Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Wow, really looks like he has shortened his backswing this year.

But generating so much power with his transition back into the ball. There are some sticks here and the sound he created was so vastly different then anything I had heard all morning. His ball just goes and then drops out of the air

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Freddie are you seeing real numbers or just feel at this point? Gotta know your thoughts if you haven’t seen the #s yet vs after you see them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a quick note to those worried about color. It looks a lot.....bolder? in pictures. In real life it doesn't pop out anymore than the Epic or even Rogue.

I have hit it with a handcrafted yellow and a head crafted even flow. It was a fairly decent improvement over my Rogue so i'd bet those with the original Epic will want to upgrade for sure.

just a quick note to those worried about color. It looks a lot.....bolder? in pictures. In real life it doesn't pop out anymore than the Epic or even Rogue.

I have hit it with a handcrafted yellow and a head crafted even flow. It was a fairly decent improvement over my Rogue so i'd bet those with the original Epic will want to upgrade for sure.

I also imagine they will do the custom color options down the road this year, similar to what they did with Rogue. Grant it that takes the driver to an even higher price point, but at least it satisfies those that are not a fan of the green.

There are certain colors that are just offensive to my eyes. Yellow is the worst. Aqua blue is another. I hated that color on the Rogue and would way rather have this green. Personally, I think the Udesign black version looks pretty damn slick. I really wish they would go simple like that. Or even white where the green is. But, I understand the fact that they want no mistakes when someone sees a Callaway driver in play. At least the crown looks pretty clean. I like how they toned down the crown markings. The chevron and the line on the top are a lot less bold.

Plus, there is always outfits like Continental Golf that will paint it up to whatever you want.

Finally found some info that has now been published on the Project X website regarding the Evenflow Green:

Inspired by the smooth and effortless power of a crashing wave, EvenFlow Green features an even bend profile that transfers shaft load more efficiently for maximum energy release at impact. EvenFlow Green is a mid launch/spin shaft that features a firm mid-section for increased stability.

Sergio taking on Flash

9c995a2e87dc8064908f5c5795948b9e.jpg
I would love to have one of those Flash Signs! Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I also imagine they will do the custom color options down the road this year, similar to what they did with Rogue. Grant it that takes the driver to an even higher price point, but at least it satisfies those that are not a fan of the green.

I think those are going to be an option pretty much right out of the gate this time. On their site it states the custom colors will be available February 1st.

Also forgot to add, I'm very curious in the EvenFlow Green.
There are certain colors that are just offensive to my eyes. Yellow is the worst. Aqua blue is another. I hated that color on the Rogue and would way rather have this green. Personally, I think the Udesign black version looks pretty damn slick. I really wish they would go simple like that. Or even white where the green is. But, I understand the fact that they want no mistakes when someone sees a Callaway driver in play. At least the crown looks pretty clean. I like how they toned down the crown markings. The chevron and the line on the top are a lot less bold.

Plus, there is always outfits like Continental Golf that will paint it up to whatever you want.
True. I wasn't a big fan of the blue they did on the rogue but i'm pretty good about no caring too much if i hit it good.

I do with Callaway would do like some of the other OEMs (Cobra for sure but I think others as well) and offer a few choices of head colors for "free". (but I also understand from a marketing perspective why they don't do this)

IIRC they are releasing the different color options sometime in February, at least I think that is what I saw somewhere today.

I think those are going to be an option pretty much right out of the gate this time. On their site it states the custom colors will be available February 1st.
whoops missed this.

CallawayCustoms-EpicFlash-Driver-B.jpg

Love the look of the all black. Maybe that or a black and red combo. Expensive but may be hard to resist.

Love the look of the all black. Maybe that or a black and red combo. Expensive but may be hard to resist.

Damn it, it looks so good in all black. The Customs are an extra $100 right?

Damn it, it looks so good in all black. The Customs are an extra $100 right?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe those are $600, so $70 more.

That blacked out head is so dope!

According to a sales guy at Callaway, customs can be preordered next week.

That all black head looks incredible. Like the red too.

As soon as the 150% trade-in credit is effective ... I'll be flashin' one.

They state premium shafts and the Tensei AV 60 - but that is not a stated Mitsu Shaft - they have the 55 and 65 but not a 60. Sounds as if Callaway took the AV 65 and fitted it to their head for most golfers? Possibly?

The Tensei AV 55 is interesting - Straight Flight - designed for straight or draw flighting.

I would definitely prefer an all blacked out driver or one with a touch of red, but I do like the fact that for the first time in many years my woods all are the same model and when it comes down to it I'll take performance over aesthetics any day! - Caveat: as long as at address it looks decent which these more than do.

I want that red so bad! They showed a picture of that during the presentation and I instantly fell in love.

I get the dislike for colors, but the best part is that you’ll never see the sole of the clubs while in play. If it looks good at address then the bottom doesn’t matter no?

Just got fit into Epic Flash 9.0 +1 neutral slide weight slightly toward draw but loser to neutral Tensi 65g stiff.

From 255 carry to 274 into the breeze. From a -4.5 to zero attack and 6.5 to 13.3 with old tip Mogg used to beat into my head. The fitter was fantastic.

I get the dislike for colors, but the best part is that you’ll never see the sole of the clubs while in play. If it looks good at address then the bottom doesn’t matter no?

I think it's more of a concern in terms of shelf-appeal and in the bag appeal. If something is off-putting to your eyes there is a good chance you won't even pick the club up to begin with (I remember that was a hot topic in season 2 of DvD as well).

According to a sales guy at Callaway, customs can be preordered next week.

Word? If I get fit into one of these I will definitely get a custom color on mine.

Definitely will be bringing my OLD driver out of retirement for a ball speed comparison next simulator chance I get. I already know who will win the dispersion and distance categories though!

I want that red so bad! They showed a picture of that during the presentation and I instantly fell in love.

I like that too. Either all black, all red, or I am kind of thinking mostly black and then a touch of red in the trim.

Back