Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
      SWAG
      - Tour Proto Savage Too -
      Center-Shaft 373g
      Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman View Post
        Well that’s shockingly fancy.
        haha, not the new one, but a beast either way.
        In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
        KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
        Z U85 18* Utility Iron
        KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
        KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
        RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
        Super Rat

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman View Post
          Well that’s shockingly fancy.
          It's the original but did see the new hulk smash one in person that someone else had on course. Its ridiculously awesome looking especially in the sunlight

Originally posted by Canadan View Post
          haha, not the new one, but a beast either way.
          Can confirm
          F9 - THCE "The One"
          F9 fwy 3/4, 5/6 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70s
          King F9 4i - KBS C-Taper Lite
          King Forged CB/MB Flow Set 5-GW - Nippon Modus 3 105X
          King Black Wedges 54V, 58WL

Newport 2

Comment

• Gamed my Flash (set at 8 *) for the second time Saturday. Forgiveness and ability to control just as impressive as distance. Drove the green on a par 4, hit almost every fairway, felt great.

Comment

• Driver came in last week so I got to the range before the 100+ heat set in. This is the first time I was hitting it outdoors and I came away impressed but below are my impressions:

1. Throughout testing I find the driver to be very draw biased which is great for me considering my bad miss is a balloon fade/slice and with this driver it still would stay within play
              Does anyone else think the SZ is draw-baised?

2. After tinkering with a vareity of settings, I settled on the 10.5* head set to plus one degree / neutral setting - produced a great flight and just stays on line forever

3. Compared to the regular epic, I like the sound/feel a little more

4. Forgiveness wise, I just find the SZ works better for me - this is most likely because of the lower spin numbers I believe

All in all, I am very happy with the Epic SZ - I will be taking it to the course on Friday
              Ryan
              Whats in my Hyperlite 5 bag:
              Big Stick Epic 9.5 / Epic Flash SZ 10.5
              Smaller Big Stick X2Hot 5w / Epic Star 3W
              Between Sticks Steelhead X3R 3H Apex 4H
              Metal Sticks P790 5-AW
              Scoring Sticks CBX 54* and MD2 PM Grind 60*
              Flat Stick Spider Black Tour
              Round thing Taylormade TP5
              Kicks Boost Tour 360

"Winning Takes Care Of Everything" - TW

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanksaloT View Post
                Driver came in last week so I got to the range before the 100+ heat set in. This is the first time I was hitting it outdoors and I came away impressed but below are my impressions:

1. Throughout testing I find the driver to be very draw biased which is great for me considering my bad miss is a balloon fade/slice and with this driver it still would stay within play
                Does anyone else think the SZ is draw-baised?

2. After tinkering with a vareity of settings, I settled on the 10.5* head set to plus one degree / neutral setting - produced a great flight and just stays on line forever

3. Compared to the regular epic, I like the sound/feel a little more

4. Forgiveness wise, I just find the SZ works better for me - this is most likely because of the lower spin numbers I believe

All in all, I am very happy with the Epic SZ - I will be taking it to the course on Friday
                The SZ seems to have the least bias of the two models. Most of my best strikes are dead straight to baby cuts...misses tend to be left but that's been a mechanics thing. The SZ also seems to be the more forgiving of the two due to reduced spin but that becomes truer the more my swing improves.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
                ProudEST Member of TEAM THP for The Grandaddy 2018!
                WITB

2019 Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9 degree, Attas Coool 7X
                2019 Callaway Epic Flash 3W, Elements Gold Proto 7F5
                2019 Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Elements Platinum Proto 8F5
                2019 Callaway Big Bertha 3H, Handcrafted Black 85g Stiff
                2019 Callaway Apex Irons 5-AW, Steelfiber 110g Stiff
                2019 Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 54 & 58, Steelfiber 110g Stiff
                Garage Memphis
                Chrome Soft X TT Ball

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dacatalyst41 View Post
                  The SZ seems to have the least bias of the two models. Most of my best strikes are dead straight to baby cuts...misses tend to be left but that's been a mechanics thing. The SZ also seems to be the more forgiving of the two due to reduced spin but that becomes truer the more my swing improves.

For me, I am finding that the SZ seems pretty fade biased. I even have the weight almost all the way in the heel. But, I can't say that it's the driver for certain. I suspect that it's more swing induced. I haven't even dreamed of replacing it, so I haven't tested anything against it to find out. All I know is that hitting a fade is easy peazy. But, I really have to work to get the ball to turn over.
                  REPRESENTING THP IN THE 2019 GRANDADDY!!!!!

Comment

• Today I hit the EF SZ for the third round this year and I think I am gonna like it! I am not quite sure if it is any longer then my Rogue though! I like them both, sound and feel wise! I bet I didn't miss more than two or three fairways today at most and with me out of practice, I will take that all day long! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadan View Post
                      I feel like this driver is a freaking laser freaking beam.
                      I have a different shaft to you, but I completely agree with the sentiment - you put a good swing on this club and it just goes

We have a par 4 that is 315yds, straight hole, blind tee shot over the crest of a rise with a narrow entrance to the green protected by bunkers - on Saturday I hit a perfect drive just left of the marker post and finished up with about 20yds to the middle of the green which is unheard of for me with my old driver

I have also gone driver - 6i on our hardest hole (450yd par 4 that is all slightly uphill and often into the wind)

Just need to sort my swing out as it isn't 100% at the moment
                      Bag - Tech Lock

Driver - Epic Flash Subzero 9* - Evenflow Green 6.0
                      Fairway - Epic Flash Subzero 3W 15* - Evenflow Green 6.0

Utility - ZU85 18* - Recoil 95 F4

Irons - Z785 4i - 6i, Z-Forged 7i - PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges - RTX4 50/54/58 Tour Satin - DG S400

Putter - O-Works 1W
                      Ball - Chrome Soft X

He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit

Comment

• Never messed around with the weight while at the range so gonna give it a shot tomorrow before my round. Curious if it makes as big of an impact as going to and from the “D” setting.
                        PROUD ALUMNI of Team THP in the 2018 GRANDADDY #100Birdies10kLaughs #Captain'sApprentice thanks to and

In my Alpha Convoy 514 Cart Bag

Driver: EPIC FLASH 9* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
                        3W: EPIC FLASH w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
                        5W: EPIC FLASH w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
                        Hybrid: Apex 23* w/ Catalyst 70 6.0
                        Irons: Apex 5-AW w/ Elevate Tour Stiff
                        Wedges: MD4 54W 58W DG S200 115
                        Stroke Lab Seven S / EXO Stroke Lab Seven S
                        Chrome Soft / "G" Truvis Chrome Soft X / ERC Soft

Comment

• So currently Im playing EF 9* but during my fitting yesterday, Scott had me try the SZ model instead when demoing some shafts and it was crazy to see the numbers I was getting spin wise

Here was hzrdus smoke green 60 6.5

Hzrdus smoke yellow 60 6.0

Think I might need to grab a SZ head soon for some on course testing.

Testing Project X Catalyst 100g 6.0 shafts - Thank you THP/PX Crew

Proud Supporter & Captain of Team So. Cal. in the 2017 THP Regional Rivalry - So. Cal vs Nor. Cal.

Participant 2016
                          Championship - TPC Las Vegas!
                          Proud Winner of the custom testor shaft used for 2017 THCE w/ Project X
                          Proud to be part of 2018 HandCrafted Experience with

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by radiman View Post
                            For me, I am finding that the SZ seems pretty fade biased. I even have the weight almost all the way in the heel. But, I can't say that it's the driver for certain. I suspect that it's more swing induced. I haven't even dreamed of replacing it, so I haven't tested anything against it to find out. All I know is that hitting a fade is easy peazy. But, I really have to work to get the ball to turn over.
                            I'm the total opposite. The left to right flight required me to open my stance to pull it off. Might natural flight is right to left so it's been a breeze for that shot.

WITB

Garage Memphis
                            Chrome Soft X TT Ball

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alez367 View Post
                              So currently Im playing EF 9* but during my fitting yesterday, Scott had me try the SZ model instead when demoing some shafts and it was crazy to see the numbers I was getting spin wise

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Another reason why fitting is critical and can be such a telling experience in contrast to what we assume is best for our game.

Last edited by dacatalyst41; 07-25-2019, 07:54 AM.
                              WITB

Garage Memphis
                              Chrome Soft X TT Ball

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alez367 View Post
                                So currently I’m playing EF 9* but during my fitting yesterday, Scott had me try the SZ model instead when demoing some shafts and it was crazy to see the numbers I was getting spin wise

That Smoke Yellow looks like it agrees with you. I consider myself a high spin player, and the sZ killed spin for me to the point of where it was hurting my carry distance. looks like it's working for you though.
                                In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 | UST Elements Chrome F4
                                Callaway Epic Flash 3+ 15.5 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                                Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood 20 | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                                Callaway CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                                Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54/14 | 58/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                                Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas | Chrome Soft **

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X