Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

That's pretty cool to hear. This has me so Curtis to see how my drives compare to last year on my home course. The driver I gamed last year gave me the best results I've ever had so there are some big shoes to fill.
Dont drag me into this

So "Curtis" lmao greatest autocorrect ever or no?

Thoughts @ArmyGolf?
Craziest moment for me was the first round at my home course with Epic Flash. We started on #10 (420 par 4) and I ripped one right down the pipe to PW distance. My group (who I've played with a lot) were dumbfounded once I kept doing it.

For me the most impressive aspect of Flash is the consistency with which I can hit those rare "bombs".

Craziest moment for me was the first round at my home course with Epic Flash. We started on #10 (420 par 4) and I ripped one right down the pipe to PW distance. My group (who I've played with a lot) were dumbfounded once I kept doing it.

For me the most impressive aspect of Flash is the consistency with which I can hit those rare "bombs".

Have you paid much attention to your contact on the face? How's the overall spread?

Only used it on 3 holes today but liked what I saw. Muddy and cold but I’m excited for the potential of this club when conditions are better.

Have you paid much attention to your contact on the face? How's the overall spread?
I live pretty consistently in the middle third of the face.
My favorite place to strike it is slightly heelside and slightly above center. That's where I see the most ball speed and a fierce low spin cut.
Low center or low heel is my main miss and is quite serviceable. Stays on line and shape with slight drops in speed.
High Toe is pretty clanky (loud) and seems to give me the worst performance.

I live pretty consistently in the middle third of the face.
My favorite place to strike it is slightly heelside and slightly above center. That's where I see the most ball speed and a fierce low spin cut.
Low center or low heel is my main miss and is quite serviceable. Stays on line and shape with slight drops in speed.
High Toe is pretty clanky (loud) and seems to give me the worst performance.

I'll give 2 thumbs up for this.....my findings , albeit slower swing, exactly! I have notice that my strike pattern can be affected by the weight placement....when I initially had it towards the heel for draw placement, it cause a ton of heel bias strikes.....FOR ME I moved it just toe side of neutral to get centered strikes....Crossfield mentioned this in one of videos that cg adjustments for some can alter strike patterns.....I'm one

So I'm still Loving this driver. Today my misses weren't near as bad as my old M1. Most missed fairway were within 10 ft of the fairway. When I had my M1 my misses were horrendous. Drives we're still getting 250-260 in some pretty windy conditions hitting into the wind so I was really pleased with that. Can't wait to get this baby in some warm and dry conditions and let her get the action she deserves! You can definitely tell the difference in sound when you miss hit bc when you hit dead center it sounds like an explosion! Lol. Oh and I was hitting the standard Flash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We played yesterday in some insane wind so I wanted to give some feedback on how the Flash performed. This wind was strong and sustained enough that it was actually difficult to hold the club at address with the wind blowing it around.
I used Epic Flash 11 times. 9 great results, 2 stinkers. Both stinkers were a thin b*tch-fade that got caught by the headwind and just didn't have a chance. The great results were fabulous. The ball had enough speed and low enough spin that it was still very playable regardless of the wind's interference. Downwind drives were just plain ridiculous and fun haha.

I picked up a Flash SV from the Marketplace. I'm hoping I can adjust this more than the Epic SV to offset the over drawing the ball that I seemed to developed this winter. I'm hitting my irons and hybrids very well. But the driver has been troubling at best.

Not having a close access to a reliable monitor has been hard to determine what I'm doing wrong. I stopped at a local Dick's store and it had me carrying the ball 280 yards, when I'm lucky enough to get that for total distance once in 1000 tries. It did show my path was in to out not the over the top move I've had for years. Perhaps I have corrected or overcorrected that move.

In any case looking forward to it showing up this showing up. Probably won't get to use it until next weekend as the weather will be in the low 30° and/or rain until then.

As mentioned before I have never bought a brand new, just released driver. I have never tested one that was really going to give me a distinct advantage over a driver that was a year or 2 old and after a year of internet info you really see which drivers were really good and which ones were hype or were only good for a subset of golfers. I have played a lot of Callaway drivers over the years so I know they set up for me as a general rule (never hit a TaylorMade that I liked from the Burner Bubble on). This one will give me 10 yards off of spin reduction from the Rogue and seemed to not be so punitive on my high toe miss in testing. I like the adjustability here over the Rogue. My driver should be here Thursday I have the regular Flash in a 10.5* head. I will test the Evenflow Green against my current Evenflow Black which I really like and decide from there. Looking forward to joining this thread in an official capacity LOL!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hit the Flash SZ four times while playing 9 today and hit 4/4 fairways. Across the board, it was a really good ball striking day, but it was fun seeing what the Flash SZ could do. I was able to hit a high draw on command and hit 2 fades as required.

Got 18 in today, only my second round in the last 3 1/2 months and second round with the EF. My swing was garbage and I was coming OTT on almost every drive. The good news is they went far, the bad news is I was in the rough at best and in the trees at worst. I did find 2 fairways that were bombs for me, like summer time distance with hardly any roll due to wet fairways.

I let one of my playing partners hit it twice. He usually plays a Ping g400, he got it last year and I'm not to familiar with Ping but I thinks that's what he said it was. After the first hit he let out a "DAMN" and the ball was 30 yards past his ping. Second one he crushed also, again way past his ping drive.

After the round I went to the range, made a few swing thought adjustments and moved the weight away from D to almost dead center but favoring D. Instantly found near center face and was pounding them off the back of the net, which I usually dont do with the Rougue until warmer weather.

On the range I found close to center face slot and could hear an audible difference when hitting it solid. Comforting to hit it well but now I have to hit it well on the course.
4a9ccd31fcc60f2d39030f8b7bde5c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got 18 in today, only my second round in the last 3 1/2 months and second round with the EF. My swing was garbage and I was coming OTT on almost every drive. The good news is they went far, the bad news is I was in the rough at best and in the trees at worst. I did find 2 fairways that were bombs for me, like summer time distance with hardly any roll due to wet fairways.

I let one of my playing partners hit it twice. He usually plays a Ping g400, he got it last year and I'm not to familiar with Ping but I thinks that's what he said it was. After the first hit he let out a "DAMN" and the ball was 30 yards past his ping. Second one he crushed also, again way past his ping drive.

After the round I went to the range, made a few swing thought adjustments and moved the weight away from D to almost dead center but favoring D. Instantly found near center face and was pounding them off the back of the net, which I usually dont do with the Rougue until warmer weather.

On the range I found close to center face slot and could hear an audible difference when hitting it solid. Comforting to hit it well but now I have to hit it well on the course.
4a9ccd31fcc60f2d39030f8b7bde5c72.jpg

Did your adjustment to the weight significantly affect the call flight and striker location or just your strike location? Curious, as I think the weight adjustment in these woods performs more significantly than the previous generation.

Did your adjustment to the weight significantly affect the call flight and striker location or just your strike location? Curious, as I think the weight adjustment in these woods performs more significantly than the previous generation.
For the 15-20 balls I hit with the weight moved more center, instead of full on draw, the flight came down just a little, stayed more straight and seemed way more penetrating. Like it was launched off the face versus just going off the face. With the weight at full draw I couldnt find center to save my life.

Got in a complete 18 today between storms and my Epic Flash / Aerotech shaft combo did not disappoint - once again. I did try the Callaway ERC ball today instead of my normal AVX and it was good. This driver continues to perform.

Hit this the other day at my country club demo day, easily the worst sounding driver in the market that I have hit. It performed OK, not enough to move away from the Ping.

Hit this the other day at my country club demo day, easily the worst sounding driver in the market that I have hit. It performed OK, not enough to move away from the Ping.

Wait, your comparing sound of a G30 vs Epic Flash and EF was the louder of the two? That’s not the norm for a ping driver before g400. But at least you have the EF a shot. Goes to show sometimes newer doesn’t equal better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo this came today in other huge Callaway news......
4f6ad5a061f7deaa53f1d05f7264b337.jpg
8a86b3c1453f579df45f883328b96237.jpg
e14afc665c9a0f7b0a6576c8f2dec054.jpg
9697f215c6a2acd91ad0537689e021e1.jpg

Beast mode 80g in the driver.

Bahaha - partly because I play my driver at 44.5. The other part is I’m a monster Bahahaha

Just waiting for the shaft to come in:

0da57537f98348d795949b4d2b5f92f4.jpg

Same exact head weight as the rogue SZ, 195g without the dual cog.

Just waiting for the shaft to come in:

0da57537f98348d795949b4d2b5f92f4.jpg

Same exact head weight as the rogue SZ, 195g without the dual cog.

That is really awesome, even though it has Giants colors. Lol. Nicely done!

Back