Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Interestingly enough, I fully intended to move the sliding weight on the SZ toward the heel to promote a draw shape but I completely forgot. Most shots where dead straight or negligible fades with the weight in the neutral position. I expected to fight a slice with this driver, but didn't at all.

Interestingly enough, I fully intended to move the sliding weight on the SZ toward the heel to promote a draw shape but I completely forgot. Most shots where dead straight or negligible fades with the weight in the neutral position. I expected to fight a slice with this driver, but didn't at all.

Dead straight sounds awful. Better change everything about it!!

I had a pretty easy time turning the head into the ball compared to some other options.
What's the normal shape? Did you mess with the moving weight at all?

I do find it easier to turn over than the original Epic. I don't have the weight moved all the way to the fade side but it is sitting halfway between neutral and fade.

My normal miss is high and right, which the has been minimized with this head. I had a few swings today that I didn't feel like I was close on, but they turned out great. There seems to be a fine line between hitting some bombs that are slightly on the toe and going too far out there and getting penalized.

I freaking can not wait to get this on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my swing yesterday is a perfect testament to Jailbreak tech and the Flash Face.
I was so loose and sloppy yesterday it's a miracle I only pumped one ball straight OB. I hit 6 or 7 drives that were absolute poop swings and yet the ball was still in play and 250 ish down the hole. I was low heel, high toe, hosel, low toe....I left no terrain undiscovered out there and the driver just consistently gives me a chance.

I did manage to take 2 drives to freaking pound town on #2 and #18 ending up around 270 down range in the short grass.

I think my swing yesterday is a perfect testament to Jailbreak tech and the Flash Face.
I was so loose and sloppy yesterday it's a miracle I only pumped one ball straight OB. I hit 6 or 7 drives that were absolute poop swings and yet the ball was still in play and 250 ish down the hole. I was low heel, high toe, hosel, low toe....I left no terrain undiscovered out there and the driver just consistently gives me a chance.

I did manage to take 2 drives to freaking pound town on #2 and #18 ending up around 270 down range in the short grass.

I remember the first “bad” day I had with the original Epic after a ton of time in the bag. It single handedly kept my score respectable. Looking forward to much more of that here! (Not the bad day part Hahahaha)

I remember the first “bad” day I had with the original Epic after a ton of time in the bag. It single handedly kept my score respectable. Looking forward to much more of that here! (Not the bad day part Hahahaha)

Somehow this one seems to be a significant improvement so far.

Somehow this one seems to be a significant improvement so far.

LOVE this!!!! Even more pumped and primed

I will safely say if you get this near the center or center it seems to have another gear altogether. At least for me it does, now that might end being a 240-250 max but for me that is darn good. Several today were just over 200 or so but once I stopped trying to swing hard (with the back about 50% fubar) straight was easy.

I still have that nasty toe hook every now and then when I try to tee it real high and step on it, you would think a sane person would not try it when the results are rarely worth it. Just tee it low and let it go...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to get this in the bag...I’ve only hit it once but it was memorable

⚡
326edf25f78bac59edb9dc35cc4a033b.jpg

Had this video taken for another purpose, but thought I would share it as it is a pretty good representation of the sound this driver makes. This is indoors where typically drivers sound ridiculously louder than they do in real life. Ping G30's would almost be unplayable here. Since the first time I hit this club, I was shocked that it could have possibly gained a reputation of being crazy loud.

That’s a wail of a drive, particularly if that About Golf sim is as stingy as the one I use. If you don’t mind me asking what was your CHS and ball speed if you remember?

I didn't mind the loudness when I first heard it.
Everyone says I swing like I'm killin' something.

We must have the same swing coach, lol.

This club combined with my custom PX shaft has to be the best combination I've put in play. First few times out were a bit rough due to some swing issues that had crept back in, but since i've worked those out I feel like it's point and shoot.

Pretty much one bad drive today early in the round, and the rest were dead center. Distances were great considering it was 40 degrees out as well. I've been really happy with is going back to the Bertha/Epic head shape from the XR16. It just looks "right" next to the ball for me.

This club combined with my custom PX shaft has to be the best combination I've put in play. First few times out were a bit rough due to some swing issues that had crept back in, but since i've worked those out I feel like it's point and shoot.

Pretty much one bad drive today early in the round, and the rest were dead center. Distances were great considering it was 40 degrees out as well. I've been really happy with is going back to the Bertha/Epic head shape from the XR16. It just looks "right" next to the ball for me.

You were destroying drives, just glad I was able to “keep up” today lol

That’s a wail of a drive, particularly if that About Golf sim is as stingy as the one I use. If you don’t mind me asking what was your CHS and ball speed if you remember?
If I remember right, ball speed was around 178 or so. This particular unit wasn't displaying club head speed for some reason. But, when it does it reads way higher than normal. A few weeks back, it gave me 128 mph club head speed with 176 ball speed on a very well struck shot. I think I'm more in the 118-122 range when my back is up for the task and my swing is on.

Spin rates on this thing can register anywhere from 4500rpm on a straight shot all the way to -1200. Don't know how it registers negative spin. I've just come to accept the fact that it's not perfect and it's the closest thing around these parts to golf this time of the year

One trick I learned on these sims is to get your ball flight as low as possible within reason. I use a way smaller tee than I would in real life. If I hit it at my normal launch angle, it balloons on me. If you get on one anytime soon, try a shorter tee. You may gain 20+ yards.

Can’t wait to get this in the bag...I’ve only hit it once but it was memorable

I’ve got something set up for Tuesday night that I think you’ll have fun with.

326edf25f78bac59edb9dc35cc4a033b.jpg

Black and White custom? I'm jealous. I didn't have the patience to wait for it. Curious how it plays for you. Planning on swapping your XT or Rogue 130 over to it?

Black and White custom? I'm jealous. I didn't have the patience to wait for it. Curious how it plays for you. Planning on swapping your XT or Rogue 130 over to it?

Yes, gonna put a tip on the Rogue silver me thjnks. Was gonna go big and get a rogue silver from Cally, but my trade ins cover this club nearly in full.

Yes, gonna put a tip on the Rogue silver me thjnks. Was gonna go big and get a rogue silver from Cally, but my trade ins cover this club nearly in full.

Nice. What's the upcharge on the silver? $350?

I'm plumb out of trade in bait myself. Honestly nothing I absolutely need right now though. Could consider replacing my 3 wood, but me and Callaway 3 woods don't always get along. They play great, but the faces tend to crack and dent on me.

Nice. What's the upcharge on the silver? $350?

I'm plumb out of trade in bait myself. Honestly nothing I absolutely need right now though. Could consider replacing my 3 wood, but me and Callaway 3 woods don't always get along. They play great, but the faces tend to crack and dent on me.

$300

Looks like 12* shows up today.

Will get it weighted out and out tomorrow I suppose.

Looks like 12* shows up today.

Will get it weighted out and out tomorrow I suppose.

no more #BitchFades haha

Back