Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Only asking as Callaway made a point to indicate how much more balls speed is coming with the flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from 159mph ball speed with the Epic SZ to 165 mph ball speed with the Flash SZ. And swing speed on average was slower with flash Sz

I went from 159mph ball speed with the Epic SZ to 165 mph ball speed with the Flash SZ. And swing speed on average was slower with flash Sz

Hoollllyyyy crap ......guessing u picked up 6-10yds carry then

6mph of ball speed? Oh no, he picked up more than that hahahahaha

Ya from 266 average carry to 277

6mph of ball speed? Oh no, he picked up more than that hahahahaha

Well just a guess seeing as his swing speed was slower

Slower by about 1mph but the spin numbers helped me get better carry. And that’s going down in loft to 8*

Swing speed is irrelevant friend, it’s about ball speed. 120mph swing hitting low heel all day isn’t gonna give you the HP you’re capable of when you’re not cracking 170 ball speed.

Figure... oh hell, 2-3yds per mph of ball speed?

Ya from 266 average carry to 277

Uhhhh.....I think that makes this an even more impressive release than the epic did a few years ago. That’s bonkers dude....as in when factoring in roll out....11yds carry is potentially like 20-30yds longer? Maybe not that far but that’s nuts

Guys this is a major skim job (sorry!). Saw the rundown of the tech and am seriously considering upgrading the Rogue, especially if there’s a program for upgrades setup like last year. I saw some went into detail in their fittings. A few Qs:

What’s the stock shaft length?
Where any of you fit to anything different than that length?
Any info on head weight? Has anyone been able to weigh one?

Thx!

Slower by about 1mph but the spin numbers helped me get better carry. And that’s going down in loft to 8*

Flash or flash SZ?

Uhhhh.....I think that makes this an even more impressive release than the epic did a few years ago. That’s bonkers dude....as in when factoring in roll out....11yds carry is potentially like 20-30yds longer? Maybe not that far but that’s nuts

Nah i didn’t see anything crazy like that lol definitely more carry and total yards but not 20-30 yards. More in the 11-15 yard range. I hate roll numbers on any simulator

I think 6mph might be around 15 yards carry?

Guys this is a major skim job (sorry!). Saw the rundown of the tech and am seriously considering upgrading the Rogue, especially if there’s a program for upgrades setup like last year. I saw some went into detail in their fittings. A few Qs:

Thx!

45" Stock I believe, I think everyone was fit to stock, and I don't know head weight.

Swing speed is irrelevant friend, it’s about ball speed. 120mph swing hitting low heel all day isn’t gonna give you the HP you’re capable of when you’re not cracking 170 ball speed.

Figure... oh hell, 2-3yds per mph of ball speed?

that’s hard to fathom quite frankly

I was on the fence with the color scheme, but then I saw that Even Flow shaft pairing....and....*mind blown*.....

Nah i didn’t see anything crazy like that lol definitely more carry and total yards but not 20-30 yards. More in the 11-15 yard range. I hate roll numbers on any simulator

Yea I gotcha......sooooo when are we going to that sim session again? I was intrigued by the story and innovative groundbreaking new process. But proof is in the pudding and apparently the puddin is pretty damn tasty

that’s hard to fathom quite frankly

Agreed, so now we can both gang up and hate PhillyV together.

I was on the fence with the color scheme, but then I saw that Even Flow shaft pairing....and....*mind blown*.....

According to their site they are available for customs too

I've been pretty vocal that I'm not big on the name or the colors.

That said, I'd like to try it to see if the face tech is legit, the Rogue was a swing and a miss for me and this being a next iteration of the Epic which was a better fit for me by a pretty big margin makes me curious in that regard.

Thx!

Tensei, Smoke and EvenFlo
I don't remember anyone mentioning that.
I do not know. I can weigh it for you tonight after work.

For those that do not like the colors, it will not be long until they are available at Callaway Customs in several colors for you to personalize your choice.

I've been pretty vocal that I'm not big on the name or the colors.

That said, I'd like to try it to see if the face tech is legit, the Rogue was a swing and a miss for me and this being a next iteration of the Epic which was a better fit for me by a pretty big margin makes me curious in that regard.
I think the face tech and design story kind of make this an EPIC in name only. Maybe the better way to say it is this isn't an iteration at all. As I mention in my review, it has been a bit uneven for me so far, but we are in the early stages of adjusting to a new driver. There are signs the upside is very big. I know how you are with sound, that'll be something for you to watch with this one. Strikes up high are loud and different.

45”, when everyone is going longer stock is a huge plus for me. Thanks guys. Very much looking forward to hitting this.

Back