Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

You can get it in whatever color scheme you want in custom order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I understand everyone has aesthetic preferences, I'd recommend checking out the performance before you settle into disappointment. The performance has been strong in all the reviews I've seen thus far and in my personal experience.

I think that anyone who loved the sound of the original Epic might struggle with the sound here. I'm one who didn't like the original Epic's dull thud and I've been vocal about it. To me the new Flash sounds awesome and strikes a great balance between giving feedback and giving that "crushed" sensation.

Certainly it won't be for everyone but I think a lot of people will love it.

So far for me the sound is a matter of feedback. If I hit it high on the face I do get an unpleasant sound. But if I hit is in the middle it sounds great / good / normal? Some people prefer feedback, others don't. I was quite happy with my Rogue and its constant muted sound, so this is an adjustment. But I think it will ultimately be good to know when I did and didn't hit the ball properly.

The color...well, remember that 99% of the color is on the sole and we don't often see that. If you don't like the combo, even on the crown, you can go custom.

Thanks guys. Since you guys have actually seen and used the Flash I will defer my opinion.
Like I said mine was a first hand reaction to what I have seen so far.

As for spending money on the color instead of AI, I respectfully have to disagree. My first concern with a driver is performance. It is still very early for me - and I have seen some uneven results so far - but the forgiveness I've seen and the ability to reach my good summer distance locations in 30 and 40 degree weather has me very hopeful about the future with this one.

That part was a little in jest. As an engineer I am keen to know more about all that.
But you have to think that someone at Callaway must have at least raised a hand with the green/yellow look ...

Also, confirmed custom can be ordered next week and.... there will
Be trade in bonuses!!

But you have to think that someone at Callaway must have at least raised a hand with the green/yellow look ...
They wanted to keep the green so the driver stayed in the Epic family, as it were. They wanted to add something to it to differentiate it from the original.

Today was fun

4db6ef5587c2c11aaf33a01e00f97c7b.jpg

So you think they avoid it all together? What if it’s a negligible ball speed or distance gain? Or what if it the competitors was better? I’m assuming a lot here but I’d be shocked if it isn’t the “fastest” face on the market. If for some reason it’s not, than I would capitalize on that as a competitor company no?

I understand your point for sure but am just trying to contemplate how a competitor can even talk about ball speed if this release is that far in front of their competitors products. Just some food for thought I guess as I wonder these things out loud

This is in reply to your second paragraph. Callaway still has to abide by the USGA roles governing the COR of the head. This new face can't exceed that. It can probably expand that speed across a larger portion of the face. Maybe even assure that more heads are as close to the limit as possible.

But, as consumers, we have to take the marketing with a grain of salt. TM has done their part to accomplish much of the same goals using a different method.

While what Callaway is doing is innovative, they are just attempting to accomplish the same goal as everyone else. Cobra has a milled face, TM has their new Speed injection thing. I just can't see someone who strikes the ball in the center of the face seeing much of a difference with any of these new models unless their last driver was a very poor fit.

I love that AI was used (even if it does end up killing us all one day). The top looks fine, bottom is okay at best, and the name is as bad as anything Taylor made ever used.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I am not a very good driver of the golf ball. I struggle with hitting fairways and my strike is inconsistent.

At the hideaway there was only one hole that i did not pull driver on, a short par 4. Otherwise i was pulling driver all the time and hitting far more fairways then i normally would.

The Epic Flash provides excellent feel and feedback, believe me i tested strikes all over the face and could tell instantly where the ball was struck. Something that i could not do with previous Callaway Drivers.

Speaking of past Callaway drivers i have heard multiple times that they couldn't stop the ball from turning over. Only hit one ball that went left the entire week and that was my first swing on Day 2 Singles after not being able to warm up AKA a bad swing.

As far as sound goes i like it. It is a very aggressive sound no double but it is not at all off putting. I have hit the Flash side by side with the W/S Triton, a driver known for its sound, and they sounded miles apart. So dont let the sound get in your head.

I really like this driver a lot and did i mention the tech story? Hard to argue against that right? i cant wait to get some more time with it on the course this coming year.

This is in reply to your second paragraph. Callaway still has to abide by the USGA roles governing the COR of the head. This new face can't exceed that. It can probably expand that speed across a larger portion of the face. Maybe even assure that more heads are as close to the limit as possible.

But, as consumers, we have to take the marketing with a grain of salt. TM has done their part to accomplish much of the same goals using a different method.

While what Callaway is doing is innovative, they are just attempting to accomplish the same goal as everyone else. Cobra has a milled face, TM has their new Speed injection thing. I just can't see someone who strikes the ball in the center of the face seeing much of a difference with any of these new models unless their last driver was a very poor fit.

Keeping inside of the COR regulations is one thing but adding speed all over the face especially on misshits is real. Just ask @phillyv his gains this guy is a pretty damn good golfer who on avg hits center more than avg or below avg golfers.

I guess my argument could be that as long as it’s within the regulations of what the USGA lays out from their standards.....new innovation could end up producing better numbers within that threshold. Otherwise just do the same thing over and over and over and over like companies have been doing the last 5-7 years.

I think you are on to something here and agree completely. I think with the introduction of Flash Face Callaway is working on enlarging the sweet spot by putting weight and mass in places no human engineer would have thought to put it. Thus helping retain ball speed on off center strikes. A theory i plan to test out very thoroughly throughout the year.

I do like hearing this is really good off the toe, which is where I tend to miss.

Keeping inside of the COR regulations is one thing but adding speed all over the face especially on misshits is real. Just ask @phillyv his gains this guy is a pretty damn good golfer who on avg hits center more than avg or below avg golfers.

I guess my argument could be that as long as it’s within the regulations of what the USGA lays out from their standards.....new innovation could end up producing better numbers within that threshold. Otherwise just do the same thing over and over and over and over like companies have been doing the last 5-7 years.

Oh, I completely agree with you. It's all about spreading the love across the entirety of the face.

I am as excited for this release as anyone. It is bringing back all sorts of good memories of the FT-3 and FT Tour.

I'm looking forward to seeing some consistent speed from swing to swing.

I am not a very good driver of the golf ball. I struggle with hitting fairways and my strike is inconsistent.

At the hideaway there was only one hole that i did not pull driver on, a short par 4. Otherwise i was pulling driver all the time and hitting far more fairways then i normally would.

The Epic Flash provides excellent feel and feedback, believe me i tested strikes all over the face and could tell instantly where the ball was struck. Something that i could not do with previous Callaway Drivers.

Speaking of past Callaway drivers i have heard multiple times that they couldn't stop the ball from turning over. Only hit one ball that went left the entire week and that was my first swing on Day 2 Singles after not being able to warm up AKA a bad swing.

As far as sound goes i like it. It is a very aggressive sound no double but it is not at all off putting. I have hit the Flash side by side with the W/S Triton, a driver known for its sound, and they sounded miles apart. So dont let the sound get in your head.

I really like this driver a lot and did i mention the tech story? Hard to argue against that right? i cant wait to get some more time with it on the course this coming year.
The highlighted part reminds me... the regular Flash driver is draw biased. When the weight is straight back it is in a default draw friendly position. The Flash Sub Zero is at true neutral when the weight is straight back.

I like the look of this driver and cannot wait to test it.

I do like hearing this is really good off the toe, which is where I tend to miss.

I have been living there since I got the thing, I can attest to speed retention there.

Also, confirmed custom can be ordered next week and.... there will
Be trade in bonuses!!

I’d probably sign up with trade in bonuses for my Rogue. Does this work directly through cmp.callawaygolf or can it be through a retailer?

Sorry to sidetrack the thread guys.

Sergio taking on Flash

9c995a2e87dc8064908f5c5795948b9e.jpg

The last two drivers that I have tried at launch (or pre-launch) were the Epic and the Triton.

I am super excited to put the Epic Flash through some swings. See what the Flash face really brings to my game!

Rocking the content today guys! Team THP, well done with the knowledge/pics today!

5953d76ed660700049a8d5ae59fb7980.jpg

Sergio’s driver

c169dc21148db961498f081f28827e2d.jpg

The bag

601578aca87166a78d61a2e92d8b2898.jpg

Tools of the trade!!!

still not digging the look of the sole or face. but if it works, i couldn't care less. i've yet to find a callaway driver that i could hit any consistency whatsoever. i am falling more and more in love my gamer every time i tee it up, but doggone it if i don't have a bad itch to test this flash.

Yep I will have one...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jeff Neubarth and Dr Palmer from NCIS talking Flash

68f9ffb73d9681ed33841635a2feb0be.jpg

5953d76ed660700049a8d5ae59fb7980.jpg

Sergio’s driver

c169dc21148db961498f081f28827e2d.jpg

The bag

601578aca87166a78d61a2e92d8b2898.jpg

Tools of the trade!!!

sergio with the 3x diamond and flatter cog. If that aint tour sauce right there, i dont know what is!

Back