Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

I purposely let the trade in bonus expire so I could not justify a Triple Diamand and of course now I regret it, might not have been any better but now I have to wait and buy a head only off the bay. The SZ is not as automatic as I would like lately, but that is me as usual.

When it is on man it does everything I need, but been seeing some pretty big swings in fairway or NOT even close which is vexing. I am real close to picking up another ATMOS black to plug in and see what happens.

What numbers are you seeing now with your driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant say it enough the EF is an absolute beast for me. I've been playing my home course for 5 years and have never been in the spots I keep seeing with the EF. I'm also no longer the shortest hitter, true some of that has to do with improvements in my swing, but some of it is the driver also.

I missed one fairway today and that was the crappiest shot I've put on this driver, skyed it 100 yards high and 80 yards long.

Being on the tee with confidence is pure awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had a really good day driving the ball with the Flash Sub-Zero after a few so-so rounds with it recently. Hit 7/9 fairways I used it on. All things considered, this driver is the best fit for me and it’s the most fun I’ve had with a driver since the Cleveland Classic.

I am fighting the urge to cut it down to 45” as it is currently playing at 45.5. I don’t want to mess with a good thing and I’ve just been gripping down a bit, but when things get squirrelly, that’s where my mind goes.

Still loving my EF sub zero. I have never hit the ball further and straighter in my life. If my trending HC holds I will have dropped a full stroke off my HC since getting this thing.

So, I switched the setting to full draw and the sound changed dramatically on the sub zero. WAY louder.

Switched it back to neutral and back to a normal sound. That is wild.

So, I switched the setting to full draw and the sound changed dramatically on the sub zero. WAY louder.

Mine must be broken. It’s extremely similar in both settings.

this is exactly what happened to me and i posted it a while back.

Got back from Myrtle beach yesterday, where I played my Ping G400Max for 3rounds. Such a solid driver.
Upon arrival back home yesterday, I ran to the range to try my SZ trip diamond to get a feel for the comparison. The sound is def loud, aluminum bat like at times. The trip diamond is def fade biased as JMan pointed out. I can hardly hit a draw with it.....which I think I kinda like. The std SZ was def a little easier to hit a draw with. I can hit a nice small fade pretty consistently though. I was fiddling around with the settings and an extra 6g weight I had purchased. By adding the 6g weight, I did notice that it dulled the sound of the head a little, which is nice.
I’m still debating if I want to add a Cally tip to my Rogue 130 shaft or sit tight for a bit. I did tip up an AD TP and a Fuji Tour Spec to try out in the head. I think I’ll keep working to dial this driver in.

You can't hit a draw with it? I may need to hit one of those, cause I am pretty sure I could draw it.

Interesting. I've got mine set on full draw as well. Maybe why I'm noticing it being louder now than I remember. I'm going to move it over a few notches and see if it changes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting on the noise. I have mine set to Neutral and have never messed with it.

I think the feel/sound of a flushed ball with this driver may be my favorite ever.
I will second this! A flushed ball just sounds like a pure explosion off the face! Just sounds so fricking good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will second this! A flushed ball just sounds like a pure explosion off the face! Just sounds so fricking good!

Imo it’s a great muted sound. Reminds me of the 816 BDB when you hit this one dead center.

Tomorrow is my driver fitting, and I’m going in with this as my favorite pre fitting. Will be interesting to see the final results!

Imo it’s a great muted sound. Reminds me of the 816 BDB when you hit this one dead center.
I absolutely love the sound when you hit dead center! One of the best sounds in a driver I've heard in a long time. I wasn't a fan of the regular EPIC sound as it sounded like you were hitting a wooden baseball bat, lol and my buddy has a Titleist driver about 5 years old and it Pierce's my ears and hurts honestly now that I'm used to the sound of the Flash.

Have my EF SZ TD in the draw setting now too.

Interesting experiment today...

Since I got this driver I’ve had heavier weights in both the front and back. (I’m playing it at 44.5” this year)

So, for every round before today I had a 6g forward weight (stock is 2), and a 17.5g APW (stock is 12?).

With the stock weights, almost all of the metallic high pitched sound was gone. It seems like the heavier forward weight especially had an impact on the pitch.

I actually enjoyed the sound of my driver today. Now I’m really wondering what a little hot melt could do.

Broken record, but I had another productive day with the EF yesterday. Had a bunch of drives in the 240-250 range, and a couple of those weren’t struck all that well. A high of 271 wind assisted.

I put a couple sloppy swings in there and just don’t find this to be all that penal.

e8220358bb24f3d596b70daccf621da9.jpg

Draw setting feels really nice.

My testing saga continued yesterday but it's now complete. My last post was about my experience demoing with the tensei blue and yesterday I took the hazrdous smoke shaft out with the demo. Super lucky my home course has a Callaway connection and I can see some results on the course.

The hazrdous line and I haven't gotten along together in the past but this pairing was magic. On 2 holes I hit drives that were 15-20 yards longer than I'm used to with the rogue. I don't hit big bombs by any means with my high 90's SS but I was crushing this thing yesterday.

Ball flight was a little lower with the smoke which is what I needed. I hit everything fairly high from driver to wedge so this was awesome for me to see. Even missing on the heel I was finding the fairway and the distance penalty was very small.

Needless to say I bought the demo club on-site and can't wait to get back out there and play again. This is the most excited I've been about a driver in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone looking for a 10.5 SZ, holla!

Got a round in today with the SZ Trip Diamond. I played with it in the draw hosel setting on stated loft (10.5). I hit some really nice drives today and no miss hits that caused a concern. I was three over on the front 9 with some poor putting and played great on the back at 3 under.

I was surprised to see how high I hit it today on course, as the range seshs I’ve had implied the flight would be mid/low. I may even need to loft it down a touch, which is interesting. Alternatively, I may now move forward with getting a Cally tip for my Rogue 130 shaft. I hadnt bothered to date, as I was a bit nervous the shaft would be a bit too low launching.

Overall, a nice round with the driver.

Was recently fit into a an Epic Flash.

I was skeptical of the buzz---but Trackman and carry numbers vs. gamer don't lie.

Serious carry gains---and after playing around 33 holes or so with it (27 plus took my 5 year old out for a bit late this afternoon)---The mishits leave me far more often in a playable situation vs my Rogue SZ.

Was fit into an upgrade shaft so awaiting delivery. It's already impressive just using my prior gamer shaft.

Surprised really at how much I love this driver already.

It is, to my eyes and ears, ugly as can be and weird sounding.

But the results make that VERY easy to ignore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Played today with 2 guys I dont normally play with. They were both hitting taylormades, m5 or m6 not sure, but I hated the dead soudnd of their clubs compared to the EF.

Played today with 2 guys I dont normally play with. They were both hitting taylormades, m5 or m6 not sure, but I hated the dead soudnd of their clubs compared to the EF.

Funny....perhaps blasphemous for me to say, but I hit an M5 today for the first time after my round and actually enjoyed the thud of it. Think I’ll stick with the EF but I think they are both great drivers.

Funny....perhaps blasphemous for me to say, but I hit an M5 today for the first time after my round and actually enjoyed the thud of it. Think I’ll stick with the EF but I think they are both great drivers.

I thought the M5 felt better than the EF, personally. But, the EF made up the difference in performance. The EF feels livelier, so I can see where the M5 may feel/sound dead in comparison. But, it's a preference thing. One man's trash as they say.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back