. but the results are all over the place. i'm not very consistent in the bottom of my arc around the greens, and this wedge exposes these flaws more than anything i can recall.

Dang, I didn't want to read this, I was going to put my back in the bag this weekend, now it's going to rattling around in my head.

Dang, I didn't want to read this, I was going to put my back in the bag this weekend, now it's going to rattling around in my head.

i legit had to stop myself from snapping the club in half, i was so frustrated. next 5 or 6 shots were perfect. then it shite started back up again. it's crazy man. feast or famine with this thing.

I’ve been missing the 60 yard skull in my game lately. Haha

But seriously I’m anxious to put this one into play. Messing around with these at the pga store, I don’t initially love the look but I want to like them and see what people love about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been missing the 60 yard skull in my game lately. Haha

But seriously I’m anxious to put this one into play. Messing around with these at the pga store, I don’t initially love the look but I want to like them and see what people love about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went through their online wedge fitting tool and it recommended a 64 degree version. I am really on the pondering now. I have always been a 52, 56, 60 guy. But, I have been rotating a 64 in place of my 60 for a few years now. It says 52, 58, 64 and I am really thinking that could be a great fit in the bag.

Mclovin - I get it with the practice. I guess the question is if not this then what would you game?

Mclovin - I get it with the practice. I guess the question is if not this then what would you game?

a more traditional wedge with a softer leading edge. this thing takes beaver pelts out of the practice area, whereas my more traditional 56 does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back