Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Crazy addicting, aren’t they.

Never ever ever thought I’d have Callaway irons in the bag this year, still thankful for the trade in deal making me take a chance though!

Just got off the range and I'm walking away amazed by the STANDARDS. My Lord they feel great. Softer and smoother than my srixon. I also never thought I would be hitting callaway irons again. I love Japanese forging but these are special. Happy Father's Day.

Stoked for you man! They are a cut above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are. Happy Father's Day. I am super satisfied. I hit same of my game balls today and they are even better than I would have thought. The feel is on another level with a quality ball. So of your interested in these hit them with quality balls.

Just got off the range and I'm walking away amazed by the STANDARDS. My Lord they feel great. Softer and smoother than my srixon. I also never thought I would be hitting callaway irons again. I love Japanese forging but these are special. Happy Father's Day.

Thank you! Happy Father's day to you too!

I know I am way late to the party on these but better late than never as they say. I finally went for an official iron fitting. I had been hitting a lot of irons lately seeing what i may like but mostly with just stock shafts in them at the stores. After getting a feel for what i liked (looks and feels) I decided to book a tour van fitting at 2nd swing. I hit multiple irons ping I210, srixon z785, jpx 919 forged, TM p790 and then the regular apex 19's. This was my first ever real fitting and was a great experience, very informative and the fitter was great. After hitting all the irons i narrowed it down to 2 different sets of irons for me the srixon Z785's and the Apex 19's. Both irons felt great. I got a little more spin (something i struggle with) and height with the Apex's and a fractional amount of more distance with the Srixon's (because of lower spin and height). The dispersion was best with the Apex's and while both felt great I decided to go with the Apex's. I was playing a stock off the shelf older box callaway set that i was not fit for and was their cheapest box set irons. I saw about a 7-10 yd difference in distance with the new irons and will definitely have more stopping power on the greens compared to the irons i was using (Callaway n416). I ordered the 4-AW +1/4, 2* up with KBS Tour C taper lite shafts. Now i just have to play the waiting game for them to arrive and cannot wait to get them on the course.

I played a really tight course yesterday from 6500 yards and used my 5i a TON off the tee, probably more than I ever have. I used it 5 times, all on par 4s, and all 5 were 225 (total after rollout) yards and safely in position.
The Pro long irons are so effective. Crazy playable in such a small and attractive package.

My favorite shot from the round was a 7i from 180 that was hit absolutely FLUSH to 5 ft. I'm going to keep reliving that shot in my mind until I hit a better one.

Crazy addicting, aren’t they.

Never ever ever thought I’d have Callaway irons in the bag this year, still thankful for the trade in deal making me take a chance though!

That trade in bonus was just a deal breaker.

That trade in bonus was just a deal breaker.

Of course I got my set of Apex irons at #TheGrandaddy but I was able to add the 5i and replace the Apex 5h with a Big Bertha 4h at no cost because of that trade-in bonus.

Finally had my first full round with the Apex combo in the bag, and I am loving the irons. I hit a lot of 4 irons off the tee, and that was a pure weapon, getting me an easy 220, with a little downhill help. I hit 3 of 4 par 3 greens with high flying 6 and 8 irons. Getting the ball in the air is no issue with these clubs, and with the height, holding greens has been no problem.

I ordered the Apex Pro DOTs from the tour van with the KBS $-Taper 120 in black PVD. They were just built up for me and I should be receiving them next Wednesday. I originally went in for a fitting to replace a set of the Adams Idea CB3 in black, which were great clubs, but I am ready to step up my game. The CB3 have a very low center of gravity so I was ballooning my shots with a tremendous amount of backspin. I was definitely losing yards because of this, and worse, the amount of spin when I hit the green would often spin right off.

During the fitting, I tried the Cobra King Forged CB, Srixon 785, Titleist AP2, Mizunu JPX919 Tour, and Apex Pro. My best two irons were the Apex Pro and the Cobra King Forged which I hit really well, but I liked the Apex better. At the time, I didn't even know the DOTs existed and was a little disappointed Club Champion didn't have the DOTs to try out, but after doing a ton of research, the DOTs were definitely the way to go for me, at least on paper. I was lucky enough to hit them a couple of weeks ago and they were incredible so I decided to buy a set. I really wanted to like the Mizunu JPX919 Tour, they are such a good looking club, but the results just weren't all that great for my swing. Second favorite was the Titleist AP2, what a hot looking club, but like many other people I know, and replies on this forum, they just don't hit that great for a lot of people including me.

The DOTs are one degree weaker from #3 to #9 and the PW is 2 degrees weaker. I hit my CB3 #7 about 170 yards, club speed is 90.4, so it will be interesting to see the difference in yardage between the two clubs. Because the CB3 balloon on me and I lost distance,I am really curious if the DOTs get me the extra yardage and they stay around the same distance, we will see! I also ordered a new set of wedges, I currently play with a 54 and 60 degree Vokey, but I often find myself trying to muscle a 125 yard 54 degree, when I should be hitting that about 100 yards with an 85% swing. Now I have a proper set of wedges, a 51 degree bent to 52, a 54 and a 60 degree, all of these are the raw Vokey's and I'm really looking forward to playing with a proper set of wedges.

I went with the Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord Grip in a mid-size. The irons #3 to #7 around a D3 swing weight and the #8 to PW will be a D5 swing weight. I'll practice with the clubs a couple of days then off to the trackman and I'll hit about 10 solid shots from each club to get a proper distance, laminate my yardage and stick it to the bag.

Good luck to all of you who got the new Apex Pro! They are really amazing clubs....

Here are my distances for the CB3 if anyone is interested. I'll update this yardage when I get the DOTs dialed in.

IronDistance (10 shot average)

PW137.9

Last edited:
Was able to get a pretty long range session yesterday morning before the temps got up there and thought there would be rain, so probably could have tried to get a round in, but kept with just the range for the day. I've been doing a lot of shorter sessions lately and convinced myself to go out and do a longer one again, brought plenty of water and gave myself scheduled breaks so I didn't get tired from swinging so many clubs. Got a large bucket which gave myself about 9-10 balls per club for each club I wanted to hit (everything except the MD4 wedges today). Made my way to the upper deck since my eyes sometimes have difficulty seeing where the balls land the further they go out. Sun comes up from the left side of the range and that gets in my eyes too.

Starting from the bottom of the bag, my irons from 9i to AW were having a slight draw and going the distance I would expect them to go, plus a little extra based on being on the upper deck. I've always been able to draw the higher lofted clubs more often, so this wasn't unusual and something I'll keep in mind next round out. Once I got into the 7i & 8i, the draw turned into a straight flight along with some fades. 5i and 6i gradually faded more, but I tried to get more aware of it, and sometimes my left wrist starts to get cupped a little. Focused more on keeping that wrist straight and could feel it on the downswing and I THINK it made a difference, but something to work on more for the future.

Overall the gapping I noticed felt right, but without knowing exactly how far they all went, it's hard to tell if I have any gap issues. Maybe the 5 and 6i are a little tighter together now, but again that's something to try to watch on the course next time I play. These clubs are just so fun to hit and just looking at them brings back so many awesome memories!

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Really comfortable with my short irons and feel much better with my 5/6 iron.

175 to a back pin but this was the 2nd half of 36 holes played I decided to club up and hit 5iron. I caught it perfectly drawing slightly towards the flag. One bounce and rolls up onto the fringe behind the flag, not a bad result at all.

Earlier in the day had a Par 3 playing 175 and I hit 6iron about 15 feet right of the pin and had a right to left tester but saved Par to also win closest to the pin.

Same hole later in the afternoon I grabbed 6iron again and it was drawing perfectly but went long. Walk up to the green and my ball mark is directly 10 feet right of the pin but it bounced off and on the fringe again. Not a bad shot by any means but also food for thought that 7iron could be my club for this number on back pins. Better to be on the green below the hole.

Hope to have a lesson scheduled up this week learning the knockdown shot and narrowing my stance.

Don't know what to say about these irons that hasn't been said already. Still in full honeymoon phase with these & I don't see that ending anytime soon.

So small buyer beware issue.

Was taking a lesson last night and swinging my 7 iron and heard a funny noise and then everything was a clinking noise afterwards. Called customer service this morning as I have a tournament next Friday and while they did honor a return on the club it wasn't a great experience and gave no confidence they could expedite. Not great after an over $1000 order. My sales rep is very nice but apparently it's not in their hands once it breaks. I will update here on the turnaround time on the return, but was told I don't get any email information, no tracking number, no status, no nothing. Given all the great things you guys have said about that team on this board I was surprised by how that call went, but I guess that's the nature of the business these days.

Past that, great clubs, but beyond bummed I may not be able to use them in my event next week.

Issue was the insert on the back of the club came loose..looks like Customer Service shipping today which should get the replacement to me in time for my event. As such, no harm no foul.

I'm still drooling over the 5i I hit off the tee on a par 4 a couple days ago. Middle of the end of the first part of the fairway was around 200 and you can get a little deeper into the fairway if you go a little farther left. I hit a perfect draw at the middle and it rolled into that left part, which means my 5i was 200+. After I hit it, I said "I can't get any more out of that 5i." I love it when a plan comes together.

Played Saturday and these irons still amaze me. I don't think I've ever been so confident with a set of irons. Well, that goes for the hole bag, top to bottom. Seeing my handicap drop and the shots I'm hitting with these clubs just make me smile. For instance I hit a 9 iron on a par 4 Saturday to 2 feet from the pin and I just chuckled to myself bc before getting fit into these irons, this kind of stuff didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My 12 year old son has only had his current Wilson D350's for about 6 months, but has grown several inches and gained a bunch in club head speed since then. He was playing 55 gram regular flex graphite shafts at 1" short in his irons and has started seeing some sporadic over draws with his irons that is not normal for him. He was fit for a new driver a month or so ago and ended up with a 70 gram 6.0/stiff HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft in the driver. He went through the new Mizuno shaft optimizer with the blue tooth/software and was recommended the TT XP 95 shaft in stiff flex.

So he did an iron fitting yesterday and tested several options and ended up with the standard Apex 19's with the TT Elevate 95 shaft in stiff flex. I'm not sure if it was the head since he was coming from SGI irons, or the VSS tech in the Elevate shafts, but he was really surprised at how much better the Apex/Elevate combo felt to him than his Wilson's. He was also only spinning the Wilson 7 iron at around 3500 rpms and was seeing high 5k and even broke 6k a few times with the Apex/Elevate 7i. And without losing any distance. He was hitting on GC2, so we don't have club head speed numbers, but I suspect he managed to keep the carry numbers in the same ball park because he was playing stock length now versus 1" short. The Mizuno optimizer was showing him to average 76 mph with the test iron. The other big take away was that the combo was money for him accuracy-wise. He only hit a few shots that all ended up within a few feet of the target line and he was pretty much sold. We had him hit a few other options and he kept wanting to go back to the Apex for comparison over any of the other options. He tried the XP 95 in most of the other options, so I don't know if the lack of the VSS was as much of a deal breaker as it was the heads.

So we ended up ordering him the 6-AW with the Elevate 95 shafts in stiff (stock length/lie) and should get them in a week or so. I was wearing sandals so I didn't hit them, but I'm interested in hitting these when they come in. If they feel great to me, I might have to try the TT Sensicore inserts in my current shafts. It was a nice touch that the shafts he liked we the stock steel option, and that the stock grips were the Tour Velvet 360 as he's currently a tour velvet player. He's keeping his D350 4 & 5 hybrids, so now I'm going to have to get the shafts swapped out to something a little heavier/stouter for him. Maybe Recoils?

Just bought a custom Combo set in the smoke finish over the weekend. Should be here within 2 weeks. To say I’m giddy is an understatement coming from old Mizuno blades.

The one issue I’ve always had is really high spin numbers and ballooning my shots in the wind (I also hit the ball really high). When I had my fitting at 2ndSwing I wasn’t even contemplating these irons - I was looking at the AP2 or p760. After 3 shots the fitter got excited and just said “so excited to end my day on an easy fitting”.

Gave me the AP2, showed me my spin numbers and distances. Then said - “are you ready to have your mind blown” and put the Apex Pro in my hand.

I proceeded to hit constant 190 yard 7 irons that felt pure and consistent off the face (my normal 7 iron is around 175-180 in the MP-67).

I’m so excited to get this set, especially as I’ve read through almost this entire thread confirming the choice I made.

Purchase - combo smoke 4-GW with Project X 6.5 +1/2” and 1* up (surprisingly the exact same as I had in my mizunos which I guessed at 10+ years ago).

I’ll definitely be posting pictures when these get in the bag.

I’ve been grinding a bit to get the Apex Pros dialed in for me. Discovered my 9 iron was 2 degrees weak, after noticing it was going basically the same distance as my pw. I’m nearly there now and enjoying the set.
Shot my best round of the season this past Saturday with them in the bag. I also give kudos to my Ping Max, OG Taylormade RBZ tour issue 5 wood and 410 hybrid.
The irons have a unique feel to them and I’m enjoying the mid and long irons.

I’m such a broken ass record here.

The combo set is unreal. The distances I’m hitting these are unreal. The height and ability to hold greens is everything I wished the CF16 would have been.

They’re complete. They’re good looking. They turn heads when you compress an iron.

I’m such a broken ass record here.

The combo set is unreal. The distances I’m hitting these are unreal. The height and ability to hold greens is everything I wished the CF16 would have been.

They’re complete. They’re good looking. They turn heads when you compress an iron.

I hit these really well today. I was long a ton, but it wasn’t flyers or anything - distances were consistent, just longer with some swing changes. And zero issues holding greens with even mid irons. I really like everything about these. No issues hitting little touch pitch shots with the PW or short irons either.

I may go back to something a bit heavier than the Elevate 95s in these, but man do they feel great.

Reading you aren't having the same issues as the CF16 does make me want to try these. I really like my irons and am not looking but can't help but ponder. Could probably cover the same gaps with 5-aw as I am with 4-aw currently and open up another spot in the bag.

I hit these really well today. I was long a ton, but it wasn’t flyers or anything - distances were consistent, just longer with some swing changes. And zero issues holding greens with even mid irons. I really like everything about these. No issues hitting little touch pitch shots with the PW or short irons either.

I may go back to something a bit heavier than the Elevate 95s in these, but man do they feel great.

Im thinking the same thing in terms of shaft. I dont hate the catalyst 100s, but man the ball gets up there in the air haha I might just do a shaft swap with my CF16's and get the Pro 19's bent 2* upright like I was fit to. I love the sound and feel of the Pro's, just something is a tough off and i think the shaft and lie angle getting corrected is a step in the right direction.

very interested in the Apex smoke, but thinking of going with the PX LZ Tour graphite, has anyone switched over to graphite from steel and liked the change? I have been playing the PX 95 for the past few years and liked them but looking towards the future and old age, haha

Back