Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Flash SZ was on point this morning, some really nice drives. No other part of the game worked but the drives looked nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, this pisses me off a little as when I did the trade it was only on applicable callaway items.

Yes.... I have 1 trade in that just went through almost 4 weeks after they received it for 50% bonus on 2 of the 3 items.... I have another that I just dropped in the mail where 2 of the 3 meet the old criteria. I am going to call and see if they will honor 50% on the other item I dropped in there.

Yes.... I have 1 trade in that just went through almost 4 weeks after they received it for 50% bonus on 2 of the 3 items.... I have another that I just dropped in the mail where 2 of the 3 meet the old criteria. I am going to call and see if they will honor 50% on the other item I dropped in there.

Yeah, mine hasn't gone through yet, I'm tempted to call because this is pretty shinty.

Yeah, mine hasn't gone through yet, I'm tempted to call because this is pretty shinty.

I would recommend it. I know last year when I had placed an order with a trade in before they announced the 150% bonus I called and CS said they could definitely add that on.

Not gonna lie, this pisses me off a little as when I did the trade it was only on applicable callaway items.

I have a feeling Callaway Customer Service is going to get a lot of e-mails. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this - especially for those of us who might have a trade-in that's pending but hasn't been processed yet.

I have a feeling Callaway Customer Service is going to get a lot of e-mails. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this - especially for those of us who might have a trade-in that's pending but hasn't been processed yet.

I find it interesting that would do this when in with some clubs, they are 4 weeks out.

I find it interesting that would do this when in with some clubs, they are 4 weeks out.

Definitely. If my (and many, many others here) prior experience with Callaway is any indication, I'm sure they'll have a way of making this as right as they can, but it is a little suspect. Not really the best way to reward the early buyers.

I was wondering this too, so I took a quick peek at the clubs I sent in and the values have dropped (again) since I sent mine in.

I'd imagine they did that pretty much across the board before offering this promotion (at least on anything that would've had some overlap).

I was wondering this too, so I took a quick peek at the clubs I sent in and the values have dropped (again) since I sent mine in.

I'd imagine they did that pretty much across the board before offering this promotion (at least on anything that would've had some overlap).

The iron set I just traded in didn't drop. I've already dropped an e-mail to the rep I've been working with, so we'll see.

Actually it's a lesson to be learned here as Callaway "Steers" the market.
Reward the First Adaptors with selective "In Brand" Bonus.
Get the Second set of Adaptors with a nugget of more "In Brand Included" Bonus.
Third set, include everything on the Trade In Card for a Trade In Bonus

By April, when this wave is over, the bonus might be gone because people will hear what the early adaptors are saying and take any trade in value they can get.

Got 9 holes in after work yesterday and the EF continues to be damn near point and shoot. Still seeing distances I have no business seeing. Last night was 50* and moist enough that the ball was wet every time I picked it up, even when there wasn't mud on the ball it was like plucking it from a lake. I hit 2 drives on one hole, 1st was dead center face (shocking) and man did it fly. Teed up another and caught it between center and toe (back to reality). Get to both balls and the toe side one is directly in line with the center shot and maybe 10 yards short.

I've also bagged the 3w (thanks THP FF) and it is the best damn 3w I've ever owned. I have owned or hit 7 3 woods over the last 4 years and couldnt hit one consistently to save my life. Put it on the deck and I'm doubly screwed. Not with the EF 3w, launches high, far and has a nice little baby draw.

I finally had a chance to get out and play nine holes today. Eight of those holes were either a par four or par five. I had ample opportunity to put driver to the test. I came armed with my standard Flash and for fun, I plugged the Attas Coool in to see what difference I might see. I also brought my custom SZ in the HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 Xflex.
1e9903f62b299cc1ea9ed610cd8a22a7.jpg

The wind was blowing about 20mph and it was 55-58°. Not a great recipe for distance and accuracy. Two of the first 3 holes, I used the standard Flash. I hit one fairway near the 1st cut and missed the 2nd fairway by a good bit with a high slice. I'm not sure it was the swing alone as the wind was blowing left to right and towards me. That's when I decided to go SZ. I wanted to see if I could kill some of the spin. I kid you not, I hit five of the next five fairways. One of which was a par for that I carried 265 and plugged. The last was a par five on the 18th hole and I hit two balls for fun...the ERC and the CS.
Here are the strike locations from hole #18.
6a9ebd77db3751f96ead5ad800a092d9.jpg

Both had nearly identical lines and caught the hill to roll out to 250 for the CS and over 270ish for the ERC. The ERC carried further but also ran through the fairway into drier ground.

In a nutshell, the SZ was king of the day and honestly floored me. It gave me a flatter more penetrating ball flight and just held it's line all day. I assume low spin includes side spin?

These drivers are so good it's ridiculous.

Question for the thread. Has anyone else noticed a firmer feel on the SZ that reminded you of the OG Epic?

I’m calling my guy that helps me with all my stuff. I agree I’m not happy missing out on some extra trade value.

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

I’m calling my guy that helps me with all my stuff. I agree I’m not happy missing out on some extra trade value.

It’s annoying. It would have been much nicer to have the trade in bonus earlier for all clubs. Seems like a reaction to Taylormade’s policy.

I love that.. I kind of want a custom Epic Flash Sub Zero for some reason.
Does your workout earlier today have anything to do with it?

So you can giggle like a school girl every round?

SAME. I've had cash earmarked for one for weeks. Just need to wait fornmy fitting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Went out yesterday morning for a quick round. Most of my game was bad, but off the tee managed myself around the course really well. Only one bad result despite hitting everywhere Dan didn't on range days. Lots of forgiveness and imo stability in this head. And even that bad result (a push slice) left me in play with a shot at the green.

I hit this on all the places on the face Dan doesn’t and yeah this driver is fantastic. Even one today well towards the heel ended up great. Flash face is legit.

If my results in the simulator are any indication of the performance I'll see on the course this is going to be a heck of a driving season for me. Playing today I was pounding this thing but what really stood out was the forgiveness. Mishits seen to work their way back to the fairway. I had a couple of high toe shots where I also closed the face and thought for sure it would head way left only to see the ball go left side of the fairway or just off.

This driver is going to have some big shoes to fill after living the G400 last year but it's looking pretty promising.

Had two ugly drives today but everything else was point and shoot. Callaway drivers seem to bring out a low left duck hook that I don't see elsewhere as much, which is what my two misses were today, but the upside of this driver outweighs those occasional misses.

Had two ugly drives today but everything else was point and shoot. Callaway drivers seem to bring out a low left duck hook that I don't see elsewhere as much, which is what my two misses were today, but the upside of this driver outweighs those occasional misses.

I had a pretty easy time turning the head into the ball compared to some other options.

What's the normal shape? Did you mess with the moving weight at all?

Back