Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Fastest ball speeds I've seen from a driver in a long time.
This REALLY has me pondering now...

I'm ready for the weather to stop being so bipolar so I can take one out on the course!

Don't beat me up but never had a Callaway driver .....the optifit hosel...... flash sub zero lie angle is 56* .....what will it be D setting increase to? TIA

Customs showed up today.

d849a37588f0724cf6b68eef147e493d.jpg

Looks great Ryan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by the demo day at Golftec to finally check these drivers. I actually like the green and yellow better in person than I had in photos. Because I'll probably end up with the 3W too, I'll likely end up in the stock-colored driver.

And I LOVE the shape of the subzero. But I need spin, so I doubt I'll be fit into it.

Stopped by the demo day at Golftec to finally check these drivers. I actually like the green and yellow better in person than I had in photos. Because I'll probably end up with the 3W too, I'll likely end up in the stock-colored driver.

And I LOVE the shape of the subzero. But I need spin, so I doubt I'll be fit into it.

I fully agree with that. In person it actually makes a ton of sense.

...and it's very visible on tour as well.

How noticeable do you think that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice it just a bit - nothing too drastic. I need the heavier weight in the head to get my timing just right, but plenty of people play a D2 in their driver. Heck, the brand new Cobra F9 with the exact same shaft comes in at a D1.5.

You never know. I never expected to be fit to the SZ but was. If you need a touch more spin try lofting up a degree.

Got off work a little early today, yay for sunlight when I get home. Took the EF out in the back 40 and took 25 or so swings at 10.5 N with the weight favoring the D side but not all the way over.

After sundays ugly round of not being able to hit a decent shot all day I really wanted to see if I could find the center face or close to it.

It took a couple swings but damn once I started getting a little groove and hanging out near center what a difference. I was flying trees that I never have with the rouge or old epic for that matter. Hit a couple that I had to stop and listen to make sure they didn't hit the neighbors garage. The garage is probably 240-250 away but there's a forest between us and since I usually dont hit it high enough to go over the entire forest I hit driver with no worries. Guess I'll have to rethink that.

I went to Dicks with my son yesterday. He had a few gift cards for his birthday so he wanted to shop. I went to the golf section and asked to go to the demo room. The lady there did not seem to care one bit about what I was doing and my son took an hour to pick something out so I hit drivers. I did not take my Rogue 10.5 with Evenflow Black, but they had a Roque 10.5 with Evenflow blue same flex and weight. I hit it a few times and got similar #'s to what I see on the course. I have a 94 mph swing speed and I generally carry between 200 and 210 and rollout between 220-230. My backspin is a killer at 3600-4000.

Anyway I hit some with 2 or 3 different Epic Flash shaft and head combos, but the 10.5 with the Evenflow Green shaft was a killer. My spin was down around 2500-3000 and out of 6 or 7 shots I got 225+ carry and 250+ total distance on 3 of them.

I also hit an M5. Tried 2 different shafts and was literally seeing spin of like 1400 on a few shots. I could not even get it in the air. Just low lazer beam hooks that carried 170 and rolled out to 220 or so.

Has anyone else seen this type of performance from these clubs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I went to Dicks with my son yesterday. He had a few gift cards for his birthday so he wanted to shop. I went to the golf section and asked to go to the demo room. The lady there did not seem to care one bit about what I was doing and my son took an hour to pick something out so I hit drivers. I did not take my Rogue 10.5 with Evenflow Black, but they had a Roque 10.5 with Evenflow blue same flex and weight. I hit it a few times and got similar #'s to what I see on the course. I have a 94 mph swing speed and I generally carry between 200 and 210 and rollout between 220-230. My backspin is a killer at 3600-4000.

Anyway I hit some with 2 or 3 different Epic Flash shaft and head combos, but the 10.5 with the Evenflow Green shaft was a killer. My spin was down around 2500-3000 and out of 6 or 7 shots I got 225+ carry and 250+ total distance on 3 of them.

I also hit an M5. Tried 2 different shafts and was literally seeing spin of like 1400 on a few shots. I could not even get it in the air. Just low lazer beam hooks that carried 170 and rolled out to 220 or so.

Just a bit slower than you but exact same findings.....had M3, tried M5 with same results....hit Flash in the SUB ZERO head and evenflow green 5.5.....just prefer the size....proper spin and launch....I'm not a high launch guy....gonna grab std 3wd with coordinating shaft tomorrow.....will report back!

You guys get this image in your email today?

b5ae66ca53fa3896e785ea771c82a5c3.png

Color me impressed.

Just when I think I would totally go with red I see the blue again and am completely torn.

...I also hit an M5. Tried 2 different shafts and was literally seeing spin of like 1400 on a few shots...

I had one of those on an M5 the other day.... freaky low spin. Thinking I caught it somewhere high on the face. Scary.

I can’t comment on the other drivers but your flash data lines up similar to mine. My swing speed was 97 during my fitting.

Color me impressed.

Yup and the gif in that email had a dope yellow and blue combo that is very tempting!

Color me impressed.

I may have an orange/white paint fill with and orange Ad Di in my future.... I know it doesn't affect the performance at all but for it is what, another $70? At over $500 already what the heck? And trade in bonus is still good so will not cost me much.

I may have an orange/white paint fill with and orange Ad Di in my future.... I know it doesn't affect the performance at all but for it is what, another $70? At over $500 already what the heck? And trade in bonus is still good so will not cost me much.

Full on creamsicle.

Color me impressed.

That red with the yellow jailbreak dots looks surprisingly really cool.

Blue and white, bro. 100% of the time, it's looks awesome every time.

Ha, not going to argue with you there. I can support that

Turned a lot of heads last weekend with the Flash in play. Head Pro grabbed it before I pegged and was asking all types of questions. Then I set up to play a slight draw but pulled a hair over the tree on the corned of the dog leg. Not shot I would have dreamed of trying but I carried the corned with ease and had 5w into the green vs a 3w that always ends up 30 short.

My playing partner was swing a TS2 with Kai’lia X flex and killed it. He was a small guy that really got on his toes through impact. If I had to guess he was in the 115mph range for swing speed. I’m at 107 now due to speed training and I was with him all day. Never chased him just played the shots required off the tee. One of the best driving days I’ve had.

I had short irons or wedges into some holes that I’m usually going after one maybe two more clubs. #9 is 400 uphill, that requires a cut to access the fairway. Typically I have 7 iron in, had a hard PW that finished 10ft right of the flag.

What’s crazy is that I think I can more out of it. When this swing adjustment I want back to starts clicking without me thinking about, I think I’ll start to freewheel it a bit more.

The sound is noticeable but not annoying to me. I also play a course limes with towering pines so the sound is amplified. Miss hit come off and muted and a bit stiff on the hands. Center cuts, have that sound that if you weren’t looking you would know it was hit well.

I know it’s early but this driver is better than the Epic that I still have in my spare bag. The Flash is longer, launches higher. The head shape is similar to me.

Turned a lot of heads last weekend with the Flash in play. Head Pro grabbed it before I pegged and was asking all types of questions. Then I set up to play a slight draw but pulled a hair over the tree on the corned of the dog leg. Not shot I would have dreamed of trying but I carried the corned with ease and had 5w into the green vs a 3w that always ends up 30 short.

My playing partner was swing a TS2 with Kai’lia X flex and killed it. He was a small guy that really got on his toes through impact. If I had to guess he was in the 115mph range for swing speed. I’m at 107 now due to speed training and I was with him all day. Never chased him just played the shots required off the tee. One of the best driving days I’ve had.

I had short irons or wedges into some holes that I’m usually going after one maybe two more clubs. #9 is 400 uphill, that requires a cut to access the fairway. Typically I have 7 iron in, had a hard PW that finished 10ft right of the flag.

What’s crazy is that I think I can more out of it. When this swing adjustment I want back to starts clicking without me thinking about, I think I’ll start to freewheel it a bit more.

The sound is noticeable but not annoying to me. I also play a course limes with towering pines so the sound is amplified. Miss hit come off and muted and a bit stiff on the hands. Center cuts, have that sound that if you weren’t looking you would know it was hit well.

I know it’s early but this driver is better than the Epic that I still have in my spare bag. The Flash is longer, launches higher. The head shape is similar to me.

I've been seeing the fastest ball speeds with the Epic Flash on the launch monitors. I'm dying to take it out and hit some real shots to see how it goes for me.
Were you hitting the SZ? The head shape of the Epic SZ and Flash SZ are similar but the standard heads are slightly different to my eye.

Just when I think I would totally go with red I see the blue again and am completely torn.
Ask @jourdaninmich what he thinks about his in blue.

Back