Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Not to search the entire thread .... but is anyone gaming these with the Catalyst shafts?

lots of people. what's your question? i didn't go that route, but i've tested them with catalyst.

More pics:

9aa8f6845272c6b80d97b87c5f7340bf.jpg

53a5ddbb55671531c08120094ddbfeb4.jpg

6e8a8e690916fe5b3275d713d096aaf9.jpg

b3ac4615e5ed4926c3e4e03219c1cbd0.jpg

fd1a57aa3019a26513ce3bd59a2b253c.jpg

Rogue Pro on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of people. what's your question? i didn't go that route, but i've tested them with catalyst.

Wanted to know what kind of ball flight and if anyone used the 80g vs 100g shaft?

More pics:

9aa8f6845272c6b80d97b87c5f7340bf.jpg

53a5ddbb55671531c08120094ddbfeb4.jpg

6e8a8e690916fe5b3275d713d096aaf9.jpg

b3ac4615e5ed4926c3e4e03219c1cbd0.jpg

fd1a57aa3019a26513ce3bd59a2b253c.jpg

Rogue Pro on the right

That shaft looks SO good in this setup. I don’t know anything about those, need to check them out.

That shaft looks SO good in this setup. I don’t know anything about those, need to check them out.

That’s because you have a Shaft Guy, we all don’t have a Shaft Guy. ; )

Ya C-Taper Lites is an awesome shaft. That would be shaft of choice if I still played steel. They look great @JDax.

Wanted to know what kind of ball flight and if anyone used the 80g vs 100g shaft?

they're such different animals. not saying you are, but one can't just go by weight and make a decision. 80 is super smooth, explosive and a launcher. i loved the feel, just had a hard time delivering the club consistently. 100 felt really stout to me when i tried it. too stout, tbh.

they're such different animals. not saying you are, but one can't just go by weight and make a decision. 80 is super smooth, explosive and a launcher. i loved the feel, just had a hard time delivering the club consistently. 100 felt really stout to me when i tried it. too stout, tbh.

I game the 80g 6.0 Catalyst shafts and agree with McLovin's assessment, but I haven't tried the 100's so can't compare.

I was actually worried after a couple rounds that I really needed to go after the 80's to get good strikes with them...fortunately, I totally proved that wrong during my last round with smoother tempo that got me the best results with them yet.

I game the 80g 6.0 Catalyst shafts and agree with McLovin's assessment, but I haven't tried the 100's so can't compare.

I was actually worried after a couple rounds that I really needed to go after the 80's to get good strikes with them...fortunately, I totally proved that wrong during my last round with smoother tempo that got me the best results with them yet.
I have to wait for the 100g shaft I suppose because the 80g are .370 tip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have to wait for the 100g shaft I suppose because the 80g are .370 tip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Assuming you’re going with apex pros then correct? Cause the apex and apex combos are both parallel hosels.

I just shimmed mine, worked perfectly fine

QUOTE=golfinnut;6027601]I have to wait for the 100g shaft I suppose because the 80g are .370 tip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Assuming you’re going with apex pros then correct? Cause the apex and apex pros are both parallel hosels.

actually I was looking for another OEM's perspective on the Catalyst shaft. I haven't decided on heads yet. I want to be able to hit them all once I'm back

actually I was looking for another OEM's perspective on the Catalyst shaft. I haven't decided on heads yet. I want to be able to hit them all once I'm back

Gotcha. Well if you don’t find the info you’re looking for the catalyst threads, just ask and I’ll answer as much as I can. I think I’m the thper with most playing experience with catalyst shafts.

From personal very expensive experience the 80 parallel is a different animal all together from the 100 taper, different feel, launch and a 1/2 flex lighter.

But that is just a personal "feel" perspective so no real info to go by, maybe the THP lab can test them at some point in time?

Some numbers for y’all that want them:

38a5e07e1ac4fa7eb3c6778f9be1eb4d.jpg

3aeda880be504ad2df5222c545281a79.jpg

Apparently I can’t not hook the 9 iron...

More to come...

I'm so loving what i'm reading about the Apex 19's. I've never gamed Callaway clubs. Love the balls though. I think not gaming Callaway clubs needs to change and change soon! Would love to try the Apex 19's with Recoils... I need to find a demo day. In the past I would have been all over the Pro's. But not this time.

Some numbers for y’all that want them:

38a5e07e1ac4fa7eb3c6778f9be1eb4d.jpg

3aeda880be504ad2df5222c545281a79.jpg

Apparently I can’t not hook the 9 iron...

More to come...

dax, can you do a comparison between prov1 and chromesoft with the new apex irons?

dax, can you do a comparison between prov1 and chromesoft with the new apex irons?

These numbers are with the CS ... I’ll get a ProV1

Im playing the CF16 Apex/Apex pro combo with the XP 95, I was wondering what is the equivalent shaft now for the CF19s, Also do the Apex19 have a thinner topline than the 16's?

I was thinking of not doing the combo this time and going with one or the other as I felt the different toplines of the combo is too much in the 16 Apex combos.

Im playing the CF16 Apex/Apex pro combo with the XP 95, I was wondering what is the equivalent shaft now for the CF19s, Also do the Apex19 have a thinner topline than the 16's?

I was thinking of not doing the combo this time and going with one or the other as I felt the different toplines of the combo is too much in the 16 Apex combos.

The stock elevate 95 I found to feel pretty similar to the xp95.

b5327bd1ef2079f819bf14b1c57f0d0a.jpg

The first one was a hair fat... The second was absolutely crushed...

plastic off and straight to the range with pw, 7i and 5i.

it was less than encouraging. i hit some nice shots, but i hit a lot in the hosel. and the good ones i hit were left going left. i’ve never been fit to 1up. and i want to trust the fitting, but this was what i was worried might happen.

pw and 7i had the hardest draw flight. 5i was pretty straight, but a real struggle. no consistency at all. i tested the forgiveness quite a bit with these three irons, and it’s pretty amazing.

the good news is they feel amazing. and the look even better. they really are the perfect size for what i want, and the offset is not noticeable at all. i also loved the mcc+4 align grips.

i will give it some more time, and a few rounds before i go for a lie angle analysis. so while i’m not jumping for joy after this first session, i don’t regret the purchase one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

plastic off and straight to the range with pw, 7i and 5i.

it was less than encouraging. i hit some nice shots, but i hit a lot in the hosel. and the good ones i hit were left going left. i’ve never been fit to 1up. and i want to trust the fitting, but this was what i was worried might happen.

pw and 7i had the hardest draw flight. 5i was pretty straight, but a real struggle. no consistency at all. i tested the forgiveness quite a bit with these three irons, and it’s pretty amazing.

the good news is they feel amazing. and the look even better. they really are the perfect size for what i want, and the offset is not noticeable at all. i also loved the mcc+4 align grips.

i will give it some more time, and a few rounds before i go for a lie angle analysis. so while i’m not jumping for joy after this first session, i don’t regret the purchase one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My Rogue Pros must know they are being shipped back tomorrow.... I’ve never hit them as well as I did today... lol

Back