Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Flash was better than F9 for me as well, both awesome though. Do want to get the G410 but I’m really enjoying the distance, dispersion, and feel on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally. I am afraid to try the 410 or F9, as I may like it and then you know what could happen........:)

The weather finally agreed and I was able to play 14 holes today. The EFSZ is a keeper. This club is so forgiving for a low-spin driver.....and when you middle it, its deep! im a huge fan and will be playing this for some time. I will admit that I didn't love the sound. Golfest played with me and was hitting the standard EF and I didn't like the sound of that one either. I will live with it because everything else about this club is great.

I thought you hit it really well. I don’t love the sound either but won’t have trouble playing it anyway. Maybe a little hot melt is in order.

I thought you hit it really well. I don’t love the sound either but won’t have trouble playing it anyway. Maybe a little hot melt is in order.

Hot melt is the correct answer. Just a little and it’s perfect

Hot melt is the correct answer. Just a little and it’s perfect

Ok- my next trip to San Diego I will have you help me. I’m afraid to do anything permanent to a 500.00 club.

I'm struggling on which way to go with this one in terms of color. The stock color works for me with the shafts I have, I have built a couple that i like color wise that would be cool for me and there is the red/white/blue version that Golf Galaxy is offering that would be cool also.

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

I just completed my driver fitting at Miles of Golf in Michigan. I tried the F9, PXG Gen2, the TS3, Epic Flash, and Epic Flash SZ. The winner was the.......................

Epic Flash SZ!

I had said in an earlier post that the only way I switch my driver was if I saw ball speed gains, AND kept my dispersion the same, with no missed shots diving left. Well, the Epic Flash SZ beat my G400 Max by 3 mph more ball speed, AND the dispersion shows no misses left, and the last FOUR balls missing the center line my a TOTAL of 6 feet... Silly. Straight, and long. Ball speeds averaged 169, and I hit 171 once, so there wasn’t much drop-off on mishits.

Shaft was the Graphite Design AD-IZ 7X, and it felt great! We had to keep tweaking things to keep the ball speed, but get spin over 2000. This shaft was the answer. Great feeling shaft, perfect spin, and tight dispersion.

It all came down to the TS3 and the Epic Flash, with the Epic Flash beating the TS3 significantly in dispersion. Ball speed was a mile-and-half less average with the TS3.

I’m shocked. I knew the SZ would see some distance, but to have the accuracy stick-out like that, it was really eye-opening. I hit out of a bay, doors open, onto the snow covered range. The bay was heated so it wasn’t super cold (24* outside). He even had me hit real balls, Chrome Soft, just to make sure spin was actual. The bay was about 65*, or so, so to see ball speeds hit 170 mph, and it’s not summertime, and really warm, really has me stoked. Wow.

Epic Flash SZ. Totally nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Imagine that baby draw at 6,100 ft #TahoeOpen
You should be in sales, bro! :D

I just completed my driver fitting at Miles of Golf in Michigan. I tried the F9, PXG Gen2, the TS3, Epic Flash, and Epic Flash SZ. The winner was the.......................

Epic Flash SZ!

I had said in an earlier post that the only way I switch my driver was if I saw ball speed gains, AND kept my dispersion the same, with no missed shots diving left. Well, the Epic Flash SZ beat my G400 Max by 3 mph more ball speed, AND the dispersion shows no misses left, and the last FOUR balls missing the center line my a TOTAL of 6 feet... Silly. Straight, and long. Ball speeds averaged 169, and I hit 171 once, so there wasn’t much drop-off on mishits.

Shaft was the Graphite Design AD-IZ 7X, and it felt great! We had to keep tweaking things to keep the ball speed, but get spin over 2000. This shaft was the answer. Great feeling shaft, perfect spin, and tight dispersion.

It all came down to the TS3 and the Epic Flash, with the Epic Flash beating the TS3 significantly in dispersion. Ball speed was a mile-and-half less average with the TS3.

I’m shocked. I knew the SZ would see some distance, but to have the accuracy stick-out like that, it was really eye-opening. I hit out of a bay, doors open, onto the snow covered range. The bay was heated so it wasn’t super cold (24* outside). He even had me hit real balls, Chrome Soft, just to make sure spin was actual. The bay was about 65*, or so, so to see ball speeds hit 170 mph, and it’s not summertime, and really warm, really has me stoked. Wow.

Epic Flash SZ. Totally nuts!
Congrats on a really great fitting experience!

This club has given me incredible confidence on the tee! The combination of the EvenFlow Green and ERC is giving me great distance and when I do miss a fairway it is usually because I have trouble getting lined up on certain holes.

This club has given me incredible confidence on the tee! The combination of the EvenFlow Green and ERC is giving me great distance and when I do miss a fairway it is usually because I have trouble getting lined up on certain holes.

Same....my issue has been greed......I'm TRYING shots not in my arsenal anymore....when I stick with what has brought me, so to speak, I'm fine......long,solid and fine!

I will agree with this. This driver has given me some more distance off the tee from my M1 I previously had and the dispersion is tighter. So happy with this driver!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Between the bad weather and being busy, I have not been able to get to the course in a while and I am dying to get in some more reps with the Flash SZ.

Yesterday was my first round with the Epic Flash SZ. I'm amazed at how forgiving the head is while still providing lower spin. I was playing by myself and able to practice and hit multiple shots. On one hole I played 2 driver shots and absolutely smoked one - about 290 carry. The second ball was hit about 1.5 inches closer to the heal - a severe miss. The ball started right and drew back to the fairway. I immediately thought it was silly that I would have gotten a fairway out of that strike, it was so bad. The crazy thing is the bad strike ended up only 15 yards behind the one I hit on the screws. Not fair, but I need it and will take it.

Generally speaking, people are finding the EF & the EF more laterally forgiving than other drivers, like the F9 or maybe the M5/M6....correct?

I find my Epic SZ OG very laterally forgiving and I know I could switch to the EF without issues. However, they are several other temptresses out there.
For me, it seems like the main difference is how my bad left/rights are with the driver head.

Yesterday was my first round with the Epic Flash SZ. I'm amazed at how forgiving the head is while still providing lower spin. I was playing by myself and able to practice and hit multiple shots. On one hole I played 2 driver shots and absolutely smoked one - about 290 carry. The second ball was hit about 1.5 inches closer to the heal - a severe miss. The ball started right and drew back to the fairway. I immediately thought it was silly that I would have gotten a fairway out of that strike, it was so bad. The crazy thing is the bad strike ended up only 15 yards behind the one I hit on the screws. Not fair, but I need it and will take it.
I have the Standard Flash and that one thing I have noticed is that my misses aren't losing a lot of distance. On my 2016 M1 if I hit a miss I lost a lot of yardage.

I have the Standard Flash and that one thing I have noticed is that my misses aren't losing a lot of distance. On my 2016 M1 if I hit a miss I lost a lot of yardage.

The M1 was not really known for its forgiveness. I loved that driver, but only when I hit it well.

The M1 was not really known for its forgiveness. I loved that driver, but only when I hit it well.
I agree and you would know when you mishit it lol.

I m coming from the 2016 M1 and I'm finding the EF SZ more forgiving laterally but also less likely to balloon the ball on a vertical mishit on the face. And longer all around!

I m coming from the 2016 M1 and I'm finding the EF SZ more forgiving laterally but also less likely to balloon the ball on a vertical mishit on the face. And longer all around!
I had a bad ballooning problem hitting the M1 as well but didn't hit the SZ at ECPC so can't really speak on it.

Generally speaking, people are finding the EF & the EF more laterally forgiving than other drivers, like the F9 or maybe the M5/M6....correct?

I find my Epic SZ OG very laterally forgiving and I know I could switch to the EF without issues. However, they are several other temptresses out there.
For me, it seems like the main difference is how my bad left/rights are with the driver head.

That was my experience. I tried them all with the same shaft - although the swingweighting was really weird for the F9. My dispersion was significantly better with the EF SZ. The Cobra F9 was quite a bit higher spinning, but was also only D1.5 on SW. Adding weight to the front might have improved my dispersion and spin numbers, but that wasn't an option where I was trying them. The M6 was great for spin and ball speed, but was a little all over the place for me with dispersion.

So I may stalk the order history on Callaway and my Custom SZ just changed from backordered 3-4 weeks to.... being processed. $#!^ about to go down.

That was my experience. I tried them all with the same shaft - although the swingweighting was really weird for the F9. My dispersion was significantly better with the EF SZ. The Cobra F9 was quite a bit higher spinning, but was also only D1.5 on SW. Adding weight to the front might have improved my dispersion and spin numbers, but that wasn't an option where I was trying them. The M6 was great for spin and ball speed, but was a little all over the place for me with dispersion.

My findings too...F9 is very solid but certainly spun more than FSZ for me.....hence why FSZ is in the bag....10yds and just as accurate.....YMMV

I play a cut and this driver is allowing me to aim right center(lefty) vs right edge or off fairway.....meaning I'm swinging more in the fairway and less chance of a strange double cross.....I hit 13/14 fwys today.....ho-hum

Back