Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

so i really didn't hit these very well at all tonight. ...and yet i can't wait to hit them again. what does that tell you?! they're absolutely addicting.

so i really didn't hit these very well at all tonight. ...and yet i can't wait to hit them again. what does that tell you?! they're absolutely addicting.

Sooooooo addicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I hit mine they just seem like a special set of irons. I've been through plenty of sets and these rank right up there.

ad3f70e84b1d072c39a9cb09abfe73cd.jpg

No one asked but here is the Apex 19s with the ERC Soft...

No one asked but here is the Apex 19s with the ERC Soft...

171 7i? #strong!

I’m playing Wednesday with my apex combos. I hope they go straight. I’ll give an opinion afterwards.
c5b17375cc61168a910cdc6a3ba7c7dc.jpg

171 7i? #strong!

When you hit it on the screws, it has that feeling of sweet nothingness that is addictive...

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Dam your pounding that 7 iron. Nice

b30303da27437eaf7c8c60affd1d4a53.jpg

I was pounding 7 irons tonight, even with the Chrome Soft... The Ball Speed is eye opening...

Another thing that I noticed is even as I was getting tired (you can tell that my swing speed decreased from the 7 irons with the Chrome Soft to the ERC Soft), the ball still flew...

Yes it looks like the erc was giving you more distance when swing was slower. Might get 10 yards with that ball when not tired....

Another thing that I noticed is even as I was getting tired (you can tell that my swing speed decreased from the 7 irons with the Chrome Soft to the ERC Soft), the ball still flew...

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like your Club Head speed wasn't actually measured, just a calculation based on the locked in 1.36 smash factor.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like your Club Head speed wasn't actually measured, just a calculation based on the locked in 1.36 smash factor.

That is correct on this sim

Yes they do. Should follow this

Callaway Golf Lie Angle colors are applied to the top groove (see photo below) of face nearest toe. ...
Blue = 3 degrees upright.
White = 2 degrees upright.
Green = 1 degree upright.
No Color = Standard Lie.
Gold = 1 degree flat.
Red = 2 degrees flat.
Yellow = 3 degrees flat.

can confirm. ordered mine 1up, and the paintfills on the hosels are green.

can confirm. ordered mine 1up, and the paintfills on the hosels are green.

672b14beb97fb415e7d4d080c5203339.jpg

Green on mine too, 1°Up ...

I’m playing Wednesday with my apex combos. I hope they go straight. I’ll give an opinion afterwards.
c5b17375cc61168a910cdc6a3ba7c7dc.jpg

You are aware that the right handed irons are 10 yards longer?

From the photos, it looked like it's an older GC2 machine. What I've been told when going into a hitting bay with one is to ignore the clubhead speed because it doesn't have the ability to accurately measure. I believe in the newer GC Quads you can.

Enjoyed your write-up and would love to try those Paderson shafts. Did you try the Project X Catalyst 80? I'm assuming you did but was wondering how those compared for you.

Thanks, but I actually did not try the catalyst. I'm assuming that the fitter was looking for a specific type of shaft profile specific to my swing. From what I read about the Catalyst 80, it's a low launching shaft with a reinforced tip. He specifically said he wanted a shaft that I can load better for the ideal kickpoint. I can't remember all the different graphite shafts I tried out, but the Paderson felt the most like steel, stout and firm.

I had a quick 50 ball range session tonight to work on something with my 7 iron after last weekends time on the launch monitor. I come away just internally raving about these irons. The ball comes off the face with so much more oomph than other players irons that I've hit, with such a solid and powerful feel. It's absolutely addicting to hit and so much fun. I was able to get into a real groove tonight since I was just working with the 7 iron and was giggling to myself as I flighted some different shots, went at targets, and worked the ball both ways. Obviously this isn't indicative of my skill level at all since one never hits 50 7 irons in a row (other than Roy), but it was sure damn fun!

Some interesting swing discoveries I had the last few days. The further I stand from the ball at address the more likely I am to strike it heelside and come in too shallow...who knew? Moving fractionally closer gives me a more centered contact and a higher flight.

I keep drooling over these irons every time I see the pictures of them.

feedback here has obviously been phenomenal. if you care about the youtube review guys, the most popular one recently said the pros are a strong candidate for his iron of choice this year. and my favorite non-thp content said in their live q&a last night that the apex 19 pro is the best player's iron they've ever tested.

feedback here has obviously been phenomenal. if you care about the youtube review guys, the most popular one recently said the pros are a strong candidate for his iron of choice this year. and my favorite non-thp content said in their live q&a last night that the apex 19 pro is the best player's iron they've ever tested.

Dang, that's some pretty high praise. It's pretty cool seeing others get the kind of performance we have been able to experience.

Dang, that's some pretty high praise. It's pretty cool seeing others get the kind of performance we have been able to experience.

for me, there is no replacement for the validation from grandaddy guys, and the rest of us who are using our own money to buy these. but when the brand-agnostic influencers are echoing the same thing, it's some pretty tasty icing on that cake.

now, i just ate lunch at my desk so i can go and hit some balls on my break :)

That's phenomenal feedback! Still, I'm not surprised. IMO, this is the best release full line release ever and these irons are a huge part of that.
It's one thing to make one of the best set of irons ever. It's another thing to improve on that line again. Line struck twice in this case.

Back