Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Had a couple of just amazing drives with my EF today. Had one miss that was dead even with one of my playing partners, I did not deserve that. It was a little off line, and not a good strike, but still as long as I’d expect or longer.

Hehehe...today was fun. Got the SZ on the course for the first time today...second round this year. I hit two balls on the range and didn't pull it until the 2nd hole. Freaking killer...I might name it Conan..."To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women..."

Hehehe...today was fun. Got the SZ on the course for the first time today...second round this year. I hit two balls on the range and didn't pull it until the 2nd hole. Freaking killer...I might name it Conan..."To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women..."

I think we’ll just call you Conan.

I think we’ll just call you Conan.

lol...I lost 35lbs and gained club speed...The forgiveness on this thing is amazing. My miss is on the heel and I had one or two that I thought were just dead, horrible drives. Both of them in the short grass and over 280. I bombed a few of them though...2 got me in big trouble for cutting corners and then going through the dogleg. We were playing bingo, bango, bongo and it wasn't even close given how close I was to the green most of the time. Bomb and gouge. I haven't had a lot of confidence with the driver for a while...today was good.

lol...I lost 35lbs and gained club speed...The forgiveness on this thing is amazing. My miss is on the heel and I had one or two that I thought were just dead, horrible drives. Both of them in the short grass and over 280. I bombed a few of them though...2 got me in big trouble for cutting corners and then going through the dogleg. We were playing bingo, bango, bongo and it wasn't even close given how close I was to the green most of the time. Bomb and gouge. I haven't had a lot of confidence with the driver for a while...today was good.

It’s a good club. I’m starting to get more and more comfortable with mine, I’ve always fought my drivers, but the results with this one make me want to keep at it.

It’s a good club. I’m starting to get more and more comfortable with mine, I’ve always fought my drivers, but the results with this one make me want to keep at it.

I've always hit it a long way but never been super straight...I've defaulted to 3W or utility iron most of the time. I hope this is a big leap in accuracy for me. I want to buy the 3+ and a 5 now.

BEST driver I've used in 15 years! EFSZ has allowed me to shape when needed BUT still absurdly LONG! No flaws...

534ecbd59f00b9c352bd44d15c605c0a.jpg

Trying out a little extra sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is X-Rated hot

I love em. It’s amazing helping someone get better at this game, then years later having them come back and want to go have a round with you.

Make no mistake though, he doesn’t hit his goal, I’m
Taking the damn driver back lmao

Another vote of respect for being a cool and caring coach - love hearing these stories

3622c041c50b01fa91cc0cc89dd87c95.jpg

Sound is....

Not good.

76ddfbc77980743ad5d5d02bc75ce7c6.jpg

Combo is....

Fun.

My tinker spot (ha) is getting itchy and I think I have to try this Atmos Black 5TX shaft in the SZ, I love the GD Tour AD BB7x but I cannot help but think the 5tx would be a gas to hit.

Not entirely sure what TX means compared to just X and it is not listed on the website so if anyone has any inside info please let me know. I normally buy all my tinkering stuff while bored on work trips where Rum may or may not be involved.

Aso it would look cool in the Triple diamond.....

My tinker spot (ha) is getting itchy and I think I have to try this Atmos Black 5TX shaft in the SZ, I love the GD Tour AD BB7x but I cannot help but think the 5tx would be a gas to hit.

Not entirely sure what TX means compared to just X and it is not listed on the website so if anyone has any inside info please let me know. I normally buy all my tinkering stuff while bored on work trips where Rum may or may not be involved.

TX is Tour X. Think of it like PX 6.5 vs 7.0

With the TX being 7.0?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sound is....

Not good.
Is it drastically different? Never tried the non-SZ. How does it compare numbers wise?

I'm guessing it launches higher than you'd expect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is it drastically different? Never tried the non-SZ. How does it compare numbers wise?

I'm guessing it launches higher than you'd expect.

Considerably different than my regular Flash, I expected more solid here, getting more loud with a little metallic pitch to it.

All fixable though.

Considerably different than my regular Flash, I expected more solid here, getting more loud with a little metallic pitch to it.

All fixable though.
How's the ball flight for you?

How's the ball flight for you?

Played three different shafts today so hard to nail down. I’d say high.

Little spinny today but I wasn’t going to release driver to save my life.

Back when Atmos first came out, there was information out there that shafts marked as TX were just early tour releases of the “regular” X. I’ve seen Atmos TX shafts all the way up to 90g which were definitely tour only as well as some of the other lines like Speeder TR for example in TX which also isn’t specced on the website. Not sure what the real story is but just posting what I’ve seen.

Played 9 after work with my kid this afternoon. He wanted to try out my old epic. With all the sound talk I tried to pay close attention to the differences between him with the Epic and me with the EF.

The EF is definitely louder but I actually prefer the sound. There where a couple he hit that just sounded dead, enough that I though he topped it only to look up and see the ball flying. The dead sound always bothered me on the OG Epic as well as the feedback, many times I thought I flat whiffed it only to see the ball mark close to center.

Just for fun I swung the OG Epic a few times on the range and while the shafts are different the EF is better in every way for me.

Sound is....

Not good.

Really depends on the ball you are hitting. ERC and CS sound is barely noticeable. I switch to a firmer ball, in this case Snell MTB Black, and sound is quite loud. It isn’t obnoxiously loud, just totally different.

Really depends on the ball you are hitting. ERC and CS sound is barely noticeable. I switch to a firmer ball, in this case Snell MTB Black, and sound is quite loud. It isn’t obnoxiously loud, just totally different.

Played ERC all day.

It was loud.

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers

Now, I’ll add, love the easy launch, in the windy western Oklahoma conditions though I think spin is a touch high right now. Going to try -1/D and see how it goes today.

Brave new world for me but 9* F9 was on point yesterday.

I’ll get this tuned in.

Back