is not gapping properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apex 19
PW 43° RH / LH 35.75" 63.50° 2.5 D0 D2
AW 48° RH / LH 35.50" 63.50° 2.4 D0 D2

Apex Pro 19
PW 45° RH / LH 35.75" 63.50° 1.9 D2 D2
AW 50° RH / LH 35.50" 63.50° 1.7 D2 D2

This is probably where I would start. My first guess is the loft may be off in the AW compared to the loft variance in each club. What is surprising is you say everything else falls in line. I only say this since you have a combo set and the Pros are 2* weaker throughout. That is unless you had them set the Pros to the standard Apex 19.

I love my combo set of irons but man, the apex pro aw has been a big let down since I’ve gotten it. I’m not sure exactly what it is but it falls short of the rest of the set.

I've struggled dialing in the distance with my AW the few times I've had it out. It seems like there may be a pretty big gap between it and the PW for me. It's still early and I need some actual range time to confirm, hopefully it's just early season swings causing it.

It's making me really wish I had a Swing Caddie to work these yardages out.

I think I like the Pro long irons more than the scoring irons. I did hit a couple big swooping 8i hooks around corners and trees to get GIR on two holes, though. The 4i just seems to want to go forever.

When you say....."falls short" do you mean in distance or performance compared to the other irons?

is not gapping properly?

I've struggled dialing in the distance with my AW the few times I've had it out. It seems like there may be a pretty big gap between it and the PW for me. It's still early and I need some actual range time to confirm, hopefully it's just early season swings causing it.

It's making me really wish I had a Swing Caddie to work these yardages out.

Kev, this is exactly what is happening with me. The aw doesn’t seem to pack the same jump and carry that the rest of irons do. (Apex 5i, apex pro 6-aw). I’m not sure if it’s spin or lack of spin or just not good compatibility shaft/head wise but carry with the aw is about 20 yds compared to the PW

Kev, this is exactly what is happening with me. The aw doesn’t seem to pack the same jump and carry that the rest of irons do. (Apex 5i, apex pro 6-aw). I’m not sure if it’s spin or lack of spin or just not good compatibility shaft/head wise but carry with the aw is about 20 yds compared to the PW

This was the area I was most concerned about in my bag actually. I'm going PW, AW (which I believe is 50* in this set) and then jump up to 56*. I'm going to have some big time adjusting to do, especially if my AW isn't gapping well.

In the past I went PW, 48*, 52* and 56*. The 48* was my 130 club and the 52* was my 120 club. In theory the AW should give me around 125 yards but it seems like I see 115-120 maybe. It's so early to tell but I'm going to need to get this figured out.

Interesting guys.
My Pro AW is literally my favorite approach club. I am trying to give myself 120-130 into as many holes as possible so I can use it.
With stock swings I'm seeing:
Pro AW - 125 ish
Pro PW - 138 ish
Pro 9i - 151ish

I agree, love the AW

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I went with a stronger lofted GW because I figured there would be some gapping issues for me with my normal setup from the PW, I would have been correct.

So, I went 48* in there instead of 50*.

When in doubt, have the loft checked on the AW, and if need be, bend it a touch strong.

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

The aw for me is my favorite too. The full pros are 2 degree weaker but I have combos.

Combo pro Loft for my set are this but I ordered them 1 degree strong.
8 = 34
9 = 38
PW = 43
AW = 48

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think there's gonna be any issue with keeping these irons in the bag. Played this weekend and turned in one of my best performances ever, in my second round of the year. Day started off in the 50s, but warmed up to 70s by the time we were finishing. I was seeing summer distances the first hole out with these, and some that played over my old summer distances by the end of the round. Only a few yards so far but I'm stoked to see how it shakes out. The flight on these things though... Good grief. To be hitting them as high as I am with no loss of distance is kind of crazy. Wind picked up at the end of the round, but even with the height I didn't have too many issues figuring out which iron to hit where. Could not be happier with this purchase.

One thing I want to add that these irons have enabled me to do something I never thought I'd do. I'm using the five iron off the tee on a ton of short par 4s and it has proven to be extremely reliable. Gives me 200-220 depending on ground conditions and I just KNOW it's going to hit the fairway.

One thing I want to add that these irons have enabled me to do something I never thought I'd do. I'm using the five iron off the tee on a ton of short par 4s and it has proven to be extremely reliable. Gives me 200-220 depending on ground conditions and I just KNOW it's going to hit the fairway.

The apex 5i is that way for me and it's great. It's my go to club off the tee on long par 3s.

Yesterday I took a few swings with @alex367 's Apex Pro 7i and Apex 5i. I might be re-thinking my current iron thoughts. Man that Apex Pro 7i felt good.

Had my lofts and lies checked. A little bit off, but nothing major. Lofts all standard now, and lie 1 degree up. Locked, loaded and ready for some good weather.

1 inch of snow incoming tonight lol.

Where did you go to get these checked out? I don't want to do GG here in town. Does Windmill GC do this kind of checking?

I got 4" of snow out in BWCK.

Where did you go to get these checked out? I don't want to do GG here in town. Does Windmill GC do this kind of checking?

I got 4" of snow out in BWCK.

Windmill will check it for you. They take a few days and charge something like $4 per club if it needs adjusted. They do a good job though.

My brother has a guy that he knows I am using to check all my stuff now. I trust him more than any shop, including Windmill. With this guy, I know I’m getting a perfectionist who knows what he is doing, and checks them with the same machine and process each time.

The apex 5i is that way for me and it's great. It's my go to club off the tee on long par 3s.

That is specifically why I went and ordered the 5i which should arrive by the end of the day today. I don;t like hitting hybrid into par 3's unless I absolutely have to. So I swapped out my '19 Apex 5h for my old X-Hot 4h and have dropped the 3w since I hit the 5w so well. The 5i will perfectly fit the gap between the 6i and the hybrid.

Windmill will check it for you. They take a few days and charge something like $4 per club if it needs adjusted. They do a good job though.

My brother has a guy that he knows I am using to check all my stuff now. I trust him more than any shop, including Windmill. With this guy, I know I’m getting a perfectionist who knows what he is doing, and checks them with the same machine and process each time.

Cool & thanks. Normally I'd just go play & not worry too much about this, but with all of the product Cally is pumping out, I'm more suspicious of QC.
The company I work at makes rubber products & I sit by the Engineering QC people...I hear things & they are not slammed like Cally is.

Cool & thanks. Normally I'd just go play & not worry too much about this, but with all of the product Cally is pumping out, I'm more suspicious of QC.
The company I work at makes rubber products & I sit by the Engineering QC people...I hear things & they are not slammed like Cally is.

Hear ya. If anything, it’s just piece of mind for me to get them checked. One less thing to take out of the equation when things go sideways, lol.

Super disappointed to find out that after being told my irons would be ready for build by today that I’m now looking at another 3 weeks.

Was originally told the 4 iron, 8, 9 & PW were out of stock and would be back in this week. Today they said April 15th.

The site shows 5-7 day backorder but my order was made at the beginning of March so the order is already well behind the advertised time it shows online.

No one in customer service really has an answer for what the issue is with getting the heads in either.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their order?

This is beginning to get comical.

A manager called me today and now they are saying it will be mid May before irons get shipped.

These were ordered beginning of March with a 5-7 day backorder. How does it get this far off? 2.5 months for irons seems crazy to me.

A manager called me today and now they are saying it will be mid May before irons get shipped.

These were ordered beginning of March with a 5-7 day backorder. How does it get this far off? 2.5 months for irons seems crazy to me.

Bummer dude

that is nuts, and to be honest, I'd be super ticked off by that. What did you order anyway?

that is nuts, and to be honest, I'd be super ticked off by that. What did you order anyway?

Combo set. Non smoke.

but nothing crazy about it right?

Nope. I asked for 1 extra tape wrap on some golf pride grips so unless there is a tape shortage I don’t know.

Brutal....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back