Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

My bank account did not need these to be released. After 4+ seasons with the original Apex, these will eventually be what knock them out of the bag. Glad to see they have brought the face cup further into the set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, they aren't released yet and we were all scared straight about taking pictures on site.

Heads up they are Smoke, not black. Think dark gray. IIRC Its a different process from what was used on the Berthas, too.

I guess I don’t get why they aren’t talking about them when they come out next month....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke finish says it is a 2/22 release date and $20 more a club than standard on the Callaway website this morning.

Smoke finish says it is a 2/22 release date and $20 more a club than standard on the Callaway website this morning.

2/22 it is... I wonder how the finish will hold up?

Thanks so much! So you found the offset between the "regular" Apex and the PTx to be similar? How about launch?
I really should have done some side by side comparisons...sorry. There is nothing that stands out to me about this profile compared to the PTx. Part of why I love them so much is the profile is squarely in that same zone. Offset doesn't seem different to me...but I'm not super finicky about these things, either.

I haven't hit the long irons that much yet. To me, that's where the PTx really shined. Let me get back to you on that.

My bank account did not need these to be released. After 4+ seasons with the original Apex, these will eventually be what knock them out of the bag. Glad to see they have brought the face cup further into the set.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Get the shaft right and you'll never look back

For me in the 7i:
Xforged - 5500
Apex Pro - 5000
Apex - 3700

Hope that helps and gives you a good idea where the models sit. Fair warning though, I don't generate spin worth a damn so my numbers will be lower than most. Also spin isn't the entire story. For me the Pros have so much speed that they rip to a massive peak height.

Wow, those are extremely low spin numbers for a 7i aren't they?! Did they try and do anything to get your spin numbers up in your fitting?

Wow, those are extremely low spin numbers for a 7i aren't they?! Did they try and do anything to get your spin numbers up in your fitting?
We talked about it but it's like trying to draw blood from a rock. My swing is so messed up that every time we put in a shaft with a softer tip my spin numbers dropped.

Ultimately though my flight is very good and the spin remains very usable despite being a little low. 7i is pumping out 125 mph ball speed, 39 yard peak height and 49* descent angle.

For me in the 7i:
Xforged - 5500
Apex Pro - 5000
Apex - 3700

Hope that helps and gives you a good idea where the models sit. Fair warning though, I don't generate spin worth a damn so my numbers will be lower than most. Also spin isn't the entire story. For me the Pros have so much speed that they rip to a massive peak height.

That was my problem with the CF16, just not enough spin for me. The pros are intriguing but I’m not sure I can give up the XForged.

clean looking irons. These are a great example of the internal conflict I always have with irons. The Apex would serve me perfectly with the forgiveness and tech. But the pros look so good.

Superficiality is my weakness.
Well the beauty of the Apex Pros this time around is you arent sacrificing near as much tech, since they have the Cup Face too.

Great reviews guys! These look fantastic my Rogues are for sale and one of these will be ordered 1/11. There’s some chatter elsewhere about the 43° PW. Can anyone confirm that the launch is in the same window as the CF16 PW? If launch window is the same I could care less what degree it is. If not this is a concern.

The long awaited refresh to the Apex line is finally here, and this time it's more than a facelift. In the past the Apex Pros were compact forged irons with progessive CGs, and vibration dampening material used throughout the set.

This time around Callaway wanted to jam every bit of tech possible into the heads, but without sacrificing their size and profile. The result is a set of irons with beautiful looks, dimensions that firmly place it in the "players iron" category, and Callaway's legendary Cup Face tech from the long irons down to the 7 iron.

The irons feature a combination chrome and brushed finish. The main body is chrome while the face and cavity are brushed, and there are two small shiny accent badges in the upper corners of the cavity.

Top line is nice and small without being a butter knife, and the sole width is certainly on the narrower side as well. Blade length is pretty standard (not long, not short). Offset is present but it's really quite minimal and not worth spending any time on. All these things combine to present an incredibly attractive package.

The 8 iron down to the A Wedge have a nice solid forged feeling. Soft, solid, and pleasing. The feel in the 5i to the 7i is slightly livelier and higher pitched but is very surprisingly still appropriate and it matches the ball flight - if that makes any sense.

When it comes to performance these irons deliver in spades. In the long irons I have never hit an iron that looks so small & hits so big, and I've already hit some shots with the 7 iron that make me think I'm way better than I am. The short irons are precise and consistent, with a flight that's higher than expected and steep descent angles. As a set overall, they are lower spinning than some other sets in the same category, but they make up for it with added speed and height.

As a quick 7-Iron comparison to the Callaway X-Forged, I've found the the Apex Pros launch the same and spin approx. 500 rpms less, but with 5-6mph more ball speed the Pros peak higher and descend at the same angle. Basically they have more firepower and sacrifice nothing.
9c319e7a0c37fe2bd02ede03400e0bdf.jpg
c8ade0315923e47b967336ed23017fda.jpg
c7a6f1b873a0c933323d2b6a0286e8ae.jpg
e5289db11f98a66d4ed7bdc4c48cc333.jpg

OK, now the Pro's I could get behind. Thanks for the pics my friend.

Did any of you guys who hit both the regular Apex and the Pro see any noticeable difference in distance between the two?

I was getting around 6200-6300 on spin with my 7i in the Steelfiber 110s. I have no problem holding greens. Zero.

The pros are some serious lookers. All the reviews have been great - well done guys and keep it coming.

...and now i need new irons. Man these look and sound amazing. Great stuff all.

So I had some free time at ECPC in between fitting groups and I went over and grabbed an 8 iron. Stupid easy to hit, very smooth feel and right at the distance of my current CF16 8 iron. I went to tell dacatalyst about how awesome the new Apex is, looked at it and realized I was hitting the Apex Pro. I couldnt believe it. I will have a set as soon as they are out and I cant wait

Oh dear. Apex distance in the pro line? That’s not what I wanted to hear, go away

Oh dear. Apex distance in the pro line? That’s not what I wanted to hear, go away

My normal 8 iron distance with my cf16 is 170. I was all over the 170 flag with the new apex pro 8 iron

My normal 8 iron distance with my cf16 is 170. I was all over the 170 flag with the new apex pro 8 iron

Did you even amuse yourself with the regular model?

Stunning. Not in the market for irons but that hadn’t stopped me before

Did you even amuse yourself with the regular model?

I did but moreso in the long irons. A combo set might be perfect for me

Man these look good!
949f3ddb223bf1a97d802083ded6fd50.jpg

I've gained one full club with the Apex Pros over my previous sets (V6, PTx), and the Pros are a full club longer than XForged and Apex MB and the top of the bag.

The gaping between irons is a little greater than Ive had before, so the AW flies the same as my old GW while the top end are all a full club longer. Basically this gives me more firepower and no issues at the bottom of the bag.

Back