Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

This is going to happen as soon as I get moved and visit Club Champ...haven’t been fit in almost 3 years, mainly looking to confirm length/lie specs. I can probably guess shafts but I could always be surprised.

Can I “thank” this post more than once?

Had a chance to hit about 10 balls with the Pro and the CF19 this morning. I love the Pro when hit well but the standard Apex CF19 makes way to much sense for me. Nice flight and good numbers. As much as I liked them, they didn't give me anything I don't already get from my gamer set and were slightly behind the i500. If I do decide to change, the CF19 standard is a top 3 iron and probably the best release this year.

My Combo set will ship next week, and here is the forecast...

02e804b792951ca3f1a9a53cc8dcf1f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panic mode is starting -
!!!!Will the trade in deal be over tomorrow???!!!!!!
Read all 212 pages!
have 2014 pros which are beat up a bit
78 mph 7 iron swing speed
No time to try them much but...
Which shaft do I order??!!
Thinking reg apex as I am not getting any faster/younger/handsome - in this life anyway..
TIA

Panic mode is starting -
Read all 212 pages!
Thinking reg apex as I am not getting any faster/younger/handsome - in this life anyway..
TIA

That’s last line was solid!

I would say go to golf mart locally and do the deal then if you don’t like what you choose you have the 90 return policy to grab the other set.

for the record, I want to point out that not only did I make a shaft choice before Shred, but I also received my clubs before he made said choice haha

for the record, I want to point out that not only did I make a shaft choice before Shred, but I also received my clubs before he made said choice haha

Lol you know I would have won if I hadn’t been moving...I’m living in an apartment with a “no new purchases” embargo lol.

Hehehe

I think I could just order with DG TI X100 and be fine.

Lol you know I would have won if I hadn’t been moving...I’m living in an apartment with a “no new purchases” embargo lol.

Hehehe

I think I could just order with DG TI X100 and be fine.

Think of these as an updrage and not a completely new purchase haha

Think of these as an updrage and not a completely new purchase haha

Yeah, I used that technique for guitars for about 10 years. I was found out...

Panic mode is starting -
Read all 212 pages!
TIA

My advice. Don't buy green bananas.

I hit so many great shots with these irons today. 14 GIR and played the par 3s at Even Par (rare for me on my course). Its hard to describe other than to say I felt like I had the ball under complete control.

That’s last line was solid!

I would say go to golf mart locally and do the deal then if you don’t like what you choose you have the 90 return policy to grab the other set.

Thanks Alez! Don’t I have to order from Callaway to get the trade in? That’s my anxiety

Thanks Alez! Don’t I have to order from Callaway to get the trade in? That’s my anxiety

I got the trade in bonus from golf mart. That’s where I ordered my apex and pm grinds

Nice little 9 today and the combo set just shines. This release is just absolutely phenomenal, there simply aren’t words to do them justice.

What is everyone’s favorite club in the set so far? I’m in love with the pro 8 iron.

Nice little 9 today and the combo set just shines. This release is just absolutely phenomenal, there simply aren’t words to do them justice.

What is everyone’s favorite club in the set so far? I’m in love with the pro 8 iron.

favorite club? that’s is a good question. i’ve hit some stupid good shots with everything other than the 5i. not sure which is my favorite though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

favorite club? that’s is a good question. i’ve hit some stupid good shots with everything other than the 5i. not sure which is my favorite though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keep “schlepin” the whole set, dude. Way to pick just one.

12603e88ed97548faf844b46175379a2.jpg

Love the clubs, but I prefer a combo set of 919 Tour/Forged. The Apex Pros are absolutely stunning in performance and looks, but I don’t believe they have any advantages over the 919s, and I prefer the feel of the Mizunos. Two incredible sets of irons to be sure.

gotta be a good story behind this....

I have a tendency to hook 4 irons on long par 3s. Especially those adjacent to a neighborhood, with a jogging track, that’s full of people.

I have a tendency to hook 4 irons on long par 3s. Especially those adjacent to a neighborhood, with a jogging track, that’s full of people.

So did you order?

I had my best ball striking day today since getting these in the bag, just really good stuff.

Shot 37 on the front (par 36) with 2 birdies and had a birdie look on 6, eagle look on 7, and birdie look on 8. Burned edges and lip outs, cost me an under par front. The back 9 was back to earth but still put up a 44 with 2 doubles and another birdie.

When you have your mind right and commit to the shot the Catalyst 100 and the Pro heads are money.

So I got my Smoke Combos on Tuesday, but with our storms and rain all week I did not get to hit them. Our club’s 4 ball tournament started yesterday, but the range is still closed due to the 6.5 inches of rain.....

Screw it, I played the new irons even with no chance to hit them before the tournament....I was the highest HC of our foursome and was the medalist :banana:; my partner however was the low HC of the group and shot the highest score and we lost on 18.

Got out early today for another round and had another good day, happy happy so far.

I need a night to grab my yardages. Last night I was on the first hole, lasered back flag at 136. Pulled 9 iron because of soft conditions, made good contact and the ball flew the green hitting a tree that's about 15 feet long. Wet conditions might have played a role too, but just want to get them dialed in as I've gotten a few 9 hole rounds in with them so far.

Happy I went combo at this point. Forged feel good but the pro feels much better IMO. Was worried about maybe needing more height from Catalyst 100, but I'll be honest, what I'm seeing on the course tells me it's no issue whatsoever.

I need a night to grab my yardages. Last night I was on the first hole, lasered back flag at 136. Pulled 9 iron because of soft conditions, made good contact and the ball flew the green hitting a tree that's about 15 feet long. Wet conditions might have played a role too, but just want to get them dialed in as I've gotten a few 9 hole rounds in with them so far.

Happy I went combo at this point. Forged feel good but the pro feels much better IMO. Was worried about maybe needing more height from Catalyst 100, but I'll be honest, what I'm seeing on the course tells me it's no issue whatsoever.

How would you compare and contrast them to the P790s thus far (realizing that the Apex have Catalyst and the P790s have Recoils)?

Back