2019 Callaway PM Grind Wedge

I have a 56 and 60 and absolutely love these. Use them all the time and have never skulled one and haven’t chunked any, chips pitches and full shots. These things are amazing on full shots for me

a more traditional wedge with a softer leading edge. this thing takes beaver pelts out of the practice area, whereas my more traditional 56 does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s so weird how players differ. You take big divots and I love the leading edge/bounce bc I can be digressive and not take huge divots.

Last edited:
my 58* pm19 has been in timeout for awhile. @zbeekner4 expressed an interest in trying mind before the grandaddy, so i decided to give it one last hurrah before mailing it off tomorrow. the first 3 balls dropped were a perfect example of what this club is in my hands. ball #1: blade long, would have gone into the hazard on the opposite side were it not for the thick rough. ball #2: samesies. ball #3: high soft pitch to a couple inches.

and that was pretty much the story for the next 45 minutes. yes i hit some really excellent shots that came off with tremendous spin, high and soft, and felt excellent. and i also hit lots of "others."

what keeps standing out to me is that my contact is almost always in the center of the face. but the results are all over the place. i'm not very consistent in the bottom of my arc around the greens, and this wedge exposes these flaws more than anything i can recall.

That's a bummer, but why we've got options. I've managed to find a happy place with this one, but I've still got an MD4 X grind in the basement just in case. Loving this thing out of the bunkers.

It’s so weird how players differ. You take big divots and I’ve the leading edge/bounce bc I can be agressive and. It take huge divots.

Divots for days... I almost feel bad using it around the practice chipping green.

Great showing with these yesterday. I only had a few miffs but several beautiful shots that left me putting at birdie. Even getting some grab on these Southern summer greens that don't seem to want to stop rolling. I'm a fan!

a more traditional wedge with a softer leading edge. this thing takes beaver pelts out of the practice area, whereas my more traditional 56 does not.

Makes sense. I’m a true sweeper and could probably play these on a green and no one could tell, just thinking of upgrading my 56 to a 54 to gap better w my new clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been doing pretty well with my RTX 60 as of later. Really looking forward to getting one of these in the bag.

Really loving my 64* around the greens. It’s money!

Course conditions have had me remove these from the bag, to firm of ground at home course, the bounce was playing havoc on my shots, couldn't get through the turf. Went to MD4 8* c grinds for now. But they go back in the bag when playing plush courses. The feel around the green and the big old high toe is a great look at address, and do they perform.

I swear these things are gold for me! No matter how much trouble I get in, I can pull this club out and most times put it within 5'.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I put my 2019 PM Grind back in the bag this weekend and I was able to use it without any "Flubs"
I think with the courses being more "Lush" now, it's easier to use than in the beginning of the year when the rough can be a little "Sparse"
It stays in the bag for now.....

Iceman!;n8874496 said:
I put my 2019 PM Grind back in the bag this weekend and I was able to use it without any "Flubs"
I think with the courses being more "Lush" now, it's easier to use than in the beginning of the year when the rough can be a little "Sparse"
It stays in the bag for now.....

I put mine back in the bag a couple of weeks ago and have had much better success than before. I still chunk one once in a while but I've been better about really committing to the shot and have better results most of the time. The 58 from the sand has saved me a few shots these last few rounds.

Forgive me if this is answered in the thread already but my search didn't find any hits on "length". I just picked up the 56 degree 2019 PM Grind wedge. The first thing I noticed was that it appears to be about 2-3 inches shorter than my old Ping Tour S 56 degree wedge that I'm replacing. Can anyone tell me the standard length of the 56 degree PM Grind wedge?

MagicSpell;n8876590 said:
Forgive me if this is answered in the thread already but my search didn't find any hits on "length". I just picked up the 56 degree 2019 PM Grind wedge. The first thing I noticed was that it appears to be about 2-3 inches shorter than my old Ping Tour S 56 degree wedge that I'm replacing. Can anyone tell me the standard length of the 56 degree PM Grind wedge?

https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/wedges/wedges-2019-mack-daddy-pm-chrome.html#product-specs

56 stock length is 35.25” per the site

Spent some time at the practice range today. The 58 (and 54) are just money for me out of the same. So effortless.

I just adore the 60 degree.

I have a GC coming to me at my local pro shop, so I may get one of these bad boys or the TaylorMade version. This one is a bit more non traditional looking compared to the Hi-Rev.
Have you guys tried both?

Well this experiment is over - Man has to know his limitations.
Just got me into too much trouble for what good it brought my game.
Traded it in on Rogue 4W.

Iceman!;n8880971 said:
Well this experiment is over - Man has to know his limitations.
Just got me into too much trouble for what good it brought my game.
Traded it in on Rogue 4W.

i hear ya loud and clear. mine was such a bother i shipped it up to georgia haha

that said, i’d be curious to see whether it would perform better with the short game work i’m doing with my instructor. less hinge, more rotation. i wonder if the chunks and skulls would lessen, and i’d be back to hitting high softies.

These wedges saved my tail tonight along with my Strokelab Vegas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

baylrballa;n8887724 said:

Darth Blader getting a run at the starting lineup.

Love that, but I don’t think you want to have wedge and blade in the same name haha.

Man was I struggling at the range today hitting to a 60 yard flag. I was trying half swings with my other wedges (48 and 52) and finding the heel and/or hosel consistently. Grabbed my PM Grind and hit 3 smack dab in the middle of the clubface with good results. I either need to practice my other wedges more or just keep pulling the PM out for anything less then 90.

Boder;n8887737 said:
Man was I struggling at the range today hitting to a 60 yard flag. I was trying half swings with my other wedges (48 and 52) and finding the heel and/or hosel consistently. Grabbed my PM Grind and hit 3 smack dab in the middle of the clubface with good results. I either need to practice my other wedges more or just keep pulling the PM out for anything less then 90.

That is such a good feeling. I need to make my way back to the practice area, to spend some more time. I only carry a 60* in these bent to 61.5 or so, and love it, but want to get that 1/2 shot down to attack some flags.

I ordered a new (to me) 54 in smoke off the Callaway preowned site - in like new condition which means it probably has the plastic on it.
Trading in my older 56 PM ($30) bit all in I think I'm getting it for about $85
Wanted to cover a bit more distance toward my A wedge since getting the new irons - and that 56 had seen lot's of love haha

Back