Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got back from Myrtle beach yesterday, where I played my Ping G400Max for 3rounds. Such a solid driver.
    Upon arrival back home yesterday, I ran to the range to try my SZ trip diamond to get a feel for the comparison. The sound is def loud, aluminum bat like at times. The trip diamond is def fade biased as JMan pointed out. I can hardly hit a draw with it.....which I think I kinda like. The std SZ was def a little easier to hit a draw with. I can hit a nice small fade pretty consistently though. I was fiddling around with the settings and an extra 6g weight I had purchased. By adding the 6g weight, I did notice that it dulled the sound of the head a little, which is nice.
    Iím still debating if I want to add a Cally tip to my Rogue 130 shaft or sit tight for a bit. I did tip up an AD TP and a Fuji Tour Spec to try out in the head. I think Iíll keep working to dial this driver in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M6 10.5, Graphite Design AD IZ 6X
    RBZ Tour Issue, 18, Tour Blue 7X
    G410 19 hybrid, Tensai 85TX
    Apex Pro 4-PW, $-Taper S
    MG, 50, 54, 58, TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

Comment

• I purposely let the trade in bonus expire so I could not justify a Triple Diamand and of course now I regret it, might not have been any better but now I have to wait and buy a head only off the bay. The SZ is not as automatic as I would like lately, but that is me as usual.

When it is on man it does everything I need, but been seeing some pretty big swings in fairway or NOT even close which is vexing. I am real close to picking up another ATMOS black to plug in and see what happens.
      Callaway EPIC Flash SZ TD 9* GD AD BB 7X
      testing UST Mamiya Lin-Q 6F5 (thanks Obedt)
      Titleist TS2 15* PX Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
      Titleist TS2 21* Fuji Atmos red 6X
      Callaway EPIC Flash 11 wood Evenflow black 7X
      Callaway CF19 APEX Pro 5-AW PX Catalyst 100 6.0
      Titleist SM7 54* PX Catalyst 100 6.0
      Titleist SM7 58* PX Catalyst 100
      Toulon 19 Atlanta

Comment

• Went to the indoor range this weekend, and this was with the standard Epic Flash. This setup was standard 9* I believe and a Tensei Blue X. Switched it into the Sub Zero head and consistency was amazing. I have a driver fitting coming up this weekend. Any others I should keep an eye on seeing those numbers?

BioCell
        Super LS 15*
        Idea Super Hybrid 17*
        R9 TP 4-P
        CG-16's
        Ghost Spider

Comment

• Got a fitting coming for this vs rogue. I'm curious if anybody has any fairway opinions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Rogue Sub Zero 10.5
          Rogue Sub Zero 3W
          Epic 4H
          Steelhead XR 5-AW
          MD3 54S & 58S
          Pro Platinum
          Chrome Soft
          **A bad day golfing is better than a good day working.**

Comment

• I'm getting the itch to order something new and after that demo round I had I keep coming back to this driver. Might have to go give it some more swings since I only played the tensei blue when I tried it out. I still really like my rogue but the elimination of the fade by using the EF has me very interested.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            Rogue Driver 9*
            Rogue 3W
            Apex CF16
            MD4 Wedges
            EXO Marxman S

Comment

• Originally posted by jim54 View Post
              I purposely let the trade in bonus expire so I could not justify a Triple Diamand and of course now I regret it, might not have been any better but now I have to wait and buy a head only off the bay. The SZ is not as automatic as I would like lately, but that is me as usual.

When it is on man it does everything I need, but been seeing some pretty big swings in fairway or NOT even close which is vexing. I am real close to picking up another ATMOS black to plug in and see what happens.
              What numbers are you seeing now with your driver?

Testing Project X Catalyst 100g 6.0 shafts - Thank you THP/PX Crew

Proud Supporter & Captain of Team So. Cal. in the 2017 THP Regional Rivalry - So. Cal vs Nor. Cal.

Participant 2016
              Championship - TPC Las Vegas!
              Proud Winner of the custom testor shaft used for 2017 THCE w/ Project X
              Proud to be part of 2018 HandCrafted Experience with

sigpic

Comment

• Cant say it enough the EF is an absolute beast for me. I've been playing my home course for 5 years and have never been in the spots I keep seeing with the EF. I'm also no longer the shortest hitter, true some of that has to do with improvements in my swing, but some of it is the driver also.

I missed one fairway today and that was the crappiest shot I've put on this driver, skyed it 100 yards high and 80 yards long.

Being on the tee with confidence is pure awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                In my Sun Mountain c130S bag rolling on a ClicGear 3.5+
                Epic Flash 10.5 ProForce V2 HL
                Tour Edge Ex10 beta 3w
                Big Bertha 3&4 Hybrid(19*&23*) Recoil shafts
                Rogue irons 5-AW all black Recoil 760 shafts
                Mack Daddy forged 58*
                Glide 2 54*
                Stroke Lab EXO Marxman

sigpic

Comment

• I had a really good day driving the ball with the Flash Sub-Zero after a few so-so rounds with it recently. Hit 7/9 fairways I used it on. All things considered, this driver is the best fit for me and itís the most fun Iíve had with a driver since the Cleveland Classic.

I am fighting the urge to cut it down to 45Ē as it is currently playing at 45.5. I donít want to mess with a good thing and Iíve just been gripping down a bit, but when things get squirrelly, thatís where my mind goes.
                  Epic Flash SZ 10.5*
                  E8 Beta 16.5*
                  XR Pro 3i
                  J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold
                  50* Tour Trusty
                  SM6 54*/58*
                  Spider Tour Red
                  Ball: Bridgestone
                  Tour B X

Comment

• Still loving my EF sub zero. I have never hit the ball further and straighter in my life. If my trending HC holds I will have dropped a full stroke off my HC since getting this thing.

WITB

Callaway Epic Flash SZ set to 9.5 w/ HZDRUS Smoke 6.5 70g
                    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W+ w/ HZDRUS Smoke
                    Ping I500 3-PW w/ DG 120g
                    Titleist SM7 48
                    Titleist SM7 54
                    Titleist SM7 60
                    Odyssey O-Works #2 Putter
                    Pro V1 or Vice Pro+ Red

Comment

• So, I switched the setting to full draw and the sound changed dramatically on the sub zero. WAY louder.

Switched it back to neutral and back to a normal sound. That is wild.
                      In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
                      KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
                      Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                      KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
                      KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
                      RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
                      Super Rat

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadan View Post
                        So, I switched the setting to full draw and the sound changed dramatically on the sub zero. WAY louder.

Mine must be broken. Itís extremely similar in both settings.
                        WITB:
                        TaylorMade
                        - M6 9.0 -
                        UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
                        TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
                        PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
                        Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
                        Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
                        SWAG
                        - Tour Proto Savage Too -
                        Center-Shaft 373g
                        Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

So, I switched the setting to full draw and the sound changed dramatically on the sub zero. WAY louder.

this is exactly what happened to me and i posted it a while back.
                          Honored to have been the 2018 Assistant Captain in #TheGrandaddy of them all!

In My 2018 Team THP Grandaddy Bag

Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
                          Rogue 3 Wood Even Flow Blue 6.5
                          XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                          Apex Pro 19 5-AW Catalyst 100 6.0
                          MD3 56* S, 60* W
                          Garage San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by DNice26 View Post
                            Got back from Myrtle beach yesterday, where I played my Ping G400Max for 3rounds. Such a solid driver.
                            Upon arrival back home yesterday, I ran to the range to try my SZ trip diamond to get a feel for the comparison. The sound is def loud, aluminum bat like at times. The trip diamond is def fade biased as JMan pointed out. I can hardly hit a draw with it.....which I think I kinda like. The std SZ was def a little easier to hit a draw with. I can hit a nice small fade pretty consistently though. I was fiddling around with the settings and an extra 6g weight I had purchased. By adding the 6g weight, I did notice that it dulled the sound of the head a little, which is nice.
                            I’m still debating if I want to add a Cally tip to my Rogue 130 shaft or sit tight for a bit. I did tip up an AD TP and a Fuji Tour Spec to try out in the head. I think I’ll keep working to dial this driver in.

You can't hit a draw with it? I may need to hit one of those, cause I am pretty sure I could draw it.
                            Epic Flash 10.5* EvenFlow Black 65g 6.0
                            917 F2 16.5* HZRDUS EvenFlow White 75g 6.0
                            CBX 119 20* hybrid with EvenFlow Blue 70g 6.0
                            JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 R
                            Vokey SM7 54.08 M Dynamic Gold Wedge
                            Hi Toe 60 KBS Wedge 2.0
                            Precision Milled BHB02 Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Proud member of TEEm in 2019!!

Comment

Interesting. I've got mine set on full draw as well. Maybe why I'm noticing it being louder now than I remember. I'm going to move it over a few notches and see if it changes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              REPRESENTING THP IN THE 2019 GRANDADDY!!!!!

Comment

• Interesting on the noise. I have mine set to Neutral and have never messed with it.
                                Epic Flash SZ 10.5*
                                E8 Beta 16.5*
                                XR Pro 3i
                                J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold
                                50* Tour Trusty
                                SM6 54*/58*
                                Spider Tour Red
                                Ball: Bridgestone
                                Tour B X

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse