Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

The Epic Flash SZ apparently caught wind of my recent B21 flirting and had this to say

I hit some absolute bombs for me, reaching spots I don’t even get to in the middle of summer with dry fairways.

The Epic Flash SZ apparently caught wind of my recent B21 flirting and had this to say

I hit some absolute bombs for me, reaching spots I don’t even get to in the middle of summer with dry fairways.

Simply the best fairways ever made. They will grant you distance you didn’t think you had. All it takes is an easy smooth swing and they are rockets. My 3 and 5 are my savior club.

Simply the best fairways ever made. They will grant you distance you didn’t think you had. All it takes is an easy smooth swing and they are rockets. My 3 and 5 are my savior club.

yes yes......I added the 7 wood into the mix !!

My Flash SZ must have caught wind of my B21 wandering eyes and the recently announced Epic release because I was absolutely taking driver to pound town yesterday. On multiple occasions I reached summer distances, and this was on a very wet and muddy course. I caught myself salivating over where those drives would have gone in warm weather and firm fairways.

I’ve been driving the ball better than I ever have. While I like new and the idea of better acoustics and a clean crown I don’t want to mess with a good thing. Going to keep this in the bag for a while longer.

A couple of drives yesterday have me continuing to be thrilled with my Flash SZ.

An uphill short par 4 lasered to 275, uphill so playing at least 285. My drive ended up in a green side bunker (read: roll out was stopped), pin high.

Another short par 4, lasered to 285. My drive ended up about 3 paces from the from of the green,

55yo. No helping wind or elevation change. Can’t see far enough to know how much roll I was getting but ball flight was high so I don’t think it was a massive factor. Using Bridgestone e12 soft ball.

Despite having the sequel on order I still love this driver. I’m only replacing it because I’m not longer fighting the low spin draw/hook and want a head with lower loft.

This is definitely a fairway finder for me, I’m giving up a little distance with too much spin and not being able to take advantage of conditions that allow for a ton of rollout.

This driver has been in and out of the bag throughout the season, but I have found a comfort level with it lately. The internet golfer in me does think I should do a little shaft change, but I'm holding off on that. It's just been a solid performer. I've worked hard this year to minimize the left side of the course, and I've done that. It's gotten to the point that I can swing a little more freely and with that, I'm hitting some controlled, solid distance drives for me.

This driver has been in and out of the bag throughout the season, but I have found a comfort level with it lately. The internet golfer in me does think I should do a little shaft change, but I'm holding off on that. It's just been a solid performer. I've worked hard this year to minimize the left side of the course, and I've done that. It's gotten to the point that I can swing a little more freely and with that, I'm hitting some controlled, solid distance drives for me.

it is still the best driver out there for me. It spins as little as much as I needed to, and the ball speed retention on misses is pretty spectacular. The epic speed stuff is good, but wasn’t good enough

it is still the best driver out there for me. It spins as little as much as I needed to, and the ball speed retention on misses is pretty spectacular. The epic speed stuff is good, but wasn’t good enough

and with all that said, I can't wait to get some swings in with drivers next week.

and with all that said, I can't wait to get some swings in with drivers next week.
What kind of drivers??;)

I agree, I'm oddly curious about the Mizuno stuff just cause hey why not, right? Tour Edge? Hell yeah let's see what you got.

i've been pondering putting this back in the bag ... and trying all the shafts i've accumulated with it of course

Finished up my CC fitting and looks like my Max LS with Tensei Pro Orange is actually a super solid fit for me.

I have face/path issues and it seems like the solution was a bit heavier swing weight at D5.

Tried so many other drivers and setups and a few came close, but didn't really beat the LS. The triple diamond was actually quite close....was getting pretty wild efficiency out of it.

Has anyone seen or demo'd the Single Diamond Epic Flash SZ by chance?

Giving a Tour Certified Epic Flash a whirl:
1443647B-6FED-40C2-8012-70D26D465114.jpeg51A54D04-581C-45C4-A13C-D1077A702041.jpeg12D41D8C-F073-40E8-8685-2748F2098239.jpeg
Wonder if the 3 black dots is where the face was tested.

Last edited:
Back