Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

First base line, huh? I guess I need to try that with my 2up's as I don't usually aim that far right (at least I don't think I do haha).

Tim!!! Tell us more, my friend. Which heads and shafts did you order?

I went with the standard Apex as much as I like to think I am a golfer, I need some forgiveness. I have played irons usually with shaft weights around 120-130grams. Decided I wanted to try something a little lighter. Going with the stock Elevate shafts. 5 iron through approach wedge. I have been gaming Srixon z585’s and I really do like them. However, as a first class HO, I had to try these out with everyone giving such glowing reviews. I am anxious, and nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha man i miss you. You are purchasing machine lately.

I figure you, me and Josh are getting the band back together. We just picked up a new drummer by the name of McLovin!

I figure you, me and Josh are getting the band back together. We just picked up a new drummer by the name of McLovin!

i’ll be your ringo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had my fitting today and ended up with the Apex 19s with Oban CT115 4-A. Can't wait to get these in a week or so. They were money during the fitting.

Hmmmmm.....

Some numbers for y’all that want them:

38a5e07e1ac4fa7eb3c6778f9be1eb4d.jpg

3aeda880be504ad2df5222c545281a79.jpg

Apparently I can’t not hook the 9 iron...

More to come...

Those worry me with mid 4000 spin on a 7 iron. Yikes. Imma try ‘em, but they may not work.

Those worry me with mid 4000 spin on a 7 iron. Yikes. Imma try ‘em, but they may not work.

At my decent angle , I have no problems holding greens...

At 40+ yards peak, he will be fine.

Just played my first round with the combos. My score was normal for what I shoot. I was anxious at first swing and I hit a thin 6 iron very thin. I thought dam here we go big mistake...it left me with pw into the green over a pond. Took a much better swing and landed 10 feet right and spun back about 5 feet. It fealt great didn’t even know it left the face it was so soft. This was the apex pro. Throughout the round I had many shots with the apex standard and the apex pro. My first round thoughts are I can definitely play the pros and the standard clubs are just as smooth but I will have to admit the pros fealt a little softer then the standards. It was very windy so I want to see how they do in a normal condition. As for forgiveness, if you miss the center, my misses we’re thin mostly they still flew straight but didn’t punish my hands. I was nervous about the pros but I ended up liking them the most. If your on the fence I’d say try them but be sure it’s a combo pro model since the lofts are different.

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Just played my first round with the combos. My score was normal for what I shoot. I was anxious at first swing and I hit a thin 6 iron very thin. I thought dam here we go big mistake...it left me with pw into the green over a pond. Took a much better swing and landed 10 feet right and spun back about 5 feet. It fealt great didn’t even know it left the face it was so soft. This was the apex pro. Throughout the round I had many shots with the apex standard and the apex pro. My first round thoughts are I can definitely play the pros and the standard clubs are just as smooth but I will have to admit the pros fealt a little softer then the standards. It was very windy so I want to see how they do in a normal condition. As for forgiveness, if you miss the center, my misses we’re thin mostly they still flew straight but didn’t punish my hands. I was nervous about the pros but I ended up liking them the most. If your on the fence I’d say try them but be sure it’s a combo pro model since the lofts are different.

The forgiveness on thin shots is pretty impressive with this set. I know that was a selling point for the CF16's too and these kept that tradition going. Even the Pro's were impressive and gave me way more distance than I thought I deserved on some thinned shots. I remember in particular a 7 iron that immediately after I hit I thought "no way, that's coming up way short" as I watched it land on the front of the green instead of 5 yards short of the green like I expected.

Man I gotta quit reading this thread!!!!
Are any of you gaming pre CF16 Apex pros? (got mine in early 2015)
These are what I have now and besides some major dings (7i and W) I love the clubs BUT more distance and or forgiveness is welcome to everyone.
Just wonder if any of you have gamed both and can give me you're thoughts!
thanks!!

The forgiveness on thin shots is pretty impressive with this set. I know that was a selling point for the CF16's too and these kept that tradition going. Even the Pro's were impressive and gave me way more distance than I thought I deserved on some thinned shots. I remember in particular a 7 iron that immediately after I hit I thought "no way, that's coming up way short" as I watched it land on the front of the green instead of 5 yards short of the green like I expected.

Agreed I had a couple of those today thinking no way but ended up fine. No vibration either. In my other sets I fealt vibration in my hands but not these. I really like these clubs a lot.

Hmmmmmmm.....

I mean.

Theoretically.

A combo set for 100.00 after trades could be cool.

If so, I’d potentially go black Elevate x100’s at D5 and +1/4 with 2* upright.

Could be neat.

I mean.

Theoretically.

Could be neat.

“*Would be neat. It’s actually a moral imperative. Pretty sure lives depend on it”

There, fixed that last part for you.

“*Would be neat. It’s actually a moral imperative. Pretty sure lives depend on it”

There, fixed that last part for you.

I mean, it’d just be providing feedback for the greater good, right?

Right?

RIGHT!?!?

I mean, it’d just be providing feedback for the greater good, right?

Right?

RIGHT!?!?

It's time to give the people what they want James!

Settled on my set up. Going with the Smoke Combo 1* Up with Elevate Tour Black, with Black/Red Superstroke Cross Comfort grips...7 more days...

I mean.

Theoretically.

Could be neat.

after my trades, my set plus a md4 wedge and a pm 19 wedge only cost me $100 in shipping. and callaway shipped it super fast. the process was crazy easy. just waiting on credit for my trades, which i understand is a little backlogged.

Back