• I'm torn between this driver or M5

Comment

• Originally posted by Rirvin View Post
      I'm torn between this driver or M5
      Hit them both and go with the one that works best for you
      Captain, Team THP in the 2018 Grandaddy
      #100Birdies10kLaughs

Team THP:
      PhillyV (The AssCap), ArmyGolf, dacatalyst41, Shanewu, BlueHen2006, KEV, mpeterson, Boder, Phil75070, rogt, ttucliffhanger, dazeedmonds

In my Shadow Fuse or Alpha Convoy Grandaddy cart bag:
      Driver: EPIC Flash Sub Zero, Project X Smoke, 6.0
      FW: EPIC Flash, Project X Smoke, 6.0
      Hybrids: Apex 3h & 4h, PX Catalyst 6.0
      Irons: Apex Forged '19, UST Recoil ZT9 460, F3
      Wedges: 54* MD4 and 58* PM Grind 2.0, UST Recoil 95, F3 (tipped)
      Putter: Toulon Memphis
      Ball: Chrome Soft CS Truvis and ERC

Comment

• Went epic flash 9* and should get some time on a monitor later this week if my back heals up and actually lets me move with a solid motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testing Project X Catalyst 100g 6.0 shafts - Thank you THP/PX Crew

Proud Supporter & Captain of Team So. Cal. in the 2017 THP Regional Rivalry - So. Cal vs Nor. Cal.

Participant 2016
        Championship - TPC Las Vegas!
        Proud Winner of the custom testor shaft used for 2017 THCE w/ Project X
        Proud to be part of 2018 HandCrafted Experience with

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by radiman View Post
          I honestly meant no disrespect and didn't want to make it sound like I was addressing anyone within the group. When it only grabs one quote in a conversation, it is easy for the initial intent of what I was trying to say to get lost. I saw, what I thought, was someone's opinion getting slapped down because it was a negative one. Not by any granddaddy participant. I was attempting to keep things in perspective. I wasnt attempting to imply that there was any product shilling. Though, looking back, I could see how my comment could be taken that way.
          0 worries. Didn’t think your comment was out of line in any way; thought your post was well thought out and written. I just wanted to add that the GD guys have provided some honest criticism too amongst the feedback. That was really all I was trying to say.

Happy PGA show week dude

Spoiler
          Driver: Epic Flash
          Fairway: V-Series Heavenwood, 915 F2 16.5
          Hybrid: G400 Crossover
          Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
          Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60
          Putter: Oworks Red Jailbird Mini

Comment

• Good write up Spicoli, glad to see it worked out for you.
            In My 2018 #TheGrandaddy
            Alpha Convoy cart bag:
            Driver: Epic Flash
            FW: Epic Flash 3w
            Hybrids: Big Bertha 3/4/5 Recoil ZT9 F4
            Irons: Big Bertha 5-AW Recoil ZT9 F4
            Wedges: 2019 PM Grind 54° Recoil 95 F3
            Putter: Stroke Lab 2 Ball Fang OR Stroke Lab EXO 2 Ball
            Ball: ERC Soft

Comment

• I still need to go and hit this, but based on the feedback and comments from some people in here, I definitely have an idea of what could work for me

After the swing changes over the last couple of years, I have gone from hitting down on the ball to now hitting up at anywhere from 4-6 degrees depending on how I am swinging (at one point I was hitting up by 8 degrees), but my current driver setup just doesn't work with that swing and I am spinning the ball way too much

Based on this thread and talking with my instructor, the 9* Sub Zero head is pretty much the one I would expect to be fit in to, and most likely the Smoke shaft

Then the only thing left to configure would be whether to leave the head at 9* or if it needs turning down to 8*

My next lesson is not for another 4 weeks, but I may well try and find some time to head over one evening to spend an hour on the sim and give this (along with the F9 and TS2/3) a try
              Bag - Tech Lock

Driver - Epic Flash Subzero 9* - Evenflow Green 6.0
              Fairway - Epic Flash Subzero 3W 15* - Evenflow Green 6.0

Utility - ZU85 18* - Recoil 95 F4

Irons - Z785 4i - 6i, Z-Forged 7i - PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges - RTX4 50/54/58 Tour Satin - DG S400

Putter - O-Works 1W
              Ball - Chrome Soft X

He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit

Comment

• Originally posted by radiman View Post
                I honestly meant no disrespect and didn't want to make it sound like I was addressing anyone within the group. When it only grabs one quote in a conversation, it is easy for the initial intent of what I was trying to say to get lost. I saw, what I thought, was someone's opinion getting slapped down because it was a negative one. Not by any granddaddy participant. I was attempting to keep things in perspective. I wasnt attempting to imply that there was any product shilling. Though, looking back, I could see how my comment could be taken that way.
                Nah dude everyone on the team appreciates the back n forth and we knew going into this that some would question if the feedback is genuine or just being caught up in the moment. Thats why everyone has made it a point to stick to facts and leave posts with emotion out of it. I think if there is one thing from the new release that has gotten balanced feedback its the driver. Myself, tequila4kapp, ArmyGolf and others have mentioned periods of struggle or even just adjusting to what is different about this release.

Personally the sound stuck out as something that is "different" than in years past but thats exactly the thing, the face is completely different. During my time with the SZ I have struggled going back to trusting a fade but then again a lot of that can be crap swing aided.

Do I agree with some of the dislikes with this release? Sure? Many of those who are dead set against this driver for the sound have historically been ones to speak out about sound so I dont think thats something specific to the Flash. The color thing is tricky for me because its basically the same epic color scheme that so many loved with a touch of masters to it which just as many love. But I get it.

I guess thats the beauty in this all is not everyone has to agree. But for as much as someone who is not a fan of this driver is just "having an opinion", so is someone who enjoys this release
                Honored to have been the 2018 Assistant Captain in #TheGrandaddy of them all!

In My 2018 Team THP Grandaddy Bag

Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
                Rogue 3 Wood Even Flow Blue 6.5
                XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                Apex Pro 19 5-AW Catalyst 100 6.0
                MD3 56* S, 60* W
                Garage San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by MWard View Post
                  Well now I’m just curious what kinda numbers you put up
                  Was fit on a Trackman. This is taking into account all swings with the setup I went with--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ball speed average was 167.5. Carry was 285.4. Spin was 2855. Launch angle 12.5. Average height was 123. Smash factor was 1.48.

Originally posted by Rirvin View Post
                  I'm torn between this driver or M5
                  Having hit them both, and liking both, it is going to come down to fit and personal preference.
                  Epic Flash SZ 10.5*
                  E8 Beta 16.5*
                  XR Pro 3i
                  J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold
                  50* Tour Trusty
                  SM6 54*/58*
                  Spider Tour Red
                  Ball: Bridgestone
                  Tour B X

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Spicoli View Post
                    Was fit on a Trackman. This is taking into account all swings with the setup I went with--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ball speed average was 167.5. Carry was 285.4. Spin was 2855. Launch angle 12.5. Average height was 123. Smash factor was 1.48.

Having hit them both, and liking both, it is going to come down to fit and personal preference.
                    Sounds like those numbers are pretty solid for you. Good grief you carry it far with a lower’ish launch angle
                    Spoiler

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 degrees
                    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 3w
                    Callaway Epic 7w
                    Taylormade SLDRs 25 degree hybrid
                    Callaway Apex CF16 5-pw
                    Cleveland RTX 3.0 Wedge 50-54-58
                    Toulon Design San Diego 34in

Comment

• Originally posted by MWard View Post
                      Sounds like those numbers are pretty solid for you. Good grief you carry it far with a lower’ish launch angle
                      Low launch and high spin, is what I am all about haha
                      Epic Flash SZ 10.5*
                      E8 Beta 16.5*
                      XR Pro 3i
                      J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold
                      50* Tour Trusty
                      SM6 54*/58*
                      Spider Tour Red
                      Ball: Bridgestone
                      Tour B X

Comment

That is awesome. I'm PUMPED for you!

Originally posted by MWard View Post
                        Haha, the beauty of high SS and ball speed, yo!
                        WITB:
                        TaylorMade
                        - M6 9.0 -
                        UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 77F5
                        TaylorMade - Original One 13.5 - Fujikura Evolution V X
                        PING - G410 19.0/22.0 - Alta CB 70S
                        Callaway - Apex CF19 Combo 5-PW - True Temper Elevate X100
                        Cleveland - RTX4 Raw 48M/54M/60XL - DG TI S400
                        SWAG
                        - Tour Proto Savage Too -
                        Center-Shaft 373g
                        Taylormade - 2019 TP5x

Comment

JeffJohn bullying launch monitors again... Life is good.
                          In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
                          KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
                          Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                          KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
                          KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
                          RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
                          Super Rat

Comment

• Well, it sure can produce som fast ballspeed... Played around with some of the new ones after my second indoor range session of the season. Below is the best strike I put on the Flash SZ with the Smoke 6.0.

Might've been a misread on CHS, but still. Distance in meters.

Comment

I just read up on the Fuji pro 2.0 and my back hurt reading your 6x specs.

Testing Project X Catalyst 100g 6.0 shafts - Thank you THP/PX Crew

Proud Supporter & Captain of Team So. Cal. in the 2017 THP Regional Rivalry - So. Cal vs Nor. Cal.

Participant 2016
                              Championship - TPC Las Vegas!
                              Proud Winner of the custom testor shaft used for 2017 THCE w/ Project X
                              Proud to be part of 2018 HandCrafted Experience with

sigpic

Comment

you speak my language haha
                                Honored to have been the 2018 Assistant Captain in #TheGrandaddy of them all!

In My 2018 Team THP Grandaddy Bag

Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
                                Rogue 3 Wood Even Flow Blue 6.5
                                XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                                Apex Pro 19 5-AW Catalyst 100 6.0
                                MD3 56* S, 60* W
                                Garage San Diego

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X