Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

if carry is similar, and descent is better, wouldn't the elevates be the obvious choice?

You would think, but the launch is giving me pause. Again not being able to see it outside versus comparing to what "ideal" launch is with a 7i, it's a bit high.

Mike based on that, I would think that its ballooning a bit, but more from a flip during the swing. Sadly a shaft wont change that much, trust me I know this one haha.

My swing definitely plays into the equation here. I'm guessing the Elevates are doing as they were designed and getting the ball up in the air. Maybe I don't need "that much help" and that is causing the launch numbers to go up.

My swing definitely plays into the equation here. I'm guessing the Elevates are doing as they were designed and getting the ball up in the air. Maybe I don't need "that much help" and that is causing the launch numbers to go up.

They can definitely assist with the initial launch. I really enjoyed them. Im still a composite person, but the good news is there are tons of options.
I played the 7-PW of this set for the last two rounds and really just enjoy the heck out of them.

They can definitely assist with the initial launch. I really enjoyed them. Im still a composite person, but the good news is there are tons of options.
I played the 7-PW of this set for the last two rounds and really just enjoy the heck out of them.

i'm guessing you had Recoils in the 7-pw?

I spent some time with these yesterday and I'm at a bit of a crossroads here with what shafts to play in the Apex Smoke combo set i am going to order.

The Elevate 95 feels good throughout the swing and is producing some good numbers, (I am looking at carry, launch, spin and descent), but the descent angle has me wondering if some ballooning is taking place. it's hard to tell on the launch monitors and not being outside to see the ball flight, but with the launch being around 20* that seems high. I pause because I was still getting carry in the mid 160's, spin around 5800 and descent between 46-49. On the other side the Catalyst 80's were giving me launch in the 17-18 degree range, similar carry, spin was a touch lower, and descent was 43-44.

My big hang up is I liked the feel of the Elevate's better than the Catalyst, but feel like those numbers (especially launch) seem high and could be detrimental.

I'm someone who tends to flip a bit, or at least come in pretty much neutral - I don't have a lot of forward shaft lean. When I got back I played a bunch of rounds in winter conditions, which tends to mean a bunch of wind around here. On days when I wasn't hitting the ball well I was getting eaten up by the wind, but it was 100% swing. The last few times I've gone out on course and on the range it's been quite windy and the Apex-Elevate combo has held the line in the wind very well.

Whenever I've gone to a shaft to get the launch down I find myself hitting the ball less consistently - the early release is better suited with a bit more tip-active shaft.

The elevate tours were definitely different than I’m used to seeing with catalyst 100. Weight with elevate was perceived to be more in the hands as compared to catalyst. I will say that my first couple shots with elevate, the ball flight was great for someone who normally doesn’t come into a green with a higher ball flight. I had previously written off ever staying with elevate shafts but after the initial first round, I’m more than sure I’ll be giving elevate a fair test run over the next 30 days. Nothing beats catalyst for overall feel but actual results with elevate were very playable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to completely agree with you Alex, I really came to love the feel of the Catalyst 100 in the rogue pros but the Elevate Tour is really working well and 3 rounds in a row this weekend there was no additional pain which is nice.

Still have the Catalyst waiting in the wings, but I am getting closer to just letting them go and using that money for a new Putter...

The elevate tours were definitely different than I’m used to seeing with catalyst 100. Weight with elevate was perceived to be more in the hands as compared to catalyst. I will say that my first couple shots with elevate, the ball flight was great for someone who normally doesn’t come into a green with a higher ball flight. I had previously written off ever staying with elevate shafts but after the initial first round, I’m more than sure I’ll be giving elevate a fair test run over the next 30 days. Nothing beats catalyst for overall feel but actual results with elevate were very playable for me.

mine are out for delivery!

for the spin concerns, in my hands the standard forged spun a bit more than other irons in the class. a few hundred revs more than my gamer kftb, right around the same as the p790, and a few hundred revs less than the mizuno 919f. but the dispersion, distance and feel was miles better with the apex than anything else.

0c53b1cb5c992b93845703c1eebee6f6.jpg

Apex is coming!!!

I'm someone who tends to flip a bit, or at least come in pretty much neutral - I don't have a lot of forward shaft lean. When I got back I played a bunch of rounds in winter conditions, which tends to mean a bunch of wind around here. On days when I wasn't hitting the ball well I was getting eaten up by the wind, but it was 100% swing. The last few times I've gone out on course and on the range it's been quite windy and the Apex-Elevate combo has held the line in the wind very well.

Whenever I've gone to a shaft to get the launch down I find myself hitting the ball less consistently - the early release is better suited with a bit more tip-active shaft.

back to my comments with JB, I am sure my swing is playing a role here. Wind is wind, and I am not really worried about the ball in those conditions, but was more thinking from calm to mild winds and the high launch factor. I'm sure the active tip is doing it's job.

I need to go and see if the Elevate Tours are in the bay to hit because this might be the answer. I think the Elevate 95's might be too light and the weight of the tours is what I need. Having played the PX LZ Steel in my previous irons, I really liked that 115gm weight.

back to my comments with JB, I am sure my swing is playing a role here. Wind is wind, and I am not really worried about the ball in those conditions, but was more thinking from calm to mild winds and the high launch factor. I'm sure the active tip is doing it's job.

I need to go and see if the Elevate Tours are in the bay to hit because this might be the answer. I think the Elevate 95's might be too light and the weight of the tours is what I need. Having played the PX LZ Steel in my previous irons, I really liked that 115gm weight.

I will say I think it took some getting used to the lighter weight and swinging a bit more smoothly through the ball, and there was a bit of frustration there for a few rounds. But... I think I've been rewarded for waiting it out and everything feels natural with these now. The last time I was out I probably had the best overall iron contact through the bag that I've had in a long time. That said, I think in my case it was nice to have the validation that I was fit for that setup by one of the best.

For what it's worth I didn't see a whole lot of difference in launch between the Tours and the 95s.

If you end up trying the 95 and liking them I will have some clean pulls available.

My irons have shipped and will be delivered on Wednesday along with my Apex 19 #4 hybrid.

Really looking forward to everyone else's thoughts once they're able to get them on the course. These are very much in position to be my favorite ever iron set - replacing the PING i25. I liked, but did not love the CF16 and never really "clicked" with them. These, after the adjustment to the lighter shaft weight have been great in my last couple times on course and especially my last range session.

Really looking forward to everyone else's thoughts once they're able to get them on the course. These are very much in position to be my favorite ever iron set - replacing the PING i25. I liked, but did not love the CF16 and never really "clicked" with them. These, after the adjustment to the lighter shaft weight have been great in my last couple times on course and especially my last range session.

I think they are 100% on their way to becoming my favorite iron of all time. They feel almost as good as my 718 AP2, are as easy to hit as my ping G25(prob my former favorite iron), and as long as the P790. They are bonkers.

a box is waiting for me at the front desk. a little range sesh might be in order.

a box is waiting for me at the front desk. a little range sesh might be in order.

Excited for you. We are enduring the worst winter in years. I was out blowing snow again at 6:30 this morning. Hit a few for me!

It's killing me that I can't get on a course to use my Pros! They feel so good on the simulator and I get more and more excited each time I swing them.

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

643430015ddfdd477d82a7a7f083a2a2.jpg

Ta Da.....

a2ac1fe3ae5f4503c6f5fe6ecd7ffac4.jpg

Look at what I got...

Last edited:
i will never get tired of seeing pics of these irons. absolute stunners. mine are still taking a nap in the shipper, waiting to be brutalized this evening.

My Apex’s are exactly the same Specs & Shaft that was fitted for in the Rogue Pros at the ECPC... I have a small window of tonight, before I ship off my Rogue Pros...

Any particular comparison do y’all want to see in the Sim?

:crying:

Oh man, I'm so excited as well for my build and everyone is getting theirs already

Enjoyed your write-up and would love to try those Paderson shafts. Did you try the Project X Catalyst 80? I'm assuming you did but was wondering how those compared for you.

i will never get tired of seeing pics of these irons. absolute stunners. mine are still taking a nap in the shipper, waiting to be brutalized this evening.

They really are so good looking. The feeling is addictive, too. Hit indoors yesterday and I could just pound balls for hours. These things are amazing.

Not to search the entire thread .... but is anyone gaming these with the Catalyst shafts?

Back